02-14-11 02:56 PM
    Would love a PDF reader to go along with that too! Especially since most offices issue all their memos in PDF formats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 07:03 PM
    Very cool. Gives PB another edge on the iPad2, albeit still not one good enough for all the iPhans like a certain mod here on CB.
    02-14-11 07:27 PM
    Adobe doesn't have a first-party Acrobat Reader for Blackberry? It exists for basically every other smartphone platform, I'm shocked that's a bit incompetent IMO...

Flash on smartphones, though... From my experience with Flash on Android... I wish it was NOT preloaded on the phones. I would love nothing but to uninstall it from my phone. It divided my browser performance by 3, and I expect the 10.2 version to divide it by 2.

But I just ordered a Windows Phone, so I won't have to worry about that soon and you can uninstall any non-stock apps off of those :P
    02-14-11 09:12 PM
    Amazing news! can't wait till it's released
    02-14-11 09:39 PM
    For the life of me I'll never understand why anyone would be excited about getting flash. It runs like garbage on android phones (and I have a Nexus S). It does nothing but provide a janky *** web browsing experience and destroy your battery. And for what? So it can display ads 95% of the time, the other 5% being the super rare occasion there is a flash video you want to watch on your phone that can't open the youtube app and play it or something.

Adobe keeps promising things but never delivers. I have it disabled on my phone right now, and it looks like I'll have to disable it if I end up getting one of em future blackberrys. My post isn't referring to tablets though as I'm sure it runs better on those, though still kills battery.
    02-14-11 11:12 PM
    For the life of me I'll never understand why anyone would be excited about getting flash. It runs like garbage on android phones (and I have a Nexus S). It does nothing but provide a janky *** web browsing experience and destroy your battery. And for what? So it can display ads 95% of the time, the other 5% being the super rare occasion there is a flash video you want to watch on your phone that can't open the youtube app and play it or something.

Adobe keeps promising things but never delivers. I have it disabled on my phone right now, and it looks like I'll have to disable it if I end up getting one of em future blackberrys. My post isn't referring to tablets though as I'm sure it runs better on those, though still kills battery.
    Really? It works seamlessly on my android device. No noticeable battery hit either. I browse sites with flash daily (news sites with vids). As well I have my browser set to Always On instead of On Demand for flash. And this is with a device that's a couple months shy of being a year old, so it's not even the newest top of the line device anymore.
    02-15-11 12:58 AM
    Really? It works seamlessly on my android device. No noticeable battery hit either. I browse sites with flash daily (news sites with vids). As well I have my browser set to Always On instead of On Demand for flash. And this is with a device that's a couple months shy of being a year old, so it's not even the newest top of the line device anymore.
    Sorry but I just don't beloved it until I see it. I dont think I've ever even seen a video online of a phone with flash enabled going to a site with flash content and not have it make the browsing experience choppier. And to be real the fact that it hurts the battery life isn't an opinion its a fact. Maybe your opinion of smooth has a little more leeway than mine and you're satisfied but its pretty noticeable to me. And the nexus s is Themistocles capable phone to date. Obviously not including the latest dual core stuff.

02-15-11 02:25 AM
    Would love a PDF reader to go along with that too! Especially since most offices issue all their memos in PDF formats.

There is a built in PDF reader that is a part of the BlackBerry Attachment Service, which is within the email sub-system. This means that you can view PDF email attachments.

Your phone was delivered with Documents To Go. As delivered you got the dumb trial version that comprises Word and PowerPoint. If you register (free) they will give you Excel and if you upgrade to the Premium version ($$) they will enable some extra feature (like creating a new file) AND, a PDF reader which is quite good.
    02-15-11 02:40 AM
    and not that expensive.

Personally, I'm really excited about Flash. Don't know how many crops I've lost in Farmville while I travel....
    02-15-11 04:14 AM
    The few flash sites I visit I've never noticed any noticeable degrade in performance either. And as far as battery life..it's not like i'm on those sites for hours at a time..a few minutes here and there watching a flash video doesn't compromise my battery any more than anything else. Of course I am overclocked and whatnot..but it's nice to be able to click a link someone's posted to a flash site/video and be able to watch it no problem.
    02-15-11 07:50 AM
    It's not even as long as video. Sometimes you land on a site that has a brief Flash intro or something similar, so it would be nice to view it, even if it's not critical.
    It's just having the option of viewing anything on the internet that I want/have wanted forever.

02-15-11 08:01 AM
    Weren't we promised 10.1 for Blackberry about 2 years ago too?
    02-15-11 08:23 AM
    yeah.......waitin'.....
    02-15-11 10:06 AM
    There's nothing wrong with having the option, my point was Adobe has a lot of work to do in optimization. And once again maybe our standards are different. Then again Android as a whole is a pretty janky experience. When I take my ipod touch and my nexus s side by side and very slowly scroll through the home screens back and forth it's noticeable. As is loading a web page (without flash). With flash it's extremely noticeable next to a device that is 100% smooth.

I'm all for the choice, my beef isn't with stuff getting flash, my beef is with flash itself. It should be a ton better.
    02-15-11 12:11 PM
    yeah.......waitin'.....
    lol me too.................I can't keep track of how many times my boys have sent me a link to a video from their android devices and then go "you haven't seen it???......Oh, thats right...he has a blackberry so he doesn't have flash"

Then I curl up in the corner and cry

Damn I need a new phone or a Playbook...........
    02-15-11 10:38 PM
    There's nothing wrong with having the option, my point was Adobe has a lot of work to do in optimization. And once again maybe our standards are different. Then again Android as a whole is a pretty janky experience. When I take my ipod touch and my nexus s side by side and very slowly scroll through the home screens back and forth it's noticeable. As is loading a web page (without flash). With flash it's extremely noticeable next to a device that is 100% smooth.

I'm all for the choice, my beef isn't with stuff getting flash, my beef is with flash itself. It should be a ton better.
    I really doubt you have a Nexus S. I have an HTC HD2 running Android 2.3 and the web browser is perfectly fine while it's running Flash.
    By the way just so you know you can turn flash off if you don't want to use it.
    02-15-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD