Hi folks

first time here, so i hope I've posted this in the right place

I upgraded the OS in my 8330 curve to v4.5.0.77 (platform 3.2.0.51), carrier is Bell Mobility in Canada

However now i can't delete any entries in the calender. when i try to, it says its deleting, then organizing calender, but the entry never deletes, its still there.

Anyone else having this problem?

is it possible to downgrade back to the original OS (4.2 i think) as i need to delete calender entries.

thanks.
    11-26-08 10:03 AM
    Maybe not the same problem, but I had a similar one. I synch my Verizon BB Pearl with Google Calendar, and after I upgraded my OS it messed screwed up all my recurring appointments. It left them all on the calendar, but it took away their association. So if you wanted to delete all the occurances of an event, you had to delete them one by one. You could no longer delete all occurances. Never did figure it out, just had to spend some time cleaning things up...
    11-26-08 12:30 PM
    Well thats curious

I have since found out that it appears to only refuse to delete single instances of recurring appointments. It will delete one instance appointments, but thats it. It will also delete all instances of recurring appointments, but not a single instance of a recurring appointment.

a bit of a drag, but I can work around it i guess.

so far tho, i really don't see much point to upgrading to 4.5 unless there are things in here I'm not aware of yet.

in fact, i would like to downgrade back to 4.2, but I haven't been able to find out if this is possible yet.
    11-26-08 12:52 PM
    Good call on doing a backup prior to the device update.

Have you tried an Advanced Restore of just your Calender?

That should overwrite the current file, including all the problem entries.
    This reply was made in the Device Upgrade thread.

Your 8330 shipped with v4.3xx device software. It should still be available through Bell Mobility BlackBerry support site.

Rolling back is simple. Windows Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall. Remove the v4.5xx device software, install the v4.3xx software and start BlackBerry Desktop Manager / Applications Loader. You will be prompted to downgrade the software.
    11-26-08 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD