what about things like cinnamon toast etc...?
    also disappointed to read in the review that you can't swipe between messages.
    What are you talking about?
    01-30-13 10:47 AM
    I was expecting more but at least the new phones will be out soon in Canada and UK.

If you think Thorsten is bad have you ever watched Samsung execs on stage? They are shoot me in the head kind of bad.
    01-30-13 10:49 AM
    BB10 looks pretty slick but is it all too late ?
    01-30-13 10:49 AM
    They are underwhelming on stage always have been.They are no ballmer.All these presentation suck ***.this,qualcom,nokia luma,tizen,samsung,apple all suck their not artist or musicians they should really start using smaller stage and venue way to man stuffy stock types in there.They held back so much stuff how annoyinng talk about m2m for like a minute.

I dont know what people where expecting if your on crackberry you got 95% more info then general public.The leaks had more detail than this presentation that initself is hilarious I guess now its down to reviewers to find the niche little tricks.

Anyway I was'nt expecting much just a phone ,I had plenty leaks just give me a phone now!!!! You always find out the good stuff on the berry when you use it.
    01-30-13 10:50 AM
    01-30-13 10:53 AM
    What did you guys want rainbows and unicorns? Its a phone.
    Would have been better than a flat, monotone, emotionless (unless you count forced enthusiasm) presentation. At least rainbows and unicorns would have been an ironic surprise, seeing as we were promised a surprise.

Oh wait, the surprise is that the rumors about a March release were true.
    mikeo007 and m0de25 like this.
    01-30-13 10:55 AM
    I guess the fact that it won't be available for 2 more months here is what has so bummed me out.
    You can always use ebay
    01-30-13 10:55 AM
    The release went exactly as expected, released to their loyal markets first.
    And i've said for a while not all the leaks have been controlled. the surprises were leaked, plain and simple. and there's a lot of posters here, who i suspect may be quiet now they've been found out to be full of crap
    mikeo007 and richardat like this.
    01-30-13 10:58 AM
    They used the phone, a couple actually, and showed it working LIVE.

and it was blazing fast..... it wasn't a powerpoint slide show, it was the beast in action.... Don't fail to recognize how crucial that was for a presentation
    01-30-13 11:06 AM
    I guess we can blame the carriers on this. It seems that the phone is ready, since other carriers will have it tomorrow.
    I know of someone who works for RIM, and it is the carrier, based on their infrastructure and compliance test. Some of them have a much more robust testing cycle than others, which any new phones has to go through, hence the delay. For all I know, short of signing a deal with some provider to allow exclusivity (which they did not this time), any further delays are based on carrier testing and acceptance test. Their Gold software was made available to all carriers at the same time.
    01-30-13 11:06 AM
    what about things like cinnamon toast etc...?
    also disappointed to read in the review that you can't swipe between messages.
    They didn't mention it by name, but we actually saw it in action durring the demo.

Can't swipe between msg's?
    01-30-13 11:07 AM

They wanted to see Thor chow down on a Macintosh Apple and Jelly Beans, spit them out, dance on fictitious iPhone/Android graves, and take a wizz on a W8 phone.

Haters gonna hate....
    01-30-13 11:08 AM
    I agree with you rim`s homesite was bland while this site had a party all sorts of countdowns and WAITINGROOMS lol
    01-30-13 11:08 AM
    How dare they not use fireworks and strippers?!
    JR A, itr themes, undone and 1 others like this.
    01-30-13 11:09 AM
    They used the phone, a couple actually, and showed it working LIVE.

and it was blazing fast..... it wasn't a powerpoint slide show, it was the beast in action.... Don't fail to recognize how crucial that was for a presentation
    I have tried it myself, and it is blazing fast. It actually is faster to load a page over LTE with this phone, than my PB loads a page with broadband at home, around 20 megabits.
    Even the Video chat is seamless on LTE. Can't wait to get my own!!
    01-30-13 11:09 AM
    They wanted to see Thor chow down on a Macintosh Apple and Jelly Beans, spit them out, dance on fictitious iPhone/Android graves, and take a wizz on a W8 phone.

Haters gonna hate....
    Yes. That IS what we wanted to see.

I've seen more thrilling demos at CES.

I LOVE the phone and can't wait to get one, but I already felt like that before the launch.

And when have Apple ever launched a product and then told people they have to wait two months for it. Crazy!
    01-30-13 11:11 AM
    Well I guess we now know why there was no early marketing attempts, delayed availability in the states would further **** us off even more.Typical Rim, very disappointed. Always too much compromise. Flame away
    m0de25 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:12 AM
    The release went exactly as expected, released to their loyal markets first.
    And i've said for a while not all the leaks have been controlled. the surprises were leaked, plain and simple. and there's a lot of posters here, who i suspect may be quiet now they've been found out to be full of crap
    Yep, I agree it was nonsense. It is almost impossible to stop/control all leaks, but I guess it sounded great at he time.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:15 AM
    It is? I must have blinked and missed any conversation of call quality; signal strength; how one goes about answering phone calls or checks a text message or email message while simultaneously putting the caller on hold or transferring to the speakerphone, etc.
    JR A and m0de25 like this.
    01-30-13 11:17 AM
    At least that would have been entertaining...except for the peeing on the windows phone. He could just have spit the apple and jelly bean pieces onto the window.
    01-30-13 11:19 AM
    Unless I missed it...there wasn't any mention about BB10 coming to the PlayBook??? Oh, well...getting my phone on the 5th...Rogers just texted me to confirm Black Z10 and to text back YES if I want the white Z10
    01-30-13 11:19 AM
    I was banking on some new and killer innovative features to be announced. I also thought US carriers would have it sooner than March. I knew of the March 27th leaked date on T-Mo, but I thought they were going to be one of the last. The Samsung Galaxy S4 could possibly be announced by then.

I'm waiting to reserve my judgement until I see a replay of the event, though. I really want to see the z10 in action. Hopefully it'll be up by the time I get home from work today.

And what's this I'm hearing about Verizon having exclusivity on the white z10??????? Gah!
    01-30-13 11:21 AM
    Come on guys, end of March release date, that's a huge surprise!!! Seriously, I watched the entire presentation and thought it was fine. Nothing amazing, but it showed off the best features and wasn't expecting anything amazing to come out of it (The Alicia Keys thing was especially pointless to me, basically just a paid spokesperson). But once he said "Pricing and release date details will come from our carriers" I knew it wasn't going to come out any time soon. If you notice in all of Apple's presentations they let everyone know very clearly that the phone will be available w/in 2 weeks. I know it's up to the carriers, but BlackBerry had to have known they'd have hoops to jump through and made sure the device was available w/in a reasonable time. 2 months from now all this hype is gone and I really worry about the adoption rate.
    01-30-13 11:23 AM
    Maybe this is the wrong type of press event to announce the more technical types of features BB10 has, but I find this BlackBerry 10 Adds MicroSDXC 64GB+ Memory Card Support!!! Get One for $60 Shipped! - BerryReview more exciting in terms of future potential than what was presented today.
    01-30-13 11:26 AM
    Anyone who won't admit that this launch was disappointing and underwhelming are under a spell of delusion. Apps that were confirmed are not even avaliable yet! The phone is great, but this only half of it. Blackberry did a terrible job with this launch, it needed way more life! Delayed release date for the US will definitely hurt the phone.
    m0de25 and flyingsolid like this.
    01-30-13 11:30 AM
101 1234 ...