I have been a Blackberry User since 2002, I have always had something to complain about, either:

Software - crashes, spinning clock, memory bleed, ****ty browser.
    Hardware - No Front Camera, no hdmi, no GPS.
    Company Moves - Never meeting deadlines, making promises that never panned out, leaving hardware and software advances intentionally out though resources were there to implement them.

Now with this latest quarter, those days are now over. John Chen really is the man this company needed 4 years ago. I finally feel like Blackberry is simply a company of merit and forward progression. Yes there was a loss here, (you would have to live in a cave if you thought otherwise), but finally the stars have aligned to make things bright again for this most useful of tools we all use. why am I so happy? Here's why:

Blackberry is now a company with a seriously solid foundation, it has shrunk down to the point where it can operate within its means, it has done the near impossible like create the most glorious OS on the planet without bankrupting itself, this means all the bulk of the hard work is done, they can now focus resources to other areas. Hardware, the Q10 and Z30 are near perfect, we just need a powerhouse flagship that exceeds the competition just one cycle and a slider based on a slightly bigger Q10, then we have hardware bliss. The updates have been awesome and just as important TIMELY!!! With BB10 there really seems to be no limit, it just works so F*****G good all the time.

The outlay seems this, Blackberry has gone through the hard times and the media bias nonsense, yes we lost a few tens of millions this last quarter, but the foundation is new and strong, it really is, now just let corporations and consumers know it, because I am sure that like me and my friends, once people and companies use BB10, there is no turning back.
    vanrickman likes this.
    03-28-14 10:08 AM
    I'm guardedly optimistic. We'll see.
    gebco, LazyEvul and jakie55 like this.
    03-28-14 10:10 AM
    Time will tell, but if they stick with just developing purely physical keyboard phones in the future which seems to be what Mr Chen is implying then I'm out I am afraid. My Z10 and I will be walking off into the sunset.

Z10 In action here!
    03-28-14 10:14 AM
    Time will tell, but if they stick with just developing purely physical keyboard phones in the future which seems to be what Mr Chen is implying then I'm out I am afraid. My Z10 and I will be walking off into the sunset.

Z10 In action here!
    They can't make a low-cost all touch Z3 entry-level "hook" and then not provide an upgrade path to high end all-touch device. Doesn't make sense, as you potentially make current BBOS keyboard users realize they can live without a physical keyboard after all... and then what? just serve them up to Apple/Android/Windows?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:24 AM

Z10 In action here!
    I don't see that happening, though Z10 may go by the wayside, it looks like a Z3, Z30 and Z50 type of world on the slab front.
    03-28-14 10:25 AM
    There was an article on CB this week dealing with information on future models, both keyboard and touch, that were hinted at in the latest 10.3 leak.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:40 AM
    Just got a z30 sta 100-5 from Canada on ebay. Works wonderfully on t-mobile and all I can say is I'm in love with it. All that deeply troubles me, as someone who's been with blackberry since 2008 is why is it so freaking hard to get this particular device especially in the US...? The vast majority of people buy devices on an impulse and in store, I have seen it happen countess times. Also most of these devices are financed a much better option than paying 550-600$ cash at once. The only reason why I was able to get one is because i qualified for PayPal's bill me later. So why aren't they doing more for these devices to sell in the US? Why do they have to take the apathy of these providers particularly the gsm giants... I still remember the days when the storm and BBM would be announced daily on cable TV. Same strategy seems at play with all the galaxy and iPhone crap out there. I am also optimistic at this smaller than expected loss, but I won't be calm as a share owner until we start seeing once more net profit.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 12:38 PM
    I like your post op....

I'm with you in those regards

? Slicing using my ?
    03-28-14 06:27 PM
    I'm reserving judgement to see where he lands at the end of this year. If he turns them to break even, awesome. If he makes them grow next year, better.

One thing I noted today on the earning's call: I tended to find him hard to follow. On one hand, it's refreshing that he's not doing some kind of spin. But he jumps around a lot and can be difficult to get all of his points. Jim B was bad for that.

What I do like is that he doesn't have Jim's B's crazy exaggerations ("We're working on something mindblowing - here's the Torch!"), he doesn't sugar coat things and he not only calls it as he sees it, but he says what he's done about it or going to do about it.

Still, I think anyone who thinks this won't take him 6 or more quarters to clean up is fooling themselves. As experienced as he is, he's got a lot of rocks to move.
    03-28-14 06:29 PM
    The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time!
    03-28-14 06:31 PM
    Well, the bottom line is that in the previous years there was an endless litany of complaints even from hardcore BB fans regarding the software and hardware, but for the first time there really no problems or disadvantages with either. They just need to let people know!!! This is the final piece of the puzzle Chen really needs to get right.
    03-28-14 07:45 PM
    I have been a Blackberry User since 2002, I have always had something to complain about, either:

Software - crashes, spinning clock, memory bleed, ****ty browser.
    Hardware - No Front Camera, no hdmi, no GPS.
    Company Moves - Never meeting deadlines, making promises that never panned out, leaving hardware and software advances intentionally out though resources were there to implement them.

Now with this latest quarter, those days are now over. John Chen really is the man this company needed 4 years ago. I finally feel like Blackberry is simply a company of merit and forward progression. Yes there was a loss here, (you would have to live in a cave if you thought otherwise), but finally the stars have aligned to make things bright again for this most useful of tools we all use. why am I so happy? Here's why:

Blackberry is now a company with a seriously solid foundation, it has shrunk down to the point where it can operate within its means, it has done the near impossible like create the most glorious OS on the planet without bankrupting itself, this means all the bulk of the hard work is done, they can now focus resources to other areas. Hardware, the Q10 and Z30 are near perfect, we just need a powerhouse flagship that exceeds the competition just one cycle and a slider based on a slightly bigger Q10, then we have hardware bliss. The updates have been awesome and just as important TIMELY!!! With BB10 there really seems to be no limit, it just works so F*****G good all the time.

The outlay seems this, Blackberry has gone through the hard times and the media bias nonsense, yes we lost a few tens of millions this last quarter, but the foundation is new and strong, it really is, now just let corporations and consumers know it, because I am sure that like me and my friends, once people and companies use BB10, there is no turning back.
    Just a question... If you've been unhappy with previous devices and always had complaints, why did you stick with them for 11 years before BlackBerry 10 came out? I just... Can't understand...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:23 AM
    Just a question... If you've been unhappy with previous devices and always had complaints, why did you stick with them for 11 years before BlackBerry 10 came out? I just... Can't understand...

Posted via CB10
    There is something about BlackBerry that is addictive. Can't explain it. Made Chen should research and bottle that feeling up for sale. And I was a hard core Apple user prior to my first Curve.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-29-14 10:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    When at first there was zero competition, so when one curve offered GPS but you had to get another model if you wanted WIFI but without GPS, there was zero competition, no IOS no Android, you had to live with what you had.

Blackberry was the only one giving you mobile messaging, email, music and document reading. When the competition came along, Blackberry had made enough incremental improvements to keep me content, not happy though. But when faced with what the communication efficiency, ease of use and speed which BB performed, the competition paled in that respect. They competition were quite **** in that department, they were however great in browsing and video media, which was not my priority but would be nice to have. So I stuck it out, and to current day, the Blackberry remains supreme in communication but now is also an equal if not better in media performance. That for once makes me happy not just content.
    03-29-14 11:44 AM

Z10 In action here!
    I'm happy that it seems that BlackBerry is on the right path but I like touchscreen. The all keyboard plan is going to kill me. Hope for me that there's another touchscreen in the plans.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Meh... I'm like that too. There are things I like and dislike on all devices I have

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:53 AM
    I'm happy that it seems that BlackBerry is on the right path but I like touchscreen. The all keyboard plan is going to kill me. Hope for me that there's another touchscreen in the plans.

Posted via CB10
    It's not all keyboard. They're launching the Z3 to complement the Z10 and Z30

Focusing on keyboards does not mean they aren't also working on touch screens

It's all or nothing with some people

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:55 AM
    After years of failure, I am finally confident BlackBerry will succeed sooner than later. BlackBerry have a solid customer base and clear path.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:10 PM
    They make good revenue still. How many companies have a revenue of 1 billion approx. The problem is they spend more than they make showing a "no future scenario". BlackBerry needs to chop spending more and show a profit! That will be the best advertising they can imagine. Every blog, newspaper, tv station on the planet will talk them up.......bang the future is bright, sales skyrocket, carriers want back on board. Chen must produce that quarter, and he knows it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:23 PM
    I'm optimistic but it lessens everyday. They are burning through cause still, only selling a million BB10 devices a year, BBM growth seems to have stalled for now....

Honestly, as much as I love my Z10, I'm just not convinced that any device they release at this point is going to make people care at this point. Especially in tge U.S. Their brand image is just that bad here. Hopefully they have some ace up their sleeves. I've heard of some good things coming later this year and I hope it's true

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:27 PM
    BlackBerry will succed.
    03-29-14 12:32 PM
    BlackBerry will succed.
    yesss!!! :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    03-29-14 12:58 PM
    I'm optimistic but it lessens everyday. They are burning through cause still, only selling a million BB10 devices a year, BBM growth seems to have stalled for now....

Honestly, as much as I love my Z10, I'm just not convinced that any device they release at this point is going to make people care at this point. Especially in tge U.S. Their brand image is just that bad here. Hopefully they have some ace up their sleeves. I've heard of some good things coming later this year and I hope it's true

Posted via CB10
    I am more optimistic than ever, that last quarterly report is clear, they have reversed the 2 year tide of spending fortunes developing and refining a new OS while trying to make devices that work with it, all the while losing customers. Now that they got the "expensive s**t" out of the way, with cash in hand (which is very rare for a company with that many years of turmoil) they can focus on the stuff that makes people happy, 2 new devices a year and timely updates with improved functionality. Oh, and hopefully guerrilla advertising that shows what it can do, that is must!!
    03-29-14 03:36 PM