Unfortunayly, thats just the way it is on CB. I refer to it as the "human condition" People are anonymous and their true character is exposed.
    01-15-13 10:28 AM
    What the op is describing isnt banter at all, it is the lack of human respect that is happening here.
    That pretty much describes the whole Internet...
    01-15-13 10:29 AM
    If the response I get from a fan site of a product is the reason for me to bypass said product, then it says more about me than about them. People are too easily offended these days. Need a bit more steel in the backbone and bit more fibre to the diet. Not enough gravitas
    01-15-13 10:33 AM
    If the response I get from a fan site of a product is the reason for me to bypass said product, then it says more about me than about them. People are too easily offended these days. Need a bit more steel in the backbone and bit more fibre to the diet. Not enough gravitas
    I think theres a slight difference.
    If you head to an Android or iOS fansite to ask questions about how to get things done, or get a particular app, you may get snarky responses, but youll also get helpful ones, maybe alternative app suggestions.
    Similar q on Crackberry leads to answers like 'Why do you want x app? Its for idiots'
    Not particularly helpful for noobs, or anyone
    01-15-13 10:42 AM
    Always use the search feature of the forum which usually leads you to the threads that will answer most questions or provide a jumping-off point if you need additional information. Beware the cheerleaders are as biased as the trolls; it is best to tow the party line.
    01-15-13 10:42 AM
    It was me that shot them down. I am the one you are attempting to crucify. Not going to work.

If the person is just fine and dandy to create a multiple post on the same topic AGAIN than why is it the mods delete duplicate threads. The day this doesn't happen is when its ok not to use the search function. Its not like crackberry is the only forum with a search, and a quick check on it, or even on google would have revealed countless threads about the issue.
    peter9477 and vespajet like this.
    01-15-13 10:54 AM
    Can't we all just get along here folks?

LOOK... this is the most exciting time in BlackBerry history... EVER!

There's going to be longtime members who've been around since the earlier years, and there's going to be new members coming here for the first time.

I want everybody treated friendly and fairly here.

It's a return to the good 'ole days of CrackBerry. Lots to be excited about. Check the attitude at the door before you login. Once you're here... give into the CrackBerry happiness.

Ok?
    01-15-13 11:08 AM
    Several posts have mentioned "respect" (and as Masahiro wisely points out, it's a trait sorely lacking throughout much of the internet).

The problem is that some newcomers don't show respect for the people of whom they are asking questions, when they don't take the time to check at least the recent topics. If you're expecting all these other people to answer your specific question, in the new thread you lazily created because you couldn't take a moment to just view the latest threads or use "search", then you're not showing them any respect even as you start typing your question. Their time is valuable to them, and yet they donate it here by volunteering to respond to thousands of posts, trying to help others learn, entertaining them, and helping build a community. Show respect by acknowledging your mistake and apologizing, learning quickly, and becoming part of the community.

The problem is that some existing community members don't show respect for the newcomers who come in here asking said questions. Even if somebody starts off on the wrong foot, if you pretend you've never been in the same situation yourself, never forgot to search, or never used a bad query and didn't come up with useful answers, then you're not showing them any respect even as you start typing your "flame" in response. They may have something useful to contribute, and they've probably come here with a genuine need for help and a desire to learn, even if they made a minor mistake by starting out the wrong way. Show respect by taking the time to reprimand gently instead, educate them with useful links to the forum tutorials and guidelines, helping them join the community.

(There are trolls, mind you, and they show no respect to anyone, and deserve none. They also deserve no response, other than a report to the moderators, who can quietly remove them so they don't disrupt the community. Every time you respond to a troll, you're disrespecting the rest of the community who would rather see the troll's thread die and drop off the list of recent threads, and not have to see whether you responded because there was something worthwhile in that thread. Don't respond to trolls!)
    01-15-13 11:25 AM
    I think peter9477 just about wrapped this thread up.
    01-15-13 11:34 AM
    Can't we all just get along here folks?
    Ok?
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you can't make me!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait.....nevermind.....
    peter9477, john_v, jakie55 and 1 others like this.
    01-15-13 11:55 AM
    Qbnkelt is the rudest person ever!
    01-15-13 11:59 AM
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And with that said can we let this die. If everyone takes one minute to think before they flame it will work out!

Oh and get me BB10 now and no one gets hurt
    01-15-13 12:13 PM
    Before this thread gets snuffed, I'd just like to throw in my two cents. We're all supposed to be here to share ideas and information about our Blackberry's, and for the more experienced users to help the lesser-experienced users with questions and problems. Too often that last minor detail gets lost by some people in their need for a sense of self-importance. Every once in awhile we need to remind ourslves (or be reminded) that CB isn't just here for me or you, it's here for everybody.
    Wiltunscir and bungaboy like this.
    01-15-13 01:14 PM
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now you just sit down and keep quiet. And for God's sake take off those pants.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-15-13 01:16 PM
    I dont think this is at all about growing thicker skin, rude is rude and should not be tollerated. What the op is describing isnt banter at all, it is the lack of human respect that is happening here.
    That comes across as a little precious to me, and I don't mean that as an insult, just as an observation that the interweb has always been like this, and probably will continue to be just the same for a long time to come. This place is very polite compared to many, if not most, other sites. Someone getting offended in here probably has a pretty fragile on-line persona, or is looking to be offended. This is the internet where no verbal or non-verbal clues are available, and without those you can find fault in pretty much anything anyone writes. I choose to take a default position of "...most likely that was robust banter..." rather than automatically take offence, otherwise I'd spend most of my time angry and life is just too short. Looking at a few more posts from that particular person will soon tell me if I'm wrong

And if someone wants to be an utter c0ck, well I can just give them a stiff ignoring. It won't change the price of fish and if I think someone is a massive pr1ck, I can pretty much guarantee most others will feel the same.
    01-15-13 01:27 PM
    Before this thread gets snuffed, I'd just like to throw in my two cents. We're all supposed to be here to share ideas and information about our Blackberry's, and for the more experienced users to help the lesser-experienced users with questions and problems. Too often that last minor detail gets lost by some people in their need for a sense of self-importance. Every once in awhile we need to remind ourslves (or be reminded) that CB isn't just here for me or you, it's here for everybody.
    HUZZAHHHHH!!!!

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-15-13 01:36 PM
    It's the same in all situations. When some people get cut off on the road they just shake their head. Others will flip you the bird. This is because some just don't want to get along.
    whitbags likes this.
    01-15-13 01:39 PM
    It's the same in all situations. When some people get cut off on the road they just shake their head. Others will flip you the bird. This is because some just don't want to get along.
    People shouldn't be cutting others off
    whitbags likes this.
    01-15-13 01:42 PM
    That comes across as a little precious to me, and I don't mean that as an insult, just as an observation that the interweb has always been like this, and probably will continue to be just the same for a long time to come. This place is very polite compared to many, if not most, other sites. Someone getting offended in here probably has a pretty fragile on-line persona, or is looking to be offended. This is the internet where no verbal or non-verbal clues are available, and without those you can find fault in pretty much anything anyone writes. I choose to take a default position of "...most likely that was robust banter..." rather than automatically take offence, otherwise I'd spend most of my time angry and life is just too short. Looking at a few more posts from that particular person will soon tell me if I'm wrong

And if someone wants to be an utter c0ck, well I can just give them a stiff ignoring. It won't change the price of fish and if I think someone is a massive pr1ck, I can pretty much guarantee most others will feel the same.
    I didnt take offense,I am someone with thick skin. When somone is rude I usually just ignore them. It just seems there is alot more on this board lately. So calling them out every now and then is a good thing for the board and for the moderators to see.
    whitbags likes this.
    01-15-13 01:43 PM
    @OP
    I understand your point. Although it's not necessary, it happens. What you want to do is resist(....and it can be hard) the temptation to cyber smack the ish out of someone that has the reputation of not only rubbing the sticks together, but, then pouring lighter fluid on the thread to keep ppl at odds. Just hit the box. Words are just that......until someone makes it a point to go above and beyond(past the point of a debate) just to prove a point.......when most could care less.
    sent from my sexy PlayBook using Tapatalk2 (*_~)
    rottonj and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-15-13 01:47 PM
    So take the high road rather than trash them. When did being the better man (or women) become wrong?
    Please describe this "high road" of which you speak?

is it
    1) answer the answered-many-if-not-dozens-of-times-question, again?
    2) 1, PLUS "advice to the noob", politely worded
    3) ignore
    4) just "advice to the noob", politely worded
    5) insult

I'm sure it's not 3 or 5.

I opt out of 1, and therefore, 2.

I prefer 4, which gives them the gentle nudge in the right direction, but doesn't spoon feed them. Soon enough, they'll be searchin' like a pro and they'll be well on their way to contributionhood.
    01-15-13 01:47 PM
    I have to agree to a certain extent but the site has 2+ million subscribers and it�s a public forum where everyone and anyone can join and post opinions. You can�t control everyone. For the most part, people here are nice and considerate.

As for someone being put off on a brand. I would find it hard to believe that someone would punish a brand because someone on a public forum offended them. Crackberry does not represent RIM. I see your point though.
    Actually, you'll see a lot of people hate apple because of the way "apple people" act.
    01-15-13 01:49 PM
    Please describe this "high road" of which you speak?

is it
    1) answer the answered-many-if-not-dozens-of-times-question, again?
    2) 1, PLUS "advice to the noob", politely worded
    3) ignore
    4) just "advice to the noob", politely worded
    5) insult

I'm sure it's not 3 or 5.

I opt out of 1, and therefore, 2.
    You don't even have to search anymore. Even if you did no one can plead that they didn't know that. The search box is larger then the create new thread button. When you create a thread they show you all of the similar ones and you can click on them. I think a few agree, this is from a non- duplicate thread specific post:
    Attached Thumbnails Aggression on crackberry putting off potential new blackberry users-thanked.jpg  
    whitbags likes this.
    01-15-13 01:51 PM
    You don't even have to search anymore. Even if you did no one can plead that they didn't know that. The search box is larger then the create new thread button. When you create a thread they show you all of the similar ones and you can click on them. I think a few agree, this is from a non- duplicate thread specific post:
    Yes, that is true, and very helpful it is too.
    01-15-13 02:06 PM
    So this place is colder than the Droid and the other Fruit area? That's rich.....
    01-15-13 02:20 PM
201 1234 ...