How can I download Aol Instant Messenger on my blackberry?
    11-13-07 02:27 PM
    Try http://www.blackberry.com/aim or better yet, download JiveTalk
    11-13-07 03:21 PM
    Thanks A Bunch!
    11-14-07 10:31 AM
    if you use the ABOVE link to download AIM:

as long as your have the data plan; will AIM be free? or will you have to pay something EXTRA?
    03-29-08 06:11 PM
    jivetalk is great, i had aim and jivetalk and the jivetalk is the real deal
    04-02-08 11:24 PM
    if you use the ABOVE link to download AIM:

as long as your have the data plan; will AIM be free? or will you have to pay something EXTRA?
    it's free as long as you have unlimited data and texts
    04-02-08 11:25 PM
    it's free as long as you have unlimited data and texts
    why would you need both? it counts as one or the other right?... can we decipher which for each carrier? specifically, can someone tell me whether or not AIM downloaded straight to your phone counts as data or a message each way?

thanks
    04-24-08 08:28 PM
    The RIM AIM client is not supported by AT&T so download is not possible without some work arounds, but really just suck up the cost and get JiveTalk it has all your IM's in one pack, no worries about "extra" charges as it uses data which is incl. with your plan anyways.
    04-24-08 08:31 PM
    be careful... the aim that comes with the curve uses SMS..and if u dont have unlimited text... u will be charged....if u have data... its best to go with jivetalk but u have to pay a one time fee.
    04-24-08 09:19 PM
    why would you need both? it counts as one or the other right?... can we decipher which for each carrier? specifically, can someone tell me whether or not AIM downloaded straight to your phone counts as data or a message each way?

thanks

Because the OZ Messenger uses both. Data to connect (not much) and text to send and receive messages.
    04-24-08 09:56 PM
    Could someone post the work-around to get aim on a blackberry? (AT&T that is) I would rather not dish out cash for jive as i only use gtalk and aim for IMs.
    04-24-08 10:09 PM
    I think if you're at the MediaNet homepage & go under Messaging it should be there. I think it's called OZ Messenger or something like that.. that's what I used to use before JiveTalk. I used to have a lot of problems with OZ, my connection is perfect with JiveTalk.
    04-24-08 10:36 PM
    Could someone post the work-around to get aim on a blackberry? (AT&T that is) I would rather not dish out cash for jive as i only use gtalk and aim for IMs.

you can use webmessenger... or you can use EQO found here EQO / free download
    04-24-08 10:56 PM
    Sorry to hijack... Anyone using OZ Messenger on an 8320? I can't seem to get it because I am using the 8320. I was able to download it on my 8310 though.
    04-24-08 11:02 PM
    You can download Ramble IM and use it for free on your Blackberry. It's working just fine on my 8310 and uses data only, so if you have unlimited data (no worries about texts), go to:

Ramble® Instant Messenger � About Ramble�

and then download it. As far as I'm aware, it will work on any Blackberry. It's working great for me so far! I did have a problem with away message feature though and also with viewing people's info (can't). However, for the cost (nothing), it works great and is quite quick.

It has my recommendation. Good luck...
    04-25-08 10:42 PM
    I'm using Webmessenger for all of my IM needs, it's free, setup was a breeze and I've had no problems at all with it.
    04-28-08 12:23 PM
    Using AIM on my blackberry right now but notice that it does not load the full buddy list..more than half of my buddies don't show up..but when i was on my sidekick lx..all of them showed up...does anyone else have this issue. thanks!
    06-03-08 09:30 AM
    I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything, but when trying to download aim using the link provided in one of the earlier posts (blackberry website) I get this error "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messender for Blackberry."

Any suggestions? I can't seem to get applications to connect to the internet (using T-Zones), so I just wanted the one that goes through your text messages.

Also - to the poster above me, I think that's how it is for most mobile phones. I know with a Samsung I used before the most I could get was 30 buddies. The Sidekick may use a different AIM client, which is why it can get all of them.
    03-28-09 01:01 PM
    Using AIM on my blackberry right now but notice that it does not load the full buddy list..more than half of my buddies don't show up..but when i was on my sidekick lx..all of them showed up...does anyone else have this issue. thanks!
    for me it just takes a few minutes for my full buddy list to load....all my buddies that are online show up within about 3 minutes or so
    03-28-09 01:21 PM
    The reason is the aim you're using most likely has a limit on the buddies you can load up. I used to have the vzw aim and I got rid of it because it only was able to load 20 buddies that I had to go on aim on my computer and select who I wanted to add. It sucked, no way around it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 01:35 PM
    Do u have the website 4 webmessenger? Does it let u change ur icon pic? Nd can u delete and block ppl? I had all these other aim apps like beejive, fuze, parilingo, instantg, the regular one ur phone comes with, jivetalk, jus pretty much all of thm I've tried. Bt none r like the aim app on the sidekick and thatz wat I want and love. Can any1 help?

I'm using Webmessenger for all of my IM needs, it's free, setup was a breeze and I've had no problems at all with it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 04:39 PM
    IM+ Lite (free) will connect to AIM.
    Trillian Beta is also (currently free) available.
    Palringo also connects to AIM (and has a free version).
    There is also eBuddy, and a few other multi-IM apps out there.

Paid apps include the full version of IM+ and Jivetalk.
    08-22-10 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD