I agree with the OP. People always feel entitled to things when they really aren't. It's ridiculous.
    08-12-10 01:04 PM
    Excellent point!
    08-12-10 07:44 PM
    Save yourself a lot of frustration by realizing a few things:

1. No matter what you decide to buy -- whether it be a BlackBerry, Android device, iPhone, WinMo, Palm, etc -- there will be a better, faster, more robust, feature rich device out there in a few months.

2. The average contract lasts for two years*, while the average smartphone is usually relevant for about 8 months, 12 if you're REALLY lucky. Chances are, if you plan to keep your device through the life of a contract, at least 2 new generations of devices will be introduced during that time.

3. No matter what you pay for it, it will be available at a cheaper price in the near future....but if you wait for the price to go down, it will most likely be because some new device has taken its place at the top list.

4. You can't have it both ways. You can't complain that one smartphone maker (i.e. RIM) needs to make drastic improvements, then complain when they make improvements and their newest OS doesn't work on the older devices that were never designed to run it.

5. When a new device or OS comes out, and you aren't eligible to get it in your current situation, nobody owes you anything, not even an explanation. If you want the "latest and greatest", then you should avoid long-term contracts or be willing to pay considerably more to upgrade.

*On most major carriers in the US, if you want to qualify for a discount price on the phone

+1 on all 5 items!!
    08-12-10 08:39 PM
    I fully agree with everything the OP said.

Sticking with my 9700 *until the day it never even powers up with the plug in*, same for my netbook, desktop, radio(s) and television(s). Nothing ever gets thrown out or replaced unless it's DEAD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 01:56 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD