Hi,

I am hoping someone who is experienced with Unite! might be able to answer questions I haven't yet found the answers to. Having seen some of the issues I don't want to install the software without being 100% sure.

I have 5 BB devices in my company - BIS - on T-Mobile in the UK. We all use the main T-Mobile email address provided by T-Mobile i.e. we use the base BIS email address. This is the instant email address not an existing email address which is only accessed every 15 minutes (or thereabouts).

ISSUE 1: On BIS you can obviously setup other email accounts. In my case I have setup an exchange account.

So - this begs two questions which don't seem to be covered:

Q1. When adding a new user under Unite, an email address is required. Do I presume the email address and password to be used will be the default BIS one?????????? Or let me re-word that...I want to use the default BIS email addresses to register each user, can this be done????

Q2. I see the Unite! documentation talks about adding other email accounts. This is where I am confused. If I want to keep my exchange account, can I leave BIS from T-Mobile to do this?? Or does Unite! override this and therefore I need to setup the exchange account once again with Unite!?????

ISSUE 2: If you have existing calendar and contact entries, are these automatically shared?

In our case I want to ensure calendar and contact entries already in each device are ** NOT ** shared i.e. to remain private.

Q3. Can anyone advise if this would be the case?

ISSUE 3: LOGGING

Q4. Can anyone advise on how the "logging" words for each BB in terms of SMS? What I need to know is this - will the log just show the number a message was sent to or a copy of the SMS?

I would genuinely appreciate anytime someone can spend guiding me through this.

Many many thanks

Stefan
    09-04-08 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD