Holy crap.... Alec reads CrackBerry.....
    Alec lot of love for BB in India. No one likes the iPhone here. Take your time and bring up an awesome BB10 device. Anyways the future is "emerging" markets, cos the established markets have their begging bowls out....
    Lots of love for BB in India because it's cheap. BB10 isn't for emerging markets - it's going on high-end phones (RIM have very clearly stated as much several times now). So if we take what you say that "the future is emerging markets", and combine it with RIM's statements that "BB10 is the future", doesn't that kinda mean you're screwed?
    06-27-12 06:37 PM
    If RIM does not read what it's best supporters are saying on THE forum for all things RIM.....
    ....It's already game over guys and just like a Jurassic period animal - it takes some time for the brain to realize it's dead.
    ...And the body still moves until it gets the message.
    06-28-12 01:11 AM
    Thanks for all your passion guys!

FWIW, I was on a cruise with my elderly parents and my wife. My parents bought the ticket for us two years ago as a gift. It was an open ticket that expired in June 2012. I kept postponing until I couldn't postpone any longer -- they would have lost their money if we hadn't gone this month.

And yes, when we were in cell range, the BlackBerry was at hand.

Best, A
    Hope you and your family enjoyed the trip. There is no need to explain yourself to these guys, everyone at RIM has been working hard a week off to clear ones mind never hurts anyone.
    06-28-12 05:35 AM
    If RIM does not read what it's best supporters are saying on THE forum for all things RIM.....
    ....It's already game over guys and just like a Jurassic period animal - it takes some time for the brain to realize it's dead.
    What about the official forums lol. Yes CB has a very large and active community, but since RIM offers their own forums for help and support it would make sense to keep an eye on things here when able, but focus there. RIM is not dead, they have a hard road ahead of them but they CAN recover. They will do everything they can, and are doing it now, but in the end it comes down to consumers making a choice, BB10 or not. I hope the former (and I know I will be purchasing them as soon as able).
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-28-12 11:06 AM
    This makes no sense to me and assigns far too much clout to CrackBerry.com
    Stay with me because this is in no way an attempt to diminish CB, just a realistic
    (for me) look.

The site is listing over 3.2 million users. I would submit that half those accounts are
    inactive or duplicates (users with more than one log in). That brings you down to 1.6 million.

Of that 1.6 million actual accounts I would submit that half are modestly to very active. That
    brings you down to 800,000. Of that 800,000 not all are BlackBerry owners. Lets be generous
    and say 80% are and that gets you to 640,000 users.

There are reportedly over 78 million BlackBerry users worldwide and you honestly expect
    RIM to take it's marching orders from a site whose, by my estimate, total active(BlackBerry
    owning / using) user base represents less than 1% of it's total number of subscribers. Not
    a winning strategy regardless of how we may view ourselves in the "forum-sphere"
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-28-12 at 11:39 AM.
    06-28-12 11:34 AM
    This makes no sense to me and assigns far too much clout to CrackBerry.com
    Stay with me because this is in no way an attempt to diminish CB, just a realistic
    (for me) look.

The site is listing over 3.2 million users. I would submit that half those accounts are
    inactive or duplicates (users with more than one log in). That brings you down to 1.6 million.

Of that 1.6 million actual accounts I would submit that half are modestly to very active. That
    brings you down to 800,000. Of that 800,000 not all are BlackBerry owners. Lets be generous
    and say 80% are and that gets you to 640,000 users.

There are reportedly over 78 million BlackBerry users worldwide and you honestly expect
    RIM to take it's marching orders from a site whose, by my estimate, total active(BlackBerry
    owning / using) user base represents less than 1% of it's total number of subscribers. Not
    a winning strategy regardless of how we may view ourselves in the "forum-sphere"
    See you ruined it, and you brought logic into the mix...

On a more serious note, CB is very influential in its own right, but within the sphere of other BlackBerry blog/forum sites. I would wager that most consumers have never even heard the term "CrackBerry" let alone the site.
    06-28-12 11:42 AM
    By the way, Alec is responsible. The vast majority of the problem apps like Docs to go, Evernote, Adobe are third party apps. If current discussions are not working with these developers, change the tactics or look to other developers. Job One for Alec.
    Do you know every detail of the man's job description? Unless you're his hiring manager, I'm pretty sure you don't.

Next question: How would YOU like several hundred thousand people telling you what YOUR job is and how you should be doing it? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.

Answers to those two questions notwithstanding, and for all the rest of you who think you know more than all of RIM's executive management team and board of directors... They are in those positions, and you are not. Of course differing opinions are always welcome as points for discussion. However, I am mortified and embarrassed by the way the people who are currently giving all of their time and energy toward the single goal of returning RIM to success and prominence are being treated around here.

SHOW SOME FRIGGIN' RESPECT.
    06-28-12 12:17 PM
    Get instagram on bb10..
    06-28-12 12:28 PM
    Do you know every detail of the man's job description? Unless you're his hiring manager, I'm pretty sure you don't.

Next question: How would YOU like several hundred thousand people telling you what YOUR job is and how you should be doing it? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.

Answers to those two questions notwithstanding, and for all the rest of you who think you know more than all of RIM's executive management team and board of directors... They are in those positions, and you are not. Of course differing opinions are always welcome as points for discussion. However, I am mortified and embarrassed by the way the people who are currently giving all of their time and energy toward the single goal of returning RIM to success and prominence are being treated around here.

SHOW SOME FRIGGIN' RESPECT.
    This could not have been said any better. It is ridiculous how people get some times, how entitled etc. We all have our opinions, and Alec does a tremendous job on Twitter responding to many many inquiries. He is doing, IMHO, a fantastic job, and from my several conversations with him is a truly stand up guy.
    06-28-12 12:35 PM
    [email protected] Send him a note.
    06-28-12 12:50 PM
    Xander, on that other thread he specifically requested that only ONE representative from CB contact him to prove that was him.
    I'm not sure he would appreciate a million messages from the few trolling malcontents at CB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-28-12 at 01:42 PM.
    06-28-12 01:39 PM
    Xander, on that other thread he specifically requested that only ONE representative from CB contact him to prove that was him.
    I'm not sure he would appreciate a million messages from the few trolling malcontents at CB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I imagine he likes to hear the passion of his "trolls", although I imagine he calls them customers.

FYI, Bush took less vacation days than Obama has taken just to play golf, google it.
    06-28-12 01:46 PM
    I imagine he likes to hear the passion of his "trolls", although I imagine he calls them customers.

FYI, Bush took less vacation days than Obama has taken just to play golf, google it.
    Can we PLEASE not do this. It never ever turns out well and this surely isn't the place for it.
    06-28-12 01:50 PM
    There is a difference between a customer, happy or unhappy, who is a reasonable person and who can express his satisfaction/dissatisfaction with a company's product.

Then there are the few here whose mission in life is to disrupt and to denigrate RIM the company and RIM leadership.

While the former would offer constructive input, the latter offer only rampant buffonery. No one should be subjected to, or enable, the latter.
    06-28-12 03:20 PM
    Looks like RIM finally decided to implement what I suggested in this thread. Postpone vacations and focus on business. Too bad they did not start this in Spring.

Alec lucked out, hope he is well rested and refreshed, and will be hard charging to get those critical developers of infrastructure apps on board.
    06-30-12 01:00 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD