Another "the masses will buy anything(except BlackBerry) because they're stupid" post. Shocking. Maybe if BB had done a better job with decision-making and execution in everything from products to marketing to developer relations over the last decade, "the masses" would be buying BlackBerry's instead of iPhones or Android devices.
    Only to prove my point as to the power of advertising. Very few people know that a modern Android powerhouse with a fully-integrated capacitive keyboard exists.
    03-15-16 12:30 PM
    Only to prove my point as to the power of advertising. Very few people know that a modern Android powerhouse with a fully-integrated capacitive keyboard exists.
    Does that mean if you wore a T-shirt with a picture in front and a back that that said "Priv by BlackBerry: Android OS with fully integrated capacitive keyboard," there would be a significant uptick in Priv sales where you work? How many of your family and friends bought a Priv now that they have seen yours and tried it out?
    03-15-16 12:49 PM
    Does that mean if you wore a T-shirt with a picture in front and a back that that said "Priv by BlackBerry: Android OS with fully integrated capacitive keyboard," there would be a significant uptick in Priv sales where you work? How many of your family and friends bought a Priv now that they have seen yours and tried it out?
    I haven't had a chance to get it out and around but I will. Most people are still getting screwed with two-year contracts, so it's not like every person that likes it is going to pay off their current phone and run out and buy it. I think the sales numbers will be impressive, but you seem to be saying advertising is useless, which is patently false.
    03-15-16 01:10 PM
    I think the sales numbers will be impressive, but you seem to be saying advertising is useless, which is patently false.
    Not useless, but not sufficient.
    03-15-16 01:15 PM
    Not useless, but not sufficient.
    To do what? Boost sales? Yes. Save the company with one phone? Is there any phone at this point that could single-handedly save a company?
    03-15-16 04:13 PM
    Sub-par compared to what? The Classic? I'd say it's the second-best keyboard out there on a modern phone.

You're dramatically under-estimating people's stupidity. Apple drops sub-par phones on the masses every year with gimmicks like Siri and Force Touch and people beg for more. You'd be surprised how many people would ooh and ahh at a solid PKB on a modern android phone. As-is, people see BB on the phone and assume it's dead BB10 bogging down grandpa's phone. Really, it's a sleek, modern android with a great launcher and the best droid keyboard ever. That would sell, if people knew about it.
    Subpar compared to the 9900, 9000, Classic, 9780/9700, P9983, Q10, etc... Priv is what I would rate among the 5 worst BlackBerry physical keyboards (which is still a compliment simply because these keyboards are still acres ahead of the rest)... The compromise of the slider form factor on the keyboard is glaring and unfortunately it has a negative appeal to me after nearly a decade of being spoiled by keyboards fit for the gods! (OK, so that might be slightly dramatic...) If the Vienna drops and bestows upon us a Classicly Bold-like keyboard I will shed light tears of happiness... The Priv just doesn't live up to my standards because I KNOW BlackBerry can do better...

As for Apple and the rest... I never said they weren't also gimmicky... They very definitely are... They just present their gimmicks in a way that actually sells devices...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-15-16 05:01 PM
    I've seen more commercials for the S7 in the last 2 days, than I have in the last 4 months for the Priv. What was the point of switching to Android if they're still not going to put a real effort into sales?
    Blackberry do not have luxury of making high budgeted campaigns for their devices wrt Samsung . They went into android to bridge the app gap and have access to android apps without making much investments . They are awaiting miracle from mouth to mouth publicity which is not going to fetch much numbers.
    03-16-16 05:42 AM
    BlackBerry Priv sponsored the Republican and Democrat debates on ABC! see proof.
    Advertising for Priv-img_20160206_164904.png
    Advertising for Priv-img_20160206_190711.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 11:35 PM
    BlackBerry Priv sponsored the Republican and Democrat debates on ABC! see proof.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160206_164904.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	511.3 KB 
ID:	394446
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160206_190711.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	394447

Posted via CB10
    I saw that and I think it was a good idea. I still maintain my original statement though. I saw more advertising for the S7 over the weekend than I've seen for the Priv in the last four months.
    03-17-16 01:07 AM
34 12