02-04-17 10:13 PM
472 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Priv for work and Passport and Q10 for myself.
    08-08-16 10:46 PM
    I'm now using a Samsung S7 and I'm generally impressed, minus the carrier garbage that can't be removed. Slowly moving around it. Love having Knox and using Meraki MDM for free. Multiple ways to wipe my phone or retrieve it. My Z10 is my backup, we traded in an old ickphone

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-16 11:01 PM
    I am using a Passport. The only person I know with one. I love my phone, just wish it didn't have that pesky problem of repeating letters when I type. Othetwise, I love the hub and I have all the apps I need and want on it. It has THE best battery life of any phone I have ever had and is incredibly dependable.
    08-08-16 11:31 PM
    I replaced my Q10 with an HTC desire 620. It's the sort of phone that gives Android a bad name. Slow, laggy, not supported by upgrades. Now I have a Moto X Style and it's amazing. The best computing device i have ever owned. Android has finally come into its own with Marshmallow, it's a slick UI, and the Moto is big, fast with a gorgeous huge display. It has replaced my laptop for all but graphic design work, it's that good. And now I get to have BB hub as well.

08-09-16 02:10 AM
    Retrenched to a Q10. My current activities have me checking email, doing limited browsing, and sending a lot of Text messages. This thing is a beast for that. Have a spare in the closet so I can swap sims and keep going without a hiccup. Have a Z10 in the closet for the wife when her current phone dies. The availability of home Internet and T-mobile as our primary is driving some of this.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 01:12 PM
    Passport for emails and Priv for the camera and apps.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Propelled by Marshmallow AAF960 on Etisalat 4G Network
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-09-16 01:24 PM
    LG G4 is my only phone.
    Had all the BBs and so sad they didn't make an all-touch after my Z30 or i woulda stayed.
    You didn't like the Leap?
    08-09-16 02:27 PM
    S7 Edge for now, at least until hell freezes over and Verizon updates my Priv to MM. It's fast and all, but it's very boring compared to the Priv.

08-09-16 10:11 PM
    I'm always bouncing around between different phones. But I always find myself returning to the z10. The size and the virtual keypad just brings me back. I wish there was a new BlackBerry device with premium written all over it using the same format factor.. bb10 or Android. At this point I could care less. I used android and BlackBerry a lot. I can do what I need with either. But love my BlackBerry devices for the feel

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    08-10-16 09:11 AM
    Still Z10, which I've now had for a longer than any phone before it. I've had it since launch and may have it for another 1-2 years, though I would also be happy with the new DTEK50 if I cared about 3rd party apps, which I don't.

I'm not anti-Andoid. In fact, with the new granular permissions in Marshmallow, I think it's maturing nicely. However, I'm not a fan of mobile apps in general, so I'm not in any hurry to jump to Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 03:34 PM
    Classic as main driver and Priv.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 09:08 PM
    Classic for work and iPhone 6S for play

Huron, Gemini, Storm, Bold, Z3, Z10, Q10, Passport, and now Classic
    08-11-16 12:45 AM
    I'm using my Passport until it dies. After that point I'll either go Sailfish or Ubuntu.
    Wow... excentric tastes

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 01:06 AM
    I am rocking my Q10. It is the best phone I ever had. Sold my 9900, Q5 and Classic

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 01:10 AM
    I'm using the classic now. It is probably the prettiest phone on the market. Been using it for about 45 days. I do miss the PPSE. After getting away from the SE for some time, you realize just how powerful the phone is. You also miss the ability to read on the SE. The flaw with the PP is the screen lift, and I have that fixed with a drop of super glue and a q-tip with nail Polish remover. The Classic build is perfection. The PPSE,, just as nice, but bigger, stronger, faster. I plan to rotate my stable. White PP, Classic, PPSE. All three are Beautiful. I can't let go...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 06:20 AM
    I am going to buy the dtek50, when it releases in India. That wud be my first BB.
    And m hoping of some development by BB & / or the community to make d Android apps work on a future device so that i can experience the beautiful Bb10 on a more practical level.

08-11-16 07:31 AM
    I am using the awesome BB10
    Passport SE.

  
    08-12-16 12:17 PM
    I am still using my Q10. I am looking around for another phone to replace it after the end of December since Whatsapp is (unlike any other popular app) a deal breaker for me.
    08-12-16 03:40 PM
    Agreed.

After many years of Google and Android being portrayed here as the Devil Incarnate - as a laggy, bloated, insecure, advert-filled mess that steals your very soul private thoughts and dreams ... folk are now starting to use Android and are discovering that it's not laggy, permissions can be set to control privacy to a level most are comfortable with, bloatware is minimal and can be removed, and (the huge prize!) is that every App known to man is downloadable at the touch of a button. And the App you can download is the real gen-you-wine App too!!!! not some nearly-but-not-quite-the-same clone App.

There are some who will attribute this "Android isn't as bad as I thought" feeling to the Priv, and think it is the magical properties of BB Android that have made Android somehow better. That's a delusion of course, because with very minor exceptions, BB Android is "vanilla" Android plus a few BB10-like Apps, but if it helps them to accept Android, that's fine.

I personally don't like Android. Not out of any privacy/security paranoia (which will be the mantra that keeps a few die-hard users staying with the corpse that is BB10), but because I don't like the UI experience. I've tried it, and I prefer WinPhone, but that's me.

The more posters that 'fess-up that Android really isn't that bad ... and (whisper it!) actually brings advantages ... the more it will be seen to be acceptable to admit to being OK with Android. Eventually, that grudging "OK" will move to "Like" as familiarity with Android grows and eventually a few Android converts will become born-again Android zealots who will post uber-fan praise for Android in these forums and berate others for not embracing Android. (similar to the way the very worst kind of anti-smoking zealot is the guy who was previously a 60-cigarettes/day man!).
    But Android IS THAT BAD!!!! WORSE OS out there!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 01:22 PM
    Agreed.

After many years of Google and Android being portrayed here as the Devil Incarnate - as a laggy, bloated, insecure, advert-filled mess that steals your very soul private thoughts and dreams ... folk are now starting to use Android and are discovering that it's not laggy, permissions can be set to control privacy to a level most are comfortable with, bloatware is minimal and can be removed, and (the huge prize!) is that every App known to man is downloadable at the touch of a button. And the App you can download is the real gen-you-wine App too!!!! not some nearly-but-not-quite-the-same clone App.

There are some who will attribute this "Android isn't as bad as I thought" feeling to the Priv, and think it is the magical properties of BB Android that have made Android somehow better. That's a delusion of course, because with very minor exceptions, BB Android is "vanilla" Android plus a few BB10-like Apps, but if it helps them to accept Android, that's fine.

I personally don't like Android. Not out of any privacy/security paranoia (which will be the mantra that keeps a few die-hard users staying with the corpse that is BB10), but because I don't like the UI experience. I've tried it, and I prefer WinPhone, but that's me.

The more posters that 'fess-up that Android really isn't that bad ... and (whisper it!) actually brings advantages ... the more it will be seen to be acceptable to admit to being OK with Android. Eventually, that grudging "OK" will move to "Like" as familiarity with Android grows and eventually a few Android converts will become born-again Android zealots who will post uber-fan praise for Android in these forums and berate others for not embracing Android. (similar to the way the very worst kind of anti-smoking zealot is the guy who was previously a 60-cigarettes/day man!).
    I miss cigarettes.
    08-14-16 03:09 PM
    I miss cigarettes.
    Given the year BB have had, maybe John Chen picked the wrong time to give up cigarettes too? Like that guy from the Airplane movies.

I posted the quoted post a while back now. Surprising how accurate was my forecast about the changing perceptions here on CB of Android.

Now, I routinely see posts praising Android (mixed in with those posts hoping for the return of BB10 devices, and those wanting a new 9900). Many of those pro-Android posts point to the BB special sauce as the thing that makes Android acceptable... something I personally believe to be a total crock aimed at easing their consciences after embracing the "evil that is Android"... but, whatever works for them.

I'm a casual visitor to CB these days - the notification of being quoted is what brought me back. The BB story has played out much as I thought it might and it only remains for Chen to grow the software side still further as the hardware side becomes irrelevant and BB becomes simply a reseller of stock Android devices with added special sauce. I have no love for Android, even the version *with* the BB Special Sauce - so that future won't include me.

Panda out...
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-14-16 04:39 PM
    Priv

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-14-16 04:44 PM
    I'm going to buy a cheap Android device, DOOGEE Valencia 2 Y100 Pro

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 05:04 PM
    I have no love for Android, even the version *with* the BB Special Sauce - so that future won't include me.

Panda out...
    Wot device wud u b using then. iPhone?

08-15-16 06:35 AM
    Using my trusted old Classic from 11/2014 until it died, my Passport from 7/2015 when ever I fancy using it, until that died too, than there is a 2nd brand new Classic from 2/2016 in the drawer waiting to be activated if the 1st Classic died.
    Easy to sit out the Droid Hype with ease.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    08-15-16 08:54 AM
472 ... 1415161718 ...