This is a really great thread! Thanks everyone
    04-18-16 08:27 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport and Priv..love both!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 09:08 PM
    Classic as daily driver, Passport as Pablet, 2nd Classic as backup, Z10 for testing app's and leaks

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-19-16 05:44 AM
    Passport for me. Hopefully it lasts me a while because I feel nothing on the market can replace it at this point. If windows doesn't fix their OS I guess it would be iOS next as much as I dislike it.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-19-16 06:44 AM
    Thanks. I just got a Lumia 950 on a trade because I want to learn how to use it in case my Z30 dies and I don't decide to get a Priv.

BTW. I have gotten used to the Z30 calendar and would love to sync THAT to the Lumia.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    I'm in the same situation, I would love to sync my Passport calendar (or my Z30 for that matter) to my Lumia. One thing I did find that was surprising was that my Lumia compared to my Passport was disappointingly slower.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 10:34 AM
    I'm using a Samsung Core Duos (very old phone with android 4.3) got it from my company. My secondary phone is a Q10. I would use it as primary but my company did not allow internet.
    On Thursday I ordered a brand new Priv will get it in the next 2-3 days. I'll ditch than my samsung.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry Q10
    04-24-16 03:12 AM
    Loved BB and had various ones for years. Saw what was eventually coming down the line for BB and decided to just get into another ecosystem. After trying apple for 6 months, wow, what a boring and flat out mundane operating system that is/was. Landed in Android country and really like what it has to offer for me personally. I like being able to customize it so completely to my personal style. I'd still be with BB if they hadn't headed South. Might try them again after a few more hybrid handsets like the priv released. Don't need a physical kb anymore, but maybe they'll offer something else in the coming months. I'm happy with Android for now and later.
    raves68 likes this.
    04-24-16 04:49 PM
    A Q10 I scored on Ebay for $25CAD.

I was using a Q5 for awhile. Great phone, but it started bootlooping. I was able to reinstall a 10.3.2 autoloader but the screen stopped working (connection on the logic board was frayed).

I used an Android phone as a backup for awhile. Even though I use an Android TV stick and quite like it, it was painful to go from BB10 to Android on a phone.

When I saw the Q10 on Ebay (listed as "for parts/not working" but only had the double-typing issue), I decided to go for it. I still am in disbelief that I got the phone for so cheap. It's amazing phone, and I appreciate BB10 all the more after not using it for awhile.
    07-11-16 06:02 AM
    One and only Passport the beast do not have anything else on my mind why worry till my passport is still alive future doesnt bother me the day Passport gives up will be the deciding day completed 2years with passport and still rocking....market is full of toys and they come in all shapes, sizes and colors some how nothing yet appeals except passport

Red passport
    07-11-16 01:34 PM
    One and only Passport the beast do not have anything else on my mind why worry till my passport is still alive future doesnt bother me the day Passport gives up will be the deciding day completed 2years with passport and still rocking....market is full of toys and they come in all shapes, sizes and colors some how nothing yet appeals except passport

Red passport
    Can your Passport do punctuation?
    07-11-16 03:25 PM
    Xiaomi mi4
    Passport
    Just received my Samsung galaxy S7 edge
    Passport is work, still loving this beast
    Was forced to split work and pleasure so at first got a cheap (but surprisingly amazing mi4 for 124� with a vodafone callya prepaid card
    Then, through a friend gotten hold of a vodafone (employee distributed) family and friends 50% off promo giving me two years of 3gb data and more, with the galaxy (paid 99 for the phone) and could not withstand the temptation
    P.s. The priv was also offered by vodafone, but at double the price, and as much as I wanted to try one, the price/value combo of the s7 looked better

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 02:02 AM
    Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-12-16 06:12 PM
    Had Verizon branded Priv, got sick of waiting for MM, switched to S7 Edge.

07-12-16 06:20 PM
    There is a lot to like about the Priv, and a lot not to like. There is no gratuitous "negativity" here, maybe on other forums/sites/reviews, but i bet that everyone on crackberry who used/uses the Priv is trying REALLY HARD to like it. For some it is an easier transition, for some not quite so. Obviously previous experience with Android devices helps, however if all one used for the past few years is BB, i tell you, HUB and all, it's still a pretty abrupt change.
    Trust me, after i payed almost 1000 USD for the device, there is no "negativity" in my words. There are only facts. With good and bad together.

I have been in the IT business for almost 20 years now. Mainly working with corporate customers. I was there when mobile phones were still a luxury, an exclusivity only for the upper management. I was there when a company's standard in mobile communication was BB, anything else was inconceivable. And i was there when slowly it started not being the "one and only". When top management started slowly choosing Android and Apple devices. And let me tell you something: NOBODY i know gave up on BB because they couldn't play candy crush or because they didn't have a thousand different weather applets. But i know a lot of people who gave up on BB because it didn't have a decent map application with turn by turn navigation, because they couldn't take a decent picture, because the bank application was not working with BB, because even a simple ePub reader was costing money, because there simply weren't apps they needed (engineering, for instance) and so on and so forth. So you see, it's not only the app gap. It's the lack of basic features that have become long-time standard features of a mobile OS.

You might say, "oh well, but the security features of BB are unparalleled". There is some truth in that. However decisions are not made based on ROI or risk factors. Decisions are made based on what brings a company a competitive advantage over other companies. And in this game BB can only bring up the security features (which, by the way, are only made complete by using other SW/HW, like BES and smart cards), but this is only part of the "competitive advantage". Too late they realized this, and even then they wouldn't admit it, and from this conclusion the Priv was born. Was it a good or bad decision? Everybody has an opinion about this, you have yours, i have mine, the April 1st report will give us a first glimpse if the path BB took was right or wrong.

The proof that BB doesn't give bollocks about the voice of the users? Everybody was asking for an improved Android runtime and for the Android apps to be made available to everybody, even if for a fee. And what do they do? They take away even the little that we still have on BB10, release an uber expensive phone and their exclusivist apps are now available for free for everyone thanks to gifted developers. Great job, BB.

Yes, Facebook for instance is important. If a thousand people use it, the hell with them. If a million use it BB should put it on its agenda and at least keep an eye on it. But if a billion(!) use it, damn it BB, make a bloody effort!

Believe me, BobPepe, and fellow crackberry users: right now what keeps me tied to my BB are mostly sentimental aspects and a formed habit. I am trying REALLY HARD to stay on this sinking boat, and if you read through the forum you will see many, many, many people struggling with the same dilemma. Some made a compromise by using two devices, a BB and a nonBB. But for me and thousands one phone is enough. And for millions a dual-sim phone is ideal. So you see, the few reasons we have to stick with BB are becoming less and less each day.

Negativity? No, my friend. No negativity here. Just the harsh reality hitting us in the face every day, and stubborn loyalists who keep their eyes closed and accept the blow, hoping for the better, in spite of the obvious.
    Very well said my friend

Posted via my Z30 white STA 100-2 / 10.3.2.2836
    07-13-16 01:33 AM
    Nexus 6P. And a Passport.

07-13-16 02:16 AM
    Q10 and Lumia 950. The Q10 is my communication device (mail, calendar, BBM, WhatsApp, LinkedIn), the 950 I keep for its great 20mp camera and other apps (it has most of the big name apps, I feel the ecosystem is quite good, enough for my needs).

(Both have replaceable batteries, so with spares I can run them all day.)

That HP Elite X3 that others have mentioned looks very interesting, though... I hope the camera is good
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-13-16 08:37 AM
    Still using my Silver Edition Passport

 SE Passport 10.3.2.2876
    07-14-16 06:09 AM
    After my Z30's screen died,moved across to Sony M5.

07-14-16 06:31 AM
    The awesome Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:13 PM
    I have a PRIV but still using my Z10

Typed with my BlackBerry PRIV(acy), the more secure Andriod device.
    07-14-16 07:20 PM
    Z10 and Z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 07:35 PM
    LG G5.

My path went BB9700 - BB9900 - Z10 - Z30 - LG G5

It's been impossible to remain with BB with so little respect shown by the Brand for itself. Lack of apps and troubles in the day to day usage made my make my mind. I loved BB10 but my love was no returned by Blackberry...

rt2567 likes this.
    07-15-16 01:38 AM
    Still rocking my BlackBerry z30

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 07:54 AM
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro.

Still have my Z10 though... and I'm still using my old Samsung Wave almost daily because it has a video output on its 3.5 jack, so it's a perfect companion to my Samsung pico projector (no HDMI).

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 07:33 PM
    I've got a Q10 for now. I'm going to miss BB10 though. It does a better job at letting me work the way I want to than Android. Makes it more of a laptop that a phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 08:02 PM
472 ... 1314151617 ...