Wot device wud u b using then. iPhone?
    Much as I like Windows Phone, and would like to see it thrive, it is only slightly behind BB10 on the road to nowhere.

As many here have correctly said: it's all about the Apps.

So, yes, I have an iPhone 6s+ now.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    08-15-16 10:11 AM
    Nexus 6p. But I still enjoy coming to crackberry.
    08-15-16 11:23 AM
    Galaxy S7. It's a fantastic phone for my needs. Had the Galaxy S4 before it which I liked as well. But my carrier had a deal where you could trade in an old device and get 250 bucks off an S7.
    Before the S4 I had an iPhone 4S. You need the fingers of a newborn baby to type on that stupid thing. Also, the battery sucked.
    Before that, I tried a Z10 and dealt with quite a bit of frustration as I couldn't get one to work for me past a few months. It's unfortunate, because I think that it did have some positive features. Apps weren't one of them...
    My first blackberry was a 9300 Curve. That was 10 times the phone that the Z10 was. It was tough as nails too.
    So for me, I don't really have a nostalgic attachment to BB10. I do feel bad for those who invested in it and are left high and dry. I feel your pain. I owned a Playbook too. I didn't realize it at the time but someone did me a favour and stole it. Insurance covered the loss and I bought a Samsung tablet.
    Looks like Blackberry is offering some interesting products with there security angle. I'd like to look at their offerings when I'm in the market again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-15-16 05:04 PM
    Wow... excentric tastes

Posted via CB10
    I know BlackBerry has hinted that there will be another BB10 device but I'm not holding my breath. Sailfish is similar in many ways to BB10 but TBH BB10 is perfect for me.
    08-15-16 07:16 PM
    Still using the Passport. It just does email so, so, so well. And, the battery life is exceptional.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 08:11 PM
    I know BlackBerry has hinted that there will be another BB10 device but I'm not holding my breath.
    [Citation needed]
    08-15-16 10:22 PM
    I know BlackBerry has hinted that there will be another BB10 device but I'm not holding my breath. Sailfish is similar in many ways to BB10 but TBH BB10 is perfect for me.
    If only blackberry could shift to sailfish, instead of android, more & more users wud rather stay with bb than go to Samsung.

anon(9169048) likes this.
    08-16-16 03:52 AM
    I completely agree but I highly doubt it would happen, Sailfish have their own issues. But I love the OS.
    08-16-16 07:06 AM
    [Citation needed]
    I have no citation as such but the comments were reported here both in the News section and the forums as well as other tech sites. If I just so happen to come across one during my day I'll post it here but it's not going be my priority today.
    08-16-16 07:25 AM
    I have no citation as such but the comments were reported here both in the News section and the forums as well as other tech sites. If I just so happen to come across one during my day I'll post it here but it's not going be my priority today.
    Chen has said that there would not be a bb10 device in 2016 which some zealous folks took to mean there would a device in 2017.

Mary Beard has said “We are absolutely not backing away from BB10,” and also “The company’s never said that we would not build another BB10 device.” - BlackBerry Won?t Rule Out New Phone Running on its BB10 System - Bloomberg
    Is either of these statements the hint you speak of?

I guess I can see how you might see them as hints.
    IMO they are just teasing some more BB10 sales out of the folks who are not going to get with the BlackBerry Android program.
    These fans are loyal to BB10 first and BlackBerry second or not at all, so they are of limited value to BlackBerry.
    TgeekB and rt2567 like this.
    08-16-16 07:59 AM
    Chen has said that there would not be a bb10 device in 2016 which some zealous folks took to mean there would a device in 2017.

Mary Beard has said “We are absolutely not backing away from BB10,” and also “The company’s never said that we would not build another BB10 device.” - BlackBerry Won?t Rule Out New Phone Running on its BB10 System - Bloomberg
    Is either of these statements the hint you speak of?

I guess I can see how you might see them as hints.
    IMO they are just teasing some more BB10 sales out of the folks who are not going to get with the BlackBerry Android program.
    These fans are loyal to BB10 first and BlackBerry second or not at all, so they are of limited value to BlackBerry.
    It's the second one I was referring to. Thanks for digging it up. I really don't think it's going to happen, which is why I'm looking at other OSs, but what is just a tease to some could be hope for others. Me, I'll believe it when I see it.
    08-16-16 12:30 PM
    It's the second one I was referring to. Thanks for digging it up. I really don't think it's going to happen, which is why I'm looking at other OSs, but what is just a tease to some could be hope for others. Me, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Well, i share ur admiration of SFOS.
    And if the money is not a factor, u can go for the Turing phone.
    As secure as bb10, with sailfisg as the os.
    In fact, it had no earphone socket, u hav to use Bluetooth.

anon(9169048) likes this.
    08-16-16 12:49 PM
    But calling it a hint gives hope to the less critical thinkers in the community.
    They then put it in the echo chamber and amplify it.
    This leads to disappointment and gnashing of teeth that we all have to endure.
    08-16-16 01:21 PM
    If only blackberry could shift to sailfish, instead of android, more & more users wud rather stay with bb than go to Samsung.

I would be shocked if more than 1% of all Blackberry 10 users have even heard of Sailfish. The chance of it becoming a mainstream mobile OS is infinitesimally small. Blackberry abandoning an OS with 1% market share for one with. 001% is pretty unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-16-16 02:45 PM
    I would be shocked if more than 1% of all Blackberry 10 users have even heard of Sailfish. The chance of it becoming a mainstream mobile OS is infinitesimally small. Blackberry abandoning an OS with 1% market share for one with. 001% is pretty unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    Point.
    U know the community better of course. M just a newbie & hav a soft corner for both bb & nokia(now sfos team).

08-16-16 03:57 PM
    Point.
    U know the community better of course. M just a newbie & hav a soft corner for both bb & nokia(now sfos team).

I love BlackBerry too, and I hope Sailfish is available for people who want it. But, since Android already offers a low-cost option to manufacturers, it's hard to see how Sailfish could gain traction.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 05:02 PM
    I've got a q10 had the iphone 5s then before that z10 just couldn't get away from blackberry. I love my Q10 and my Z10 still the best phones on the market in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 05:59 PM
    I use classic as my daily driver.
    I switch to note 5 depending on my usage scenario.
    Iphone 6 as my hospital deployed phone. (the most boring phone among the batch, if I'm being honest)
    I also have iphone 5, moto G as back ups.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 01:34 PM
    Lottsa devices u got.
    Which 1 has the best battery life?

08-17-16 01:42 PM
    Just saw somewhere yesterday that Nokia is going to get back into producing phone again 3 new models coming .
    08-18-16 05:37 AM
    I recently stopped using two BlackBerry 10 devices. And now along side my classic I am using the lg g5. Something about its wide angle camera got me. I own a tile company and a lot of times it's hard to grab a quick shot of a job in its entirety so the wide angle Lens helps. Plus I had the s6 and nothing but nightmares. As with every douchewiz phone I ever had. S7 is far overpriced compared to the g5 practically same specs with a few modular tricks for 250 less. And here in Canada we don't even get the sd820 version. Bottom line there are things my BlackBerry does that I don't want to do with anything else. But android is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

Posted via G5 with hub+
    08-18-16 10:16 AM
    Got no plans to move to an Android handset. Will replace my Q10 with another if it fails.
    08-18-16 11:41 AM
    Just saw somewhere yesterday that Nokia is going to get back into producing phone again 3 new models coming .
    And again, they are Nokia in name only. In reality they are generic Android handsets just like all the rest.
    08-18-16 11:41 AM
    Sony Xperia z5 premium with blackberry hub+ suite for email. Can't live without BB for email.

08-18-16 01:30 PM
    I'm using the Priv as well and love it, especially on Marshmallow
    grover5 likes this.
    08-19-16 07:27 PM
472 ... 1516171819