Ok, so i was in the Apple Store and one of the things i tried out was if i could connect to the internet using my Blackberry's dataplan instead of the iPad's Wifi connection.
    I was able to connect my BB with the iPad over BT and on accessing the internet the iPad asked me for my APM etc. So i know the iPad can be conected to the BB over BT.
    Now i am at home with my own iPad and when i connect my iPad with my BB over BT the connection dies after a few seconds.
    Who can help me troubleshooting this BT connection?

Ah, and two things:
    a) I am not trying to share the Blackberry's Wifi connection. I'm trying to share the EDGE data connection.
    b) I'm extremely happy with my iPad so iPad/Apple bashers won't change my mind and will be ignored.

Have fun!

Ton.
    05-02-10 12:20 PM
    Ok, so i was in the Apple Store and one of the things i tried out was if i could connect to the internet using my Blackberry's dataplan instead of the iPad's Wifi connection.
    I was able to connect my BB with the iPad over BT and on accessing the internet the iPad asked me for my APM etc. So i know the iPad can be conected to the BB over BT.
    Now i am at home with my own iPad and when i connect my iPad with my BB over BT the connection dies after a few seconds.
    Who can help me troubleshooting this BT connection?

Ah, and two things:
    a) I am not trying to share the Blackberry's Wifi connection. I'm trying to share the EDGE data connection.
    b) I'm extremely happy with my iPad so iPad/Apple bashers won't change my mind and will be ignored.

Have fun!

Ton.
    Hello, did you find a way to make your blackberry work with the Ipad. I have a blackberry 8900 and will be buying an Ipad. I am debating if I should get the Ipad with the AT&T plan, or the Verizon Mifi plan or use my Blackberry wifi tethering like you.

Thanks,

Al
    05-19-10 09:17 AM
    Hi!

Has anyone found a solution for tethering the Blackberry Tour to the Apple Ipad via bluetooth or Wifi?

Thanks!
    Dave Krause
    05-25-10 02:57 PM
    Hi!

Has anyone found a solution for tethering the Blackberry Tour to the Apple Ipad via bluetooth or Wifi?

Thanks!
    Dave Krause
    I too would love to have a solution for this same configuration. My Tour will not even connect to my Ipad for some reason via BT
    06-01-10 04:41 PM
    I have a BB 8520 how can I use it as a router for my IPAD?
    06-02-10 07:06 PM
    It definitely is possible.

Check here for details: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fi...fi-ftw-475732/

Just so you know, you do have to jailbreak the iPad, install iBluever on the iPad, install PDAnet on the BB and that's it.

I haven't ever jail broke an Apple device before and I did so easily...just make sure you Google info on how to do it.

The speed is about half that of 3G though so don't expect to be streaming much media.
    06-07-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD