Hi CB'ers - I loved my ATT Classic for over a year and foolishly ditched it for a Priv on Verizon a few months ago, after the March update this Priv is laggy and burns up at every f***ing opportunity. I'm absolutely over it and was thinking of picking up another Classic that works on Verizon.

My question is, I keep reading that Classics are barely usable right now due to the latest BB10 version, is this true? And if so, any way to avoid?

**Not going to be buying a K1 for the foreseeable future

Thanks for your help in advance!
    06-09-17 12:51 AM
    Not true. Classic is very usable. It's not much different at all than when you gave it up a year ago. You have to use older android app versions in a lot of cases. But if you were on a classic a year ago then you know this. Basically nothing has changed. You'll be fine if you go back.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 01:19 AM
    I've got my Priv customized the way I want it. I could never go back to BB10 and its lack of 3rd party software.
    Oz Inglorious likes this.
    06-09-17 07:27 AM
    A better comparison would be Priv-Passport in my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 08:04 AM
    If you do, my opinion is get one with 10.3.2 OS and turn auto updates off. If it already has 10.3.3 then you can not revert it
    06-09-17 08:40 AM
    I would look up the PRIV battery life threads - lots of good tips there.

For instance, I use the mobile web Facebook because the Android app just eats battery - constantly checking in.

If you go back to Classic then you are stuck with a slowly dying platform - Skype is now pulling support for past versions, for instance. Yes, better keyboard, but if you do some tuning to get the PRIV's battery back to reasonable, then you'll be ahead app-wise.
    06-09-17 08:56 AM
    Personally think that it's time to move on from BB10. App support is pretty much dead.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 09:44 AM
    A better comparison would be Priv-Passport in my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but there aren't any Verizon issued Passports.
    RoseBud68 and Oz Inglorious like this.
    06-09-17 10:00 AM
    Thanks for all the good word(s), the Priv is a lovely phone and I've tried my damndest to make the heat/battery issue work itself out but everything I've tried so far from the forums hasn't been successful. Coupled with the fact that the screen is wobbly/clicky I'm just over it.

Would like to keep a PKB but don't want to deal with this K1 BS
    06-09-17 11:20 AM
    My Classic still works fine and I switch back to it from my iPhone a lot. I'm not a big app user at all though so the lack of apps isn't an issue for me. I haven't run in to any issues with the latest OS (knock on wood) but I know others have.. So for me the phone is still very functional.

I think you just need to ask yourself how long you want to keep using the Classic if you switch. The OS may be stable more or less but BB10 devices are on borrowed time. The Classic can probably serve you well for 6 months to a year but you should have a device in mind to jump to after that.
    06-09-17 11:31 AM
    Hi CB'ers - I loved my ATT Classic for over a year and foolishly ditched it for a Priv on Verizon a few months ago, after the March update this Priv is laggy and burns up at every f***ing opportunity. I'm absolutely over it and was thinking of picking up another Classic that works on Verizon.

My question is, I keep reading that Classics are barely usable right now due to the latest BB10 version, is this true? And if so, any way to avoid?

**Not going to be buying a K1 for the foreseeable future

Thanks for your help in advance!
    I'm trying to find a cheaper Classic for when's my one dies. I'm owner of a small business (shop and online) and do 80% of my work on Classic. Last month I buyed a Passport and it's absolutely amazing. But even with that bigscreen, memory, camera, I can't be more productive as with the Classic. So I keep my Passport as a mini tablet. Buy another one and try find one with 10.3.2 version because the new one mess with android runtime and battery. For my work I use the next android apps in runtime:
    Buffer (for share content to facebook, twitter, google +, pinterest)
    Instagram (9.8 version)
    Twitter (the BlackBerry version is very outdated so I use the android app)
    Whatsapp
    Wps office (very good office)

For all other things, I use the Web and made a shortcut app for each site
    Also, buy browsie browser from blackberry store

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 03:11 PM
    As much as I loved my Classic, I am glad I made the switch to the Priv two years ago. And my Priv has been a workhorse, used heavily for work especially. My Classic was starting to slow down and get laggy, along with dying apps. I am sorry u got one of the lemon Privs but for me it has been amazing. I use the PKB a lot too. I will b checking the K1 out since I like PKBs and the candy bar forms.
    06-09-17 07:02 PM
    I loved my classic, and regret not keeping it. but unless I can find a really good deal on one. (still 500cad new here) I'll be moving onto an android BlackBerry device. but again if you aren't really an app user . the classic will be fine if you go back
    06-10-17 12:39 AM
    I did same and happer with classic again so do it

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 01:07 AM
    As much as I loved my Classic, I am glad I made the switch to the Priv two years ago. And my Priv has been a workhorse, used heavily for work especially. My Classic was starting to slow down and get laggy, along with dying apps. I am sorry u got one of the lemon Privs but for me it has been amazing. I use the PKB a lot too. I will b checking the K1 out since I like PKBs and the candy bar forms.
    Your Priv with time will also slow down and get laggy if you don't reset it.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 03:19 AM
    Your Priv with time will also slow down and get laggy if you don't reset it.

Posted via CB10
    It's really easy. Just clear ur cache. This is not my first Android device. My Classic was becoming painfully slow towards the end.
    06-10-17 03:26 AM
    So probably hardware fault? Because I never experienced slow down on my 2 years classic. If is software you only need to clean it. (format) like your Priv

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 07:17 AM
    I think lag and slowdown with the Classic may have to do with Android apps. Even when it was more current I don't the runtime ever really provided a full Android experience with Android apps. It's worse now that it is so outdated.

I've had no slow downs but that's because I can get by with the built in apps and native apps. Like most phones a clearing of the cache and a hard reset has always resolved any slowdown my Classic experiences.

This post made me dust off my Classic again and I'm typing this message on it. Man I miss this phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 01:38 PM
    So probably hardware fault? Because I never experienced slow down on my 2 years classic. If is software you only need to clean it. (format) like your Priv

Posted via CB10
    Sold it for the Priv. Miss the form factor but loving the Priv. Looking forward to the K1. Ideal device for me would be OS10 with Google Play but that is not going to happen. So K1 will be good compromise.
    06-10-17 08:13 PM
    I wouldn't recommend Classic. All the apps that you need is hard to come by because Android 4.3 is OLD.

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus, a Xiaomi Mi4i, and a BlackBerry Z10 now, and I can say that getting apps like Discord on Z10 is a problem. Even if I can get it to work, Android Player's performance isn't exactly the best

I'd stick with Priv if I were you

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 11:41 PM
    Wrong if you don't need discord app like me...

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 11:02 AM