Am I the only one that was expecting something more from this presentation?
    Don't get me wrong, the screen share was a nice feature and the Alicia Keyes appointment was a surprise. But, that's it?

I guess getting all of the hands-on demos of the Alpha phones just ruined the surprise.
    01-30-13 10:25 AM
    Don't get me wrong, the screen share was a nice feature and the Alicia Keyes appointment was a surprise. But, that's it?

I guess getting all of the hands-on demos of the Alpha phones just ruined the surprise.
    With how they pretty much showed most of the OS earlier I did not expect much more from this presentation.
    01-30-13 10:28 AM
    Skype.....
    Jeovex likes this.
    The launch was underwhelming.... I'm sorry guys but it is. BlackBerry's (RIM)'s stock has now plummeted too.
    what the **** do you want????????????

its a phone

I guess the fact that it won't be available for 2 more months here is what has so bummed me out.
    Step away from the ledge people.....
    01-30-13 10:29 AM
    i didnt find it underwhelming because like i expected all the surprises had been leaked.
    i'm grateful now that i never listened to the people who here who claimed the launch would blow peoples minds.

I am impressed with what i already saw so i will get it. But no thanks to the over zealous who built it up to fall, not only here but on other sites too
    01-30-13 10:31 AM
    Im not happy about the March USA release when a majority of the world gets it tomorrow and in the weeks following.
    01-30-13 10:33 AM
    I was a bit worried about this - we all had our expectations very high.
    Im not happy about the March USA release when a majority of the world gets it tomorrow and in the weeks following.
    It could be the fault of the carriers. I doubt RIM (err BlackBerry) wants to wait.

I think its horrible. Spending millions on marketing, superbowl, etc. Hype will be gone by March.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    I guess we can blame the carriers on this. It seems that the phone is ready, since other carriers will have it tomorrow.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-30-13 10:34 AM
    What the **** were you expecting? The launch was awesome! Plus Skype confirmed!
    01-30-13 10:37 AM
    You ask for Skype, you get Skype.
    You ask for a view of what Frank Boulben is doing, you get it.
    What more do you want?
    I'm not surprised, after all the chit NA has giving RIM over the years. RIM is giving love to those that want the phone first.
    It could be the fault of the carriers. I doubt RIM (err BlackBerry) wants to wait.

I think its horrible. Spending millions on marketing, superbowl, etc. Hype will be gone by March.
    I totally agree. Too much time between Super Bowl & a March release. I know it doesn't fall back on BB, but they would know when the US carriers would release so why spend the money when you can't purchase. A non-BB user might see the super bowl ad (without knowing anything about any of the build up), like the ad, go to their respective carrier's websites and see that it isn't out for another month. By then most would have lost interest or moved on to something else. It's kind of like a point of sale at the super market. The "candy bar" wouldn't not get purchased if it wasn't right there.
    01-30-13 10:38 AM
    I am not a dev, but I thought the whole BBM thing was powerful. Remember was very nice as well. Even though I was aware of time share and the video editing tools, they looked more powerful in the presentation. The whole idea of threading the vacation theme together and then putting together a sharable presentation was pretty damm cool. Oh well, haters gonna hate I guess.
    01-30-13 10:39 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Its the carriers, not RIM. I went to my carriers site to look for pre- ordering options as Thor said we would have today. Nothing posted yet.
    What the **** were you expecting? The launch was awesome! Plus Skype confirmed!
    Actually, it was lackluster. If they were just going to present what the geeks have already seen, then get a professional presenter. Thor is no hype man. They guy doing the apps did a better job of trying bring life back into the crowd.

BTW, I really don't care about Skype. Because in all honesty, if the BB10 phones blow away the competition, people will just use BBM video for free over Skype.
    C'mon guys... It was a little underwhelming. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I don't think it did too much for the brand. At least not in the US
    jimpilot and imz like this.
    01-30-13 10:40 AM
    What did you guys want rainbows and unicorns? Its a phone.
    toneytone likes this.
    01-30-13 10:42 AM
    I am not a dev, but I thought the whole BBM thing was powerful. Remember was very nice as well. Even though I was aware of time share and the video editing tools, they looked more powerful in the presentation. The whole idea of threading the vacation theme together and then putting together a sharable presentation was pretty damm cool. Oh well, haters gonna hate I guess.
    I agree the vacation demo was very good. The speed at which he did the actions was very impressive.

I'm not hating on the phone, I think it is great. But, the key to selling hype is not to give away everything before you get on stage and BlackBerry pretty much did that.
    01-30-13 10:42 AM
    My biggest disappointment is that we gotta wait at least another 4 weeks for buy the actual phone. Probably not their fault but still.
    TheQuietRioter and Alex_Hong like this.
    01-30-13 10:43 AM
    what about things like cinnamon toast etc...?
    also disappointed to read in the review that you can't swipe between messages.
    01-30-13 10:44 AM
    C'mon guys... It was a little underwhelming. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I don't think it did too much for the brand. At least not in the US
    Agreed. I can't wait to get my Z10, but this was very underwhelming. The fact that this isn't going to be available till March in the USA is sad and somewhat depressing as well. I'm more excite for Game of Thrones to be back in March than I am for a smartphone I have been waiting for for over 2 years. Not cool.

This device should have launched in the US first or within the first week of this announcement. The US is the market they lost, and it is being pushed to the back burner again. I don't know if it is RIM (well just BlackBerry now...) to blame or the carriers, but it will always fall on RIM shoulders no matter what.

Like I said, the OS/device looks great and I can't wait to get mine. I just wish I was able to get mine faster.
    01-30-13 10:46 AM
101 123 ...