I can see why people want the belt back. Out of habit from my old bold when I'm done in an app, I tap the screen looking for the end button to close it. I also found my self scrolling a track pad that wasn't there hahaha.

Strictly out of habit tho, I have adjusted but it kinda made me miss the buttons. I think the BlackBerry classic will be a huge hit for BlackBerry. Good luck, I'll buy one for sure
    03-12-14 04:09 PM
    I don't. I know that a swipe up from while in an app will send me to the home screen. What I do miss is the "playbook-like" close app gesture.

But well, those wanting the "belt" back BETTER upgrade to the Classic later this year. I mean BETTER as OUGHT TO. They moaned about it and BlackBerry will be wasting resourses retrofitting BB10 to work with that. So they better buy the phones.
    03-12-14 04:20 PM
    I hope the belt does create good sales numbers. But I have a feeling it won't make a difference.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    03-12-14 08:38 PM
    The tool belt will give people another option and perhaps convince those still using a legacy device to convert to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-12-14 09:27 PM
    It might help somewhat. One of my friends was a loyal BlackBerry user for many years. (legacy). Then she bought the Q10 as soon as it came out. She HATES it! Every time I talk to her she says she can't use it. I try to tell her how easy it is, but she has given up. Today I told her about the possible Q20 with the belt. She immediately said "if that comes out, I'm in"!!!!
    Although I am now very used to my Q10, and love it, I sometimes get frustrated when I try to correct a word and I can't get the cursor to the correct spot. Or it highlights the whole word instead of giving me the choice to add to dictionary.
    I also would not mind a button to tap to answer the phone. The swipe is unique, but it has caused me to miss calls if I don't swipe correctly the first time.
    I would love to try the Q20 when it comes out, but I'm sure I won't be able to find one to play with in a store!!!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    03-12-14 09:32 PM
    I can see why people want the belt back. Out of habit from my old bold when I'm done in an app, I tap the screen looking for the end button to close it. I also found my self scrolling a track pad that wasn't there hahaha.

Strictly out of habit tho, I have adjusted but it kinda made me miss the buttons. I think the BlackBerry classic will be a huge hit for BlackBerry. Good luck, I'll buy one for sure
    I'm sure by the time you purchase a Q20, the belt will feel foreign to you.
    All I care about is that the Q20 sells like crazy. I'll never use anything but touch now, but it definitely has to do well for BlackBerry to make the case for continuing making devices.

Powered by BlackBerry
    03-12-14 09:40 PM
    If they bring back the belt. Well I guess u say when. They should just have the track pad and call and hang up. The menu and back are redundant and I think hurt the BlackBerry experience

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:46 PM
    I'm wondering whether the Q20, even with the belt, would attract BBOS users. Sure, the belt will be familiar, but the rest of the interface will be foreign. It seems like these particular users just want the exact same phone, but with upgraded hardware (processor, memory, camera, etc.).
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-12-14 09:48 PM
    I disagree I think the belt is going to be awesome. I live the swipes but I like having a back or home button too.

I'm fine with just the swipes but android, and iOS both have home buttons and BlackBerry always did too. I think it just makes it looks sleek and sexy.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy white Q10.
    03-12-14 10:03 PM
    I think the Q20 "BlackBerry Classic" will give every cell BlackBerry customer what they want and zero reason to complain. Full touch. Qwerty keyboard and one with the belt. Sounds like a win too me. I really think this will push BlackBerry over the top with the legacy users and overall
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-13-14 12:57 AM
    I think the Q20 "BlackBerry Classic" will give every cell BlackBerry customer what they want and zero reason to complain. Full touch. Qwerty keyboard and one with the belt. Sounds like a win too me. I really think this will push BlackBerry over the top with the legacy users and overall
    The Classic offers the original BlackBerry experience with the enhanced OS10 experience. The Bold 9900 was the darling of so many and I am hoping the Q20 will bring that feeling back. I had bought two Q10s and just did not enjoy the experience as much.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    velkod likes this.
    03-13-14 07:45 AM
    The tool belt will give people another option and perhaps convince those still using a legacy device to convert to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    I hope the two of you are right. Because, on itself, it is a bad move.
    03-13-14 08:17 AM
    I have owned two Torches and had a problem with the track pad on both.

I switched the Z10; I just got a Q10 and am liking it.

The track pad is great when it works.
    03-13-14 09:49 AM
    I'm wondering whether the Q20, even with the belt, would attract BBOS users. Sure, the belt will be familiar, but the rest of the interface will be foreign. It seems like these particular users just want the exact same phone, but with upgraded hardware (processor, memory, camera, etc.).
    Exactly, for my part I mostly want a better browser like the one in BB10. But I refuse to resort to using a touch navigation phone to get it.

If they can make the Q20 so you navigate with the trackpad and buttons, then it's sold.
    03-13-14 09:51 AM
    Well, the people who voice their displeasure with all that is BlackBerry touch, Chen seems like a man who listens. All he had to do is spend an afternoon on here and he should know exactly what to do. Ppl give step by step instructions on how to make it better lol. It's a step back kinda but with the classic title it's more of a throw back and retro release so, not damaging if you think about it. Specially with new touch devices coming out too
    neoberry99 likes this.
    03-13-14 12:21 PM
    I have been using my Q10 since January and I absolutely do not miss the belt.

All those who clamored for it should be beating down the door on launch day.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    aha likes this.
    03-13-14 12:38 PM
    The exact same phone as my 9650. I don't even need the touch interface of the 9930. It should have battery life comparable to the 9650 (or the Q10 if that is in fact better), and the updated hardware should provide a better browsing experience and video calling capabilities. It should have Skype and BIS!

Exactly, for my part I mostly want a better browser like the one in BB10. But I refuse to resort to using a touch navigation phone to get it.

If they can make the Q20 so you navigate with the trackpad and buttons, then it's sold.
    I never saw the appeal of any touch screen phone.
    03-13-14 12:52 PM
    The exact same phone as my 9650. I don't even need the touch interface of the 9930. It should have battery life comparable to the 9650 (or the Q10 if that is in fact better), and the updated hardware should provide a better browsing experience and video calling capabilities. It should have Skype and BIS!

I never saw the appeal of any touch screen phone.
    Not even for browsing?
    03-13-14 02:45 PM
    Not even for browsing?
    Yea, the whole touch screen thing is, in my view, totally unnecessary: a most irritating gimmick.
    03-13-14 07:49 PM
    There's a lot of talk about bbos users, and how easy it will be for them to transition to bb10 if there is a toolbelt for them.

The vast vast majority of bb10 users were bbos users and they didn't need a toolbelt.
    Are current bbos users really unable to learn something new?

Fair enough: I think the toolbelt will fade away. I just hope BlackBerry don't waste money in the meantime.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    03-13-14 08:25 PM
    Should a BBOS user be thrilled by a 3.1 inch device with no trackpad? Should the BBOS user be thrilled by BB10 all touch devices that were mid range in specs and flagship in price ?

Lots of reasons for BBOS owners to have not upgraded to BB10. A lack of smartphone aptitude is not one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    BitPusher2600, bbq10l and velkod like this.
    03-13-14 10:05 PM
    Yea, the whole touch screen thing is, in my view, totally unnecessary: a most irritating gimmick.
    Gimmick is having animals sell your product like Telus does. Touch screen is universal and good for phone and tablets. Don't confuse your opinion with facts
    03-13-14 10:57 PM
    But well, those wanting the "belt" back BETTER upgrade to the Classic later this year. I mean BETTER as OUGHT TO. They moaned about it and BlackBerry will be wasting resourses retrofitting BB10 to work with that. So they better buy the phones.
    Oh yeah you are totally correct. Them people moaning about the belt are almost obliged to buy a Q20. If the Q20 fails to make an impact, BlackBerry will be looking like a big fool with an identity crisis and like it also lost it legacy user database!

On the OP's feelings: it's funny that I am the complete opposite. I hardly miss those buttons, in fact, I think bringing the classic belt back is hardly the way to go UNLESS they manage to merge the trackpad with a hardware keyboard in a new and surprising way. I am not creative enough to come up with a mix, but I hope BlackBerry engineers can!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 04:34 AM
    I like having a kill button for phone calls. Just hit a button and boom, its over.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:38 AM
    I don't. I know that a swipe up from while in an app will send me to the home screen. What I do miss is the "playbook-like" close app gesture.

I have been using my Q10 since January and I absolutely do not miss the belt.

All those who clamored for it should be beating down the door on launch day.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    I totally agree. I'm very happy without the belt on my Q10 (long time curve then bold user) and I truly hope the new classic sells, otherwise it will be a major loss of resources. I believe they ran surveys and market research about these stuff before making such a decision, I mean, it shouldn't be just a guess or an opinion from Chen.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 06:02 AM
51 123