Alright, I'm currently running a Pearl 8130 on Verizon. First berry, and I love it. And while I like a small, sleek phone, I want something a little bigger, with a larger keyboard. Here's where I'm running into trouble. Several of my friends have Storms, and curse them daily. One who I talk to on a regular basis is ALWAYS dropping our calls. It's beyond frustrating. I also have a few friends who have Curves, and they all are really positive about them. The general consensus is that they're nothing spectacular, but you can almost always rely on them. At the same time, the Tour is hypothetically releasing in the next few months.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I can upgrade to a Curve for less than $100. Or to a Storm for around $200. The Storm has lots of potential, but I can't find people who really want to recommend them to someone. Or, hang on for the Tour in a few months. But it'll probably have a $250 or so upgrade price.

Or just stay with the Pearl and do nothing.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Ghost of Sparta; 05-31-09 at 04:36 PM.
    05-31-09 04:33 PM
    Well if you are looking for pure stability go with the Curve.. My curve has done no wrong *God forbid* but that's my opinion. Go to the VZW store and handle both of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 04:40 PM
    Curves are very solid BB's. Storms are also good, lets hope this new OS will make it better. Who knows when the Tour will be out could be a couple of months or more. You should go the BB that fits your needs.
    05-31-09 04:42 PM
    Alright, I'm currently running a Pearl 8130 on Verizon. First berry, and I love it. And while I like a small, sleek phone, I want something a little bigger, with a larger keyboard. Here's where I'm running into trouble. Several of my friends have Storms, and curse them daily. One who I talk to on a regular basis is ALWAYS dropping our calls. It's beyond frustrating. I also have a few friends who have Curves, and they all are really positive about them. The general consensus is that they're nothing spectacular, but you can almost always rely on them. At the same time, the Tour is hypothetically releasing in the next few months.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I can upgrade to a Curve for less than $100. Or to a Storm for around $200. The Storm has lots of potential, but I can't find people who really want to recommend them to someone. Or, hang on for the Tour in a few months. But it'll probably have a $250 or so upgrade price.

Or just stay with the Pearl and do nothing.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
    IMHO
    Curve over Storm by far with almost no comparison when it comes to actual usage
    05-31-09 05:29 PM
    the curve vs. pearl,basically the curve gives you a little bigger screen area,about 33% more memory and full keyboard. curve runs with the same version as pearl. not huge amount of a upgrade is my opinion. i would wait
    05-31-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD