OK I think my device may be a refurb.

Can someone please confirm for me, whether or not you see a popup-like screen that says 'Enterprise Configuration'. The screen shows up almost immediately after reboot and after the carrier logo screen.

The screen doesnt stay on for long, so you should keep an eye out close to being fully rebooted back into the OS.

I also find something really wierd, because my 'memory cleaner' is locked. Howeer, I am on BIS and not BES and therefore there should be no IT policy in place preventing me from changing my own configs
    04-28-10 04:01 AM
    Yes I see this too. I have the torch and bought my phone brand new. I am suppose to be on bis not bes! very strange.
    09-21-10 11:30 PM
    My 8330 and the brand new 9630 and the refurb one all did that, and I was on BIS. I thought it was odd also and never figured out why it did that popup...
    09-22-10 05:24 AM
    i hope my phone isn't a refurb, when i bought it on the intentions that it was brand new.
    09-23-10 10:11 AM
    i hope my phone isn't a refurb, when i bought it on the intentions that it was brand new.
    If you bought it from one of the carriers as a new device it will be a new device. Every blackberry i have ever had has had this popup window and i know for a fact they were new. It appears to be simply a quirk in the software that they never saw fit to edit out.
    09-23-10 12:33 PM
    Yea, mine does that, too. Not sure why.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...n-mean-516433/

But I suspect something more sinister: government BES style spying.
    09-23-10 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD