It really is not a good sign that these people are leaving BlackBerry. I wonder if it is under their own choice or if they are being kind of "pushed" out the door by the new management...as much as it sucks I hope the management is pushing them out, because at least that would mean these employees aren't choosing to leave. If they are choosing to leave then it means they don't want to work for BB anymore, probably because of the direction or management involved, which isn't good to see...
    It could also be the fact that he has an opportunity to get in to a company at ground level and that company has a ton of potential. Also, he doesn't even have to move to do this.
    02-05-14 09:11 PM
    I didn't know Alex Kinsella, but saw him at CES talking about BBM 2. He seemed like a nice guy, but if his heart is no longer with BlackBerry for whatever reason, it's best to find someone else. I think it's all good. New blood has been the story with BlackBerry lately, so it should not come as too much of a surprise to many of us. Looking forward to see who John Chen will find to fill this gap facing BBM. John is keeping things moving, and getting things done for BlackBerry. He appears to have a gift for finding, or persuading talented people to come to BlackBerry and take responsibility in key positions. I would say John is a good team worker, as well as a good communicator. It will be interesting to see who John finds this time, that is cool, talented, and willing to accept the BBM challenge .
    02-05-14 11:17 PM
    Fact of the matter is - BBM cross-platform launch was messed-up. When they finally managed to launch it, it lacked (and still lacks) several features that are taken for granted in other messenger apps. PR Buzz regarding BBM has largely died (squandered). BBM cross platform hasn't yet received any major update. The BBM app's UI is still kind of confusing to iOS/Android users.

And Alex Kinsella played a major role in all things BBM. And Alex's track record doesn't inspire too much confidence.

I am sure he was a well meaning, hard working chap but I hope he is replaced with someone far more talented because I want to see BBM succeed. All the best to Alex in his new role.
    milo53 likes this.
    02-05-14 11:22 PM
    Alex commented on a post in CrackBerry earlier, it was in the the Web Design Cheat Sheet post. I believe he wished the dev well. He's on CB folks so maybe you can have a chat with him.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    alexkinsella and pkcable like this.
    02-05-14 11:37 PM
    I didn't know Alex Kinsella, but saw him at CES talking about BBM 2. He seemed like a nice guy, but if his heart is no longer with BlackBerry for whatever reason, it's best to find someone else. I think it's all good. New blood has been the story with BlackBerry lately, so it should not come as too much of a surprise to many of us. Looking forward to see who John Chen will find to fill this gap facing BBM. John is keeping things moving, and getting things done for BlackBerry. He appears to have a gift for finding, or persuading talented people to come to BlackBerry and take responsibility in key positions. I would say John is a good team worker, as well as a good communicator. It will be interesting to see who John finds this time, that is cool, talented, and willing to accept the BBM challenge .
    Huge money is the only way BB is recruiting some of Chens buddies. Internally it's a disaster at BB, many good people are leaving in droves.

Wouldn't you?
    02-06-14 01:12 AM
    Money talks

Posted via my awesome Q10
    02-06-14 01:26 AM
    Have a nice road Alex ! Hope we'll meet again soon.
    Azensun and alexkinsella like this.
    02-06-14 03:56 AM
    I have to question Alex's loyalty

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 05:26 AM
    I have to question Alex's loyalty

To what? The well-being of himself and his family?
    02-06-14 05:37 AM
    No his loyalty to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 05:41 AM
    No his loyalty to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Did you question Blackberry's loyalty to the 4k people that were laid off last year?

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-06-14 06:14 AM
    What's that got to do with Alex?

I was just questioning his loyalty to BlackBerry which he has none. I'm ok with that it's his life. But his loyalty you can obviously question, unless you know him personally and know something we don't?
    02-06-14 06:17 AM

I was just questioning his loyalty to BlackBerry which he has none. I'm ok with that it's his life. But his loyalty you can obviously question, unless you know him personally and know something we don't?
    Most of you seem rather young/naive/inexperienced in life based on the comments I'm reading. Thalmic is one of THE hot startups in Waterloo in the space of wearable tech for remote control of devices. Check them out. They are getting a lot of buzz globally and like the one sane person mentioned above PERHAPS this was a more enhanced career move within the same community that afforded him the things that were important to him and his family.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 06:31 AM

It's a job man. He has a great opportunity ahead and he's a young guy. In life, your first loyally is to yourself, not your employer. Take risks, have fun, try new things, and don't look back. You can't put the blinders on as if you do, you could miss opportunity presenting itself. This may not work out for him, or it may pay off in spades. Unless he tries, he can't know and that is what keeps the excitement alive.
    Superfly_FR, JeepBB, TGR1 and 5 others like this.
    02-06-14 06:40 AM
    It really is not a good sign that these people are leaving BlackBerry. I wonder if it is under their own choice or if they are being kind of "pushed" out the door by the new management...as much as it sucks I hope the management is pushing them out, because at least that would mean these employees aren't choosing to leave. If they are choosing to leave then it means they don't want to work for BB anymore, probably because of the direction or management involved, which isn't good to see...
    So it isn't a good sign that people are leaving Blackberry? The people responsible to have made Blackberry and BB10 such a resounding success during the past few years.

Heads needed to roll.
    02-06-14 06:44 AM
    Either way, BlackBerry needs new bloods and perspectives; we all know how things have worked out these past while. I believe the move is good for Alex and hopefully good for BlackBerry too. Life goes on.
    02-06-14 06:44 AM
    Huge money is the only way BB is recruiting some of Chens buddies. Internally it's a disaster at BB, many good people are leaving in droves.

Wouldn't you?
    As I said before, many good people are leaving in droves. The same people who did such a successful job that Blackberry and BB10 are at the top of the world. I agree, internally it was a disaster and things need to change. Personnel changes would be a good step.
    Skyforever likes this.
    02-06-14 06:47 AM

I don't know him personally, however I think it's silly to question someone's loyalty to an entity.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    JeepBB, TGR1, cwalt2166 and 4 others like this.
    02-06-14 07:25 AM

Wouldn't you?
    Unfortunately many good people have left in drove, but I don't think it is because of what you are saying. Many have left because they have been told to leave (lost their jobs). Last I heard Kevin was saying the buzz inside BlackBerry was positive. No need to run. Some smart kids out there, are yearning for a challenge. Let's give them a chance BlackBerry. I'm confident Chen knows how to pick them. It's a great time to attract healthy new brain kids (thinking outside of the box) to help BlackBerry revolutionize and innovate the/a new BlackBerry. It's not just about the smarts, but what you do with them.
    02-06-14 07:29 AM
    Wasn't he JUST promoted within QNX?

EDIT: Nevermind, thinking of Alec Saunders.
    02-06-14 07:35 AM
    Weird, im on his BBM channel and hes still posting blackberry related things.
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    02-06-14 07:42 AM
    Weird, im on his BBM channel and hes still posting blackberry related things.
    Alex Kinsella = Left BlackBerry?-twitter-alexkinsella-benjamin_bbdev-i-still-have-....png
    dusdal likes this.
    02-06-14 08:01 AM
    It's funny people who do not know him or BB making assumptions upon assumptions and start arguing as if they are facts. SMH.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-06-14 08:02 AM
    It takes a lot more money to get someone to leave a job they love.
    Just about everyone has a price. The right salary combined with the right perks and opportunities can be sometimes hard to turn down.
    milo53 likes this.
    02-06-14 08:24 AM
    It's funny people who do not know him or BB making assumptions upon assumptions and start arguing as if they are facts. SMH.
    Good point.
    02-06-14 08:25 AM
70 123