"The American consumer has voted with his wallet". Nice quote.

If RIM ever got a wake up call, the specs on the slider showed they hit the snooze button and went back to sleep..... While android is out doing business.

http://bit.ly/8XGvIF

Or

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/04/npd-android-is-now-top-selling-os-in-americansmartphones/

How far up the bow did the water creep on the Titanic before it was obvious to everybody they were going under?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 08-04-10 at 10:55 AM.
    08-04-10 10:53 AM
    Honestly, who gives a sh!t? Get what device you like best and get on with your life...
    08-04-10 10:55 AM
    Honestly, who gives a sh!t? Get what device you like best and get on with your life...
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    08-04-10 11:06 AM
    +1
    Really, how does all this Trolling and RIM bashing make this a better site?
    Where are all the mods? Do they really give a isht anyway?
    And don't give me the crap about "we don't want to be to heavy handed"
    Looke at this site! Does it look like an inviting place for BB enthusiats to come and discuss BBs? No, it looks like a place for Android/Apple fanboys to come bash on RIM.
    08-04-10 01:11 PM
    Just another product for consumers to buy. Like Ford, GM, Chrysler
    08-04-10 01:13 PM
    Posted Many times now

Please see the Android forum.

on a side note I do hope that 2011 brings LTE / 4G phones from RIM with competitive specs, so this trend doesn't continue, of the 14.7million devices shipped in Q2 2010, Android devices made up 1.9% more than RIM devices. Well done Android! Keep up the pace.
    08-04-10 01:35 PM
    "The American consumer has voted with his wallet". Nice quote.

If RIM ever got a wake up call, the specs on the slider showed they hit the snooze button and went back to sleep..... While android is out doing business.

NPD: Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones -- Engadget

Or

Engadget

How far up the bow did the water creep on the Titanic before it was obvious to everybody they were going under?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Whats worse for RIM is this only has the beginning sales of the Evo 4G, and not including high profile sales from the Droid X or iPhone 4 or Samsung Galaxy S variations.

This is the slide everyone and their grandma predicted for RIM. RIM's answer? The 9800....lololol

Oblivious are users who dont equate dwindling marketshare = dwindling developer support.

Now, let the butthurt flow
    08-04-10 01:41 PM
    I have a feeling that Android devices are just a fad. They are the Playstation or XBox to Nintendo. Nintendo struggle with the competition at first, but then they did what the do best, sell quality devices.

RIM is the same way. They don't waste their time and energy in a battle that they can't win. They are going for the business user and the casual Smartphone user. Both my parents use BlackBerrys. Do you think they have ever even heard of Android phones? I bet not. When they finally do, do you think they would ever be able to use one? **** no.

RIM Keeps it simple and functional. That usually wins out in the long run.
    08-04-10 01:47 PM
    I have a feeling that Android devices are just a fad. They are the Playstation or XBox to Nintendo. Nintendo struggle with the competition at first, but then they did what the do best, sell quality devices.

RIM is the same way. They don't waste their time and energy in a battle that they can't win. They are going for the business user and the casual Smartphone user. Both my parents use BlackBerrys. Do you think they have ever even heard of Android phones? I bet not. When they finally do, do you think they would ever be able to use one? **** no.

Yep. I agree.
    08-04-10 01:59 PM

I agree partially. I wouldn't say Android is a fad, it's actually a very useful and powerful device. By your proxy the iPhone should be a fad too, although I don't see either device going anywhere for a while. The market is merely becoming more competitive, with Microsoft due to release their WinMo7 OS and HP doing who knows what with WebOS.

The rest I agree with, RIM does keep it simple. Problem is, their ads are going after younger folks as they drive to become a legit consumer player. In the days of high res screens and 1 GHz processors, it's just the price of admission. I think the OS is where it needs to be, competitive, innovative, yet retains what people love about the BBOS while improving on the cons however, their hardware will have to step it up a notch.

Sure companies buy boat loads of these things, but they tend to go for cheaper models and they tend to keep them for several years before upgrading.

I personally wouldn't care TOO much about the trend of folks buying up Android devices, it's a popular device and they got what? 2-3 devices coming out each month across various carriers? Of course it's going to gobble up marketshare.
    08-04-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD