So, I dont know if this has ever been posted or discussed before but I want to save everyone from the horror of what I've done.... Yep, you guessed it. I was cleaning out the desktop and laptop keyboard with those air cans.... Thought I'd do the blackberry too... Yea BIG MISTAKE. It destroyed some of the parts... Such as the mic. While chatting it up on the phone the mic goes in and out. Caused the liquid indicator to trigger and now warranty shows it as damaged and now its not covered. Looks like I'll be buying a new phone!!! Just wanted to warn everyone of my screw up!
    04-04-08 12:52 AM
    Sorry to hear that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 12:55 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I've used an air can LIGHTLY on mine, and so far no issues. Guess I won't be doing that again!

04-04-08 12:57 AM
    Omgosh! I literally do this all the time. That is so scary. I guess I won't be doing that again! I'm so sorry about your phone!
    04-04-08 01:06 AM
    Maybe we should take up a collection
    04-04-08 01:06 AM
    Patrick waugh would you please pass the collection plate while i pray over this poor lil blackberry
    "our father who art in heaven..."

but seriously, good tip cause i never would have known
    sorry about your loss
    dont forget to do a backup
    04-04-08 01:16 AM
    I used the compressed can of air on my BB all the time. I wonder what you did wrong? Sorry to hear though.
    04-04-08 01:53 AM
    dangg that sucks
    what else got messed up besides the mic?
    04-04-08 02:41 AM
    Maybe we should take up a collection
    I was thinking the same thing.
    04-04-08 02:43 AM
    Maybe he blasted it too hard with the aircan.

04-04-08 02:47 AM
    Oh no - sorry that happened. Thanks for the heads up!
    04-04-08 04:02 AM
    So, I dont know if this has ever been posted or discussed before but I want to save everyone from the horror of what I've done.... Yep, you guessed it. I was cleaning out the desktop and laptop keyboard with those air cans.... Thought I'd do the blackberry too... Yea BIG MISTAKE. It destroyed some of the parts... Such as the mic. While chatting it up on the phone the mic goes in and out. Caused the liquid indicator to trigger and now warranty shows it as damaged and now its not covered. Looks like I'll be buying a new phone!!! Just wanted to warn everyone of my screw up!
    R. I. P. to natedawg54's 8100 the services will be held here online at cb saturday at 5pm... soory to hear about your loss
    04-04-08 04:05 AM
    Whoa... sorry to hear about your loss... But at least now you have an excuse to switch to the curve...
    04-04-08 04:08 AM
    THANK YOU!

I was going to do my BlackBerry with compressed air but now I guess not! Thanks for sharing!

04-04-08 04:19 AM
    Whoa... sorry to hear about your loss... But at least now you have an excuse to switch to the curve...
    Real sorry about your loss, but was just thinking the same thing about getting a Curve.
    04-04-08 04:27 AM
    Lmao
    Could you imagine the funeral procession?
    Everyone with their heads down bb's open bbmsging each other notes of sympathy and support.

04-04-08 04:32 AM
    What brand of air can did you use?
    04-04-08 06:32 AM
    I was just thinking . . .

First, that sucks a bag of donkey d!cks!!! Sorry, buddy.

Second, aren't the "I got it wet" indicators on the battery? Cheaper than a new phone might be a new battery, then a warranty claim for the phone. Just a thought on working the system.

I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
    04-04-08 07:48 AM
    I shook the can up pretty good. I did the whole blackberry. The battery doesnt hold more than a 10 hour charge. Thanks for all the sympathy. Can't decide if Im going iPhone or Curve...
    04-05-08 09:56 AM
    That blows !
    04-05-08 10:06 AM
    It seems you have to avoid condensation... that's why they suggest to do short shots of air, instead of a continuous shot, because it get condensed... had same issue with keyboard, but let it dry.... no problems so far...
    Good luck, and I agree... it is a good way to justify the switch to curve
    04-05-08 11:56 AM
    C U R V E

No iPhones here mate!
    04-05-08 12:34 PM
    How close are you spraying? Are you holding the trigger down too because you're not supposed to. You're supposed to be doing short bursts or the liquid from inside the can will come out.
    04-05-08 12:43 PM
    Yikes! This was something I was going to do. I am so sorry about your Pearl, but thanks for the warning.
    04-05-08 02:52 PM
    OMG thank you so much for the warning. i have been thinking about doing that for a couple of days now. I'm so glad i have been too forgetful to do it.
    04-05-08 03:20 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD