Getting help to make a decision is fine but the final decision is yours. If you desire something, get it. Tomorrow is not promised....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-25-13 10:04 PM
    Sounds like you need to call retentions. While it is an early upgrade you can call in and make a stink. Usually retentions will help you out. I recently did this and they not only lowered my monthly bill but also waived my early hardware upgrade. If you were successful then you would be able to keep both
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-26-13 07:14 AM
    I wonder how good would it be, a 4G playbook running bb10? Must be beautiful, eh?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:19 AM
    Meh. I wouldn't sell my PB even though I didn't pay much for it. The phone + tablet combo for BB is nice and I'm not ready to give that up yet, but....If I get a laptop or a chromebook thingy I doubt my playbook will get as much use as it is now.
    02-26-13 10:54 AM
    Personally, I plan on keeping my PlayBook. It still gets used daily (where my 9700 only gets picked up for phone calls and BBM Groups), and I have it hooked up to my TV monitor via HDMI quite often. The larger screen is probably one of the things I like best about using the PlayBook vs 9700. I want to wait and see how much I use the Z10 before I device on giving up the PlayBook.

I also have a Note 2 and Nexus 7 (using Tablet Talk to answer/make phone calls and SMS). Even with the large screen on the Note 2, I still prefer to grab the Nexus 7 instead. I love the full-screen touch experience, but my eyes love the larger screen these days. It just makes sense for me to keep the PlayBook when the 9700 gets retired/replaced with the Z10.
    02-26-13 11:16 AM
    Sounds like you need to call retentions. While it is an early upgrade you can call in and make a stink. Usually retentions will help you out. I recently did this and they not only lowered my monthly bill but also waived my early hardware upgrade. If you were successful then you would be able to keep both
    Retentions...never thought of that . Sly my friend. Thanks! Haha
    02-26-13 02:56 PM
    That might be a tad but over the edge haha but I definitely hear what you're saying. It doesn't make sense
    Only over the edge because the Bismarck was sunk during World War II.
    02-26-13 09:36 PM
    I would sell my blood before I sold my Playbook.
    MarlenaRosie and Xopher like this.
    02-26-13 11:48 PM
    I would sell my blood before I sold my Playbook.
    lol
    02-27-13 03:21 AM
    I'm very interested to here from people that own a Z10 and PlayBook how much they use the PlayBook after getting the Z10.

I'm willing to bet it's less.
    02-27-13 09:54 AM
    I'm hoping that PB10 comes along with the full bridge suite restored for BB10 devices.
    02-27-13 12:15 PM
    I'm very interested to here from people that own a Z10 and PlayBook how much they use the PlayBook after getting the Z10.

Good idea...I think I will start a thread about that in the Z10 forum. Let's see if your prediction is right lol
    Rello likes this.
    02-27-13 08:42 PM

From what I am hearing, people are using it less, but that's because of the lack of BBbridge for BB10.
    02-27-13 10:38 PM
    From what I am hearing, people are using it less, but that's because of the lack of BBbridge for BB10.
    Wonder what we'll be "hearing" when the PB is updated with the advances gained from work done on the BB10 UI.
    02-27-13 11:34 PM
    My playbook is retiring after i got ipad mini September last year. No point of using it and waiting for updates and apps, such a waste of time! It's also becoming old..too thick. Other tablets are now thin.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 03:25 AM
    I can see that being true. It's the reason why I wouldn't use my Playbook once I get my Z10. If I lose my bridging capabilities, then I really do struggle to see what it can do that my Z10 wouldn't do infinitely better?
    02-28-13 12:20 PM
    My playbook is retiring after i got ipad mini September last year. No point of using it and waiting for updates and apps, such a waste of time! It's also becoming old..too thick. Other tablets are now thin.

Posted via CB10
    This is why I want to sell mine and wait for hopefully a newer PlayBook coming out
    02-28-13 12:22 PM
    I can see that being true. It's the reason why I wouldn't use my Playbook once I get my Z10. If I lose my bridging capabilities, then I really do struggle to see what it can do that my Z10 wouldn't do infinitely better?
    We'll see what PB10 brings. Afterall, no matter the brilliance of the Z10, it still has a much smaller screen.
    02-28-13 12:33 PM
    We'll see what PB10 brings. Afterall, no matter the brilliance of the Z10, it still has a much smaller screen.
    It does but I can live with that. I does literally everything better than the PlayBook and we have not the slightest clue when the PlayBook will get BB10 or when bridge will be updated to gain functionality.
    02-28-13 01:35 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    02-28-13 01:37 PM
    In the newer thread and poll, people are using it less and not just because the crippled Bridge. Also because people say it is faster (which it is) and just a better experience which makes the PlayBook seem more basic.
    Rello likes this.
    02-28-13 02:25 PM
    I think it will be interesting to see how much is brought back to BB Bridge. With my 9700, I use Bridge a lot (probably more fear of my 9700 falling apart in my hands than anything) and only pick up my 9700 for BBM Group chat and phone calls. Plus, I really like using the larger screen.

Since most of the Bridge features haven't arrived in the BB10 version, it makes sense that the PlayBook wouldn't be used as much (if you were using the PlayBook primarily for Bridge functions). If BB10 Bridge becomes more robust, it'll be interesting to see how it would affect usage.
    Rello likes this.
    02-28-13 03:04 PM
    This is why I believe they need to, eventually, make a larger Playbook. Now that BB is not just a tiny screen with an aged OS, it is time to move it up a notch.
    02-28-13 03:06 PM
    In the newer thread and poll, people are using it less and not just because the crippled Bridge. Also because people say it is faster (which it is) and just a better experience which makes the PlayBook seem more basic.
    And this confirms exactly what I was thinking. Bridge made the PlayBook a good experience, especially when compared to their OS7 device. Now that the Z10 is out, what can the PlayBook do better besides offer a bigger screen. Nothing....
    ajst222 likes this.
    03-01-13 11:07 AM
    And this confirms exactly what I was thinking. Bridge made the PlayBook a good experience, especially when compared to their OS7 device. Now that the Z10 is out, what can the PlayBook do better besides offer a bigger screen. Nothing....
    Better speakers.

Look, we are not sure when PB10 will be released but we do know it is coming according to the highest level sources including TH himself.
    03-01-13 03:37 PM
75 123