*1st Stage: DENIAL

"BB10 is about productivity, getting things done. Prosumers are the target. Consumers aren't the focus. It's impossible to duplicate the BB10 experience on Android. Apps are for kids..."

**2nd Stage: ANGER

"Screw Blackberry I am getting a Windows phone or a Jolla phone(...yes a Jolla phone, so much for the productivity argument...). I will never use a Droid. I had one in 2010 and it lagged like crazy!"

***3rd Stage: BARGAINING

"Who needs Android. If Blackberry just markets better they will sell more phones. If they create an amazing all touch device, it would sell like hotcakes...no, better yet we need a physical keyboard with the toolbelt and people will flock back. Apps aren't important I can just go to the website on my Web browser, it's about productivity; PROSUMERS, let's just focus on enterprise and the consumers will follow...right?"

****4th Stage: DEPRESSION

"I think I will just go back to a dumbphone...Goodbye Blackberry. Kevin is a traitor... Him and his stupid Apple phone, I bet he tucks it between his legs when he sleeps...Chen destroyed Blackberry..."

*****Alas the final Stage: ACCEPTANCE

"This is just a phone. Blackberry is a business-not my friend. I love BB10, but I'll give this Android experiment a shot...why not. If it's a means to the preservation of my favorite OS, then why not. As long as it has the BB10 feel...Why was I so worried about what phone everyone else was using?"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Fidel Mercado; 08-26-15 at 12:16 AM.
    08-25-15 11:24 PM
    What stage are you in to that made you create such a thread?

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche, lift, wincyUt and 9 others like this.
    08-25-15 11:34 PM
    What stage are you in to that made you create such a thread?

Posted via CB10
    Boredom.

08-25-15 11:38 PM
    Thank you for sharing your phone emotional drama. I didn't have any of those stages.

Me bb10 Berries work great and if BlackBerry wants to try an Android phone, I think that is great as well, cuz a lot of people on here love their apps and it may increase BlackBerry hardware sales.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 11:52 PM
    In my own defense, I switched from an iPhone after realizing I don't need the apps. The keyboard experience beats the typing on glass experience on any day, at least for me. I got an iPad to read my manga and even on that I have apps that I don't use. Yes, I do use the browser for my banking app, but it does the job. I'm not going to ignore my preferences just because it would be more convenient for that one app I'd use.

Now when it comes to BlackBerry going Android. I'll give it a shot as I don't want to lose my keyboard. And I'll probably have to get used to it. Am I going to prefer BlackBerry 10 before Android? Probably, because the design is different. A native hub for example can't be replicated a 'skin' on top of another native thing. I for one hope they can, but somehow I doubt it.

If BlackBerry keeps the 10 alive, I'll probably stay where I am. If they completely switch to Android, I'll give that a shot as long as I can keep my keyboard.

You'd have some valid points if you brought it different, but you'll probably get flamed if too many people read this. Because, well, some of it is pretty true, but a big part isn't =)

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul and Shadowyugi like this.
    08-25-15 11:58 PM
    Where is the stage of 'jump to the Egypt river?'

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 12:00 AM
    Lol this is funny

Posted via CB10
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    08-26-15 12:00 AM
    Prepare for the incoming wave of BlackBerry Loyalists.

They'll just tell you to go eat cake.
    08-26-15 12:02 AM
    Lol.
    08-26-15 12:17 AM
    Thank you for sharing your phone emotional drama. I didn't have any of those stages.

Me bb10 Berries work great and if BlackBerry wants to try an Android phone, I think that is great as well, cuz a lot of people on here love their apps and it may increase BlackBerry hardware sales.

Posted via CB10
    OK BUT why with the phone I have been waiting years for?
    TripNFry likes this.
    08-26-15 12:29 AM
    A 5th stage, there is not.

To the dark side you will turn.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 01:38 AM
    I am at the stage where I love my BlackBerry 10 experience and I hate android.

  
    rayporsche, will308 and sirius27 like this.
    08-26-15 02:00 AM

  
    When I read the last word, I thought it's mongodroid. Tsk! Tsk! Really feel sleepy.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-26-15 02:57 AM
    Y u do this??? Y u bait the trollz???? 😰
    08-26-15 03:37 AM

Find some other phone manufacturer that provides an operating system other than iOS, Windows Phone or Android.

I just came from Nokia and it really feels like I'm being followed by those who wants to destroy non-PRISM operating systems.
    08-26-15 05:14 AM
    *1st Stage: DENIAL

"BB10 is about productivity, getting things done. Prosumers are the target. Consumers aren't the focus. It's impossible to duplicate the BB10 experience on Android. Apps are for kids..."

**2nd Stage: ANGER

"Screw Blackberry I am getting a Windows phone or a Jolla phone(...yes a Jolla phone, so much for the productivity argument...). I will never use a Droid. I had one in 2010 and it lagged like crazy!"

***3rd Stage: BARGAINING

"Who needs Android. If Blackberry just markets better they will sell more phones. If they create an amazing all touch device, it would sell like hotcakes...no, better yet we need a physical keyboard with the toolbelt and people will flock back. Apps aren't important I can just go to the website on my Web browser, it's about productivity; PROSUMERS, let's just focus on enterprise and the consumers will follow...right?"

****4th Stage: DEPRESSION

"I think I will just go back to a dumbphone...Goodbye Blackberry. Kevin is a traitor... Him and his stupid Apple phone, I bet he tucks it between his legs when he sleeps...Chen destroyed Blackberry..."

"This is just a phone. Blackberry is a business-not my friend. I love BB10, but I'll give this Android experiment a shot...why not. If it's a means to the preservation of my favorite OS, then why not. As long as it has the BB10 feel...Why was I so worried about what phone everyone else was using?"

I pretty much agreed with everything / found it funny. But not the acceptance stage. For me I only been on this bandwagon since Z10 so I'm new to BlackBerry. But I'll be getting the slider due to the battery and the hub experience cos it's not just a phone it's what suits me best. If BlackBerry stopped making the phones that suits me best I would be getting another one...
    08-26-15 05:20 AM

  
    Hate? A tad bit strong, No?

Blacklatino likes this.
    08-26-15 12:14 PM
    Acceptance: Move on to another vendor that values it's customers.

Posted via Z30
    08-26-15 12:18 PM
    My view = I will keep my Passport until it is no longer serving my needs and upgrade to the next OS10 device (If one exists) or any other non android based OS device that seems appropriate.
    lift and AYC2112 like this.
    08-26-15 12:21 PM

Find some other phone manufacturer that provides an operating system other than iOS, Windows Phone or Android.

I just came from Nokia and it really feels like I'm being followed by those who wants to destroy non-PRISM operating systems.
    Be that as it may that BlackBerry isn't affliated with PRISM. If you use Google services (like GMail) or Facebook services, you're pretty much screwed already.

Then again, what do you have to worry about? Hiding from the NSA brah?

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-26-15 12:22 PM
    Hate? A tad bit strong, No?

Nah I hate Apple devices probably the same as he hates Android.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    lift, FF22, will308 and 2 others like this.
    08-26-15 12:23 PM
    Why was I so worried about what phone everyone else was using?"
    How about learning from the experience? If ecosystem is important then you probably are better off going with either the first or second most popular platform. Otherwise, you will always be waiting for an app developer to get around to #3 or #4. Not just someone who can write an app but a company that has the content, network, IP, or whatever to deliver to users.
    08-26-15 12:28 PM
    How about learning from the experience? If ecosystem is important then you probably are better off going with either the first or second most popular platform. Otherwise, you will always be waiting for an app developer to get around to #3 or #4. Not just someone who can write an app but a company that has the content, network, IP, or whatever to deliver to users.
    As I said on another post, there are a few (well, probably more than a few) people here on CB who reject anything mainstream, and are only happy when they are supporting a niche product with all of the drama, intrigue, and arguments that come with such. They were WebOS or Meego people before BB10, and they'll be Tizen or Sailfish or Ubuntu people after - and they'll continue to complain about a lack of support, and cheer for every little work-around and hack that brings them 70% of the functionality that most others have for a given app or service. It's just who they are - perpetual outliers.

Standard logic isn't going to change their minds, because they're operating on their own "logic"...
    08-26-15 01:40 PM

  
    Marriage?

Posted via C5303
    08-26-15 01:45 PM
    As I said on another post, there are a few (well, probably more than a few) people here on CB who reject anything mainstream, and are only happy when they are supporting a niche product with all of the drama, intrigue, and arguments that come with such. They were WebOS or Meego people before BB10, and they'll be Tizen or Sailfish or Ubuntu people after - and they'll continue to complain about a lack of support, and cheer for every little work-around and hack that brings them 70% of the functionality that most others have for a given app or service. It's just who they are - perpetual outliers.

Standard logic isn't going to change their minds, because they're operating on their own "logic"...
    Guess that is why after my Palm Treo, five BlackBerry device... I'm thinking about a Windows 10 phone (if they release a flagship).
    ubizmo and Blacklatino like this.
    08-26-15 01:56 PM
112 123 ...