07-18-10 01:33 PM
    Just more repetetive nonsense about how the #1 selling Smartphone maker has to keep an eye on the up and comers.

Business 101 stuff teaches you that NOBODY stays on top forever, especially if they don't better the competition. Business 102 stuff teaches you that you need to know what YOUR business is, and not try to be all things to all people.
    07-18-10 01:47 PM
    Just more repetetive nonsense about how the #1 selling Smartphone maker has to keep an eye on the up and comers.
    That would be #1 in North America. Worldwide RIM lags way behind Nokia, just saying.
    07-18-10 02:00 PM
    Business 101 stuff teaches you that NOBODY stays on top forever.
    exactly what I was going to say!
    07-18-10 02:20 PM
    We'll see until the USA gets tiered plans like in Canada.
    A large factor here is the data plan.
    When I got my BlackBerry I got it because I would be able to use the cheapest data plan (500mb, $50) and not have to worry about ever going over.
    My parents have other smartphones and more expensive data plans, sending emails and watching youtube can sometimes send them over their limits.
    That's not the only factor, but it can be pretty signifigant.
    I wonder what it's like at AT&T with new activations (if they have any), the consumer can either choose the 200mb plan, more than enough for the BlackBerry, borderline for other smartphones or the 2gb..
    07-18-10 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD