Currently on a Priv. Been using BB exclusively since 2005, no plans on switching, but I will admit the CAT S60 has caught my attention.
    You're not alone...CAT S60 got mine too.

 CA Governor 
    zocster likes this.
    03-23-16 09:20 AM
    Been using a Z30 for about a year and a half (using BB since 2008), then in December I just couldn't resist and bought a new unlocked Priv, did cost an arm and a leg, but what the hell, i thought. I had been playing with different Androids in the past, but i am too hooked to the HUB and the whole BB10 flow user interface, could never get used to Gmail or any other email client, not that they are good or bad, they just weren't good enough for me. After three months of using the Priv, these are my conclusions.
    The Good:
    - beautifully crafted phone (i know, that is subjective, still)
    - display and camera top notch, the overall speed is blazingly fast (i am not a gamer, however anything else i threw at it was handled without any hiccups)
    - the physical keyboard is darn good. After typing on glass for more than two years i forgot how efficient it is to use a real keyboard. Yes, i had about a week or two when i was quite slow, but then muscle memory kicked in, and i was again able to type fast and without looking at the keyboard. also the physical keyboard being touch enabled is a very neat feature and found myself using it more and more.
    - having the HUB and device search on Android made the transition a lot easier. also the BB customization of Android is pretty good, discrete yet efficient, no bloatware
    - very good battery life
    The Bad:
    - the materials used for the making of the phone are not exactly premium, although the price is VERY premium. my biggest surprise was how easily the display scratches, and believe me, i took A LOT of care of this device; also, in about two weeks after purchase the infamous screen click showed up and couldn't get rid of it (all solutions are just temporary, after a bit of use the problem reappears), which is unbelievable annoying; the slider mechanism is working perfectly, however is not as smooth anymore, probably microscopic grains of dirt or whatever are there which produce a faint scratching sound which will probably get worse in time (tried cleaning it, blowing it etc, no results). Again, this device was protected maximally at all times and it did cost 860 EUR (almost 1000 USD), and for that price these are not small annoyances, believe me
    - although the HUB is very close to the BB10 experience, it is still miles away. i realize that many limitations are because of Android, still, lagginess (try deleting with swype a buch of emails) is unacceptable for a business oriented phone. also, i constantly use three languages in my communications and having to change the language of the keyboard every freaking time is very frustrating
    - size. ok, this is purely subjective, but the 5.4" is a bit too big for me. 5", maybe 5.1" are perfect - probably that is one of the reasons i love my Z30, it has a perfect balance and ratio of weight and size for me.
    I think i could write a lot about the pros and cons, but these are the main ones that drove me back to the Z30.
    Would i recommend the Priv? Well, if money is not an issue to you, sure, go ahead and give it a try. But for the rest of you, who are thinking about making also a financially wise decision, no. Maybe in about a year, if the price drops significantly, and BB fixes some of the HW issues, yes. But not now. For pete's sake, for half the price you can get an LG G4 or a Galaxy 5/6, which rock the very same specs! And now, thanks to wonderful developers like Cobalt and others (thank you all!) you can have the main attractions - HUB, device search, keyboard - on an unrooted Android.
    I am very pissed at BB. They have probably the best mobile OS in the world and they ruin it and go bankrupt because don't have a damn clue how to do marketing and sales. And they don't freaking listen to what the users want. But mainly because they apparently lack any abilities to sale. Worse than that, it seems they don't even want to try.
    I personally think BB10 OS will become a very "limited edition" and exlusive OS, used in governments and big corporations, where strict control is the most important and not having access to Facebook or Whatsapp is actually a plus, rather than a minus. For a while. And after that while it will disappear completely, BB being a SaaS provider and software integrator for Android and iOS.
    As for myself i will sell the Priv and i will keep using the Z30 for as long as it works and/or satisfies my needs. After that... well, i don't know. I guess i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.
    The 411 likes this.
    03-23-16 09:49 AM
    Using Passport SE, waiting for some awesome new BB10 software update to prevent me from becoming android user.
    Love this device .
    ginnunggagap likes this.
    03-23-16 10:07 AM
    My all-mighty Z30!
    03-23-16 10:19 AM
    Z30 and BB need to make a quick replacement ........ ..... a full touch Z30 similar with top specs, top screen ... etc. etc hopefully with BB10 first !!!! and have the Droid alternative too .... THAT is what BB is missing at the moment seeing that it wants to go the Droid route ......
    03-23-16 10:34 AM
    I'm still using my first Z10 and it's not a great experience anymore, although I still like the OS structure and presentation.
    Unfortunately, last night I ordered a windows phone and will try that out. I'm not interested in Android unless I have to and I definitely do not want an IOS phone. I don't feel great all this, it really sucks that Blackberry got to this point.
    03-23-16 10:41 AM
    I am very pissed at BB. They have probably the best mobile OS in the world and they ruin it and go bankrupt because don't have a damn clue how to do marketing and sales. And they don't freaking listen to what the users want. But mainly because they apparently lack any abilities to sale. Worse than that, it seems they don't even want to try.
    Couldn't agree more. I have a Passport, which is tolerable but not as user friendly as my Z30. As with others I wish they'd upgraded the Z30 with a a better processor etc.

The OS is BlackBerry's biggest asset if they could open their eyes. Their best bet would be to separate the "security" layer of the OS from the UI (normal for Unix type OS); open source the UI and hub; and charge for support and premium services.

They could still produce expensive specialized niche hardware for specific purposes (like the CAT S60 for example) and government etc. but the UI is so superior to the competition before long it would become a viral download on Android.

My guess is I'm going to have to switch from BlackBerry at some point and I'm really not looking forward to it. I have iOS and Android devices and cannot stand the clunky, unintuitive, 18th century, "home button" based UI on both OS.
    The 411 likes this.
    03-23-16 11:03 AM
    Carry the Priv and power it via mobile hotspot... The apps are the biggest draw of an Android anyways, the only thing needed is data (and/or wifi) essentially... 3's a crowd OR an exceptional party depending on who you are...

Posted via CB10
    Why? He just said he's getting an iPhone 6s. It has a much better app ecosystem than the Priv, which runs Android. iOS is way, way way better as an app player. Priv is good for one thing: turning loyal BlackBerry users into Android fans, whose next phone will be made by Samsung or LG.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    03-23-16 11:45 AM
    I still have my bb 9220 with me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-23-16 12:09 PM
    I still have my bb 9220 with me.

But posting on Android. Like the irony

 CA Governor 
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-23-16 12:54 PM
    Blackberry Passport since 2014. I still have Z10 and just got the Leap recently as back up.

After all this BB10 vs Android fights and all the changes on BlackBerry I'll love to know what device our CrackBerry community is using at the moment. Just to know where we stand as a community, will love to hear from the newbies up to the ambassadors including the leak teams of the past, the genius who developed programs for our BlackBerry like Sacha, Darcy, Cobalt even the banned ones who hang around with new profiles.

I'm on a Priv, still got my Z10 and Z30 but for fun and some file management (It is really easy on BB10)

03-23-16 12:54 PM
    blackberry Q10 & iphone 6s

i wish if blackberry release a BB10 device with call & navigation keys (better or updated classic)
    I wish they would have released the Classic with the Passport internals/camera instead of the recycled parts from the Z10/Q10. That phone would be perfect.
    spurge62 and sajtosg like this.
    03-23-16 01:04 PM
    im currently using Priv as my primary phone have a z10 as an extra phone
    im wanted to get passport or classic this spring still dont have budget lol!
    03-23-16 01:09 PM
    I have a new Blackberry Passport and I'm very happy with this square like format! But there is still the feeling to sail on a sinking ship...
    03-23-16 01:27 PM
    Oneplus X. Let's see for how much time it will work decently.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:37 PM
    Tired a Sony phone. Kept my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 02:58 PM
    passport ......classic for back up
    03-23-16 03:03 PM
    trueeeeeeee
    03-23-16 03:05 PM
    I was forced to give up my BYOD Passport. New cloud email system requiring 2 email addresses which BB10 workspace can't do. Also other issues. Had choice between IOS and a selection of Android devices. Priv at the time was not on the list so I went with a Samsung Note. My daughter has the Passport and loves it. I really miss the screen and keyboard, but have come to like a few things about android. Widgets are very useful for example. I still don't have any more apps on the android than I did on my BB10 devices, so no advantage there for me. Overall the Note was closest to the Passport to be a personal handheld computer phone that does all I need and also approved by our IT department.
    03-23-16 03:06 PM
    honesty speaking, im using google nexus 6P.... whats the point to spend that much money and use an old android system.... to myself without a BB10 OS phone is NOT a blackberry. still using my Passport for clash of clan cause i cant immigrate the game to my new android phone :P
    03-23-16 04:34 PM
    Love my Passport Silver Edition. Probably will not replace it in the near future, it is just great.
    03-24-16 12:01 AM
    Cobalt Classic. Exceptional OS and mobile communication device. Best PKB I have ever used.
    03-24-16 01:19 AM
    I would like to hear people that moved to the Priv and like it! I am getting sick of the negativity on here about the Priv

Posted via CB10
    I love my Passport, got it the moment it was out.
    I like OS10 too much to drop it for Android. But you are right on the negativuty.
    But that's been going on here alot latey. Lot of ex BlackBerry users taking a crap on the brand.
    That on a site that calls itself the number 1 site for BlackBerry users.

OT: Passport, before that Q10, 9900, 9700, 9000, Sorm, 8300 and 8100
    Avenzuno and azdesertrose77 like this.
    03-24-16 02:26 AM
    After 9790 >> Q10 >> Passport (stolen/lost) >> Q10 now
    Q10: undestroyable, solid
    Passport: awesome, wants to go back to Passport
    Classic: ?I am thinkin of it? Why they dont put better hardware into the Classic?
    03-24-16 02:55 AM
    Still using old Nokia E6, it is touch and type. Cant migrate to a touch only phone, as i'm not a fan of ultra modern gizzmos, so looking forward for Passport, friends trying to force me towards Priv, but i dont believe Android will give the same speed and usability after 2yrs. Within 2weeks will get a passport, now the real confusion is between the Passport original and SE.
    03-24-16 04:35 AM
472 ... 7891011 ...