I've searched and not found an answer for this one:

I'm trying to add pictures to my contacts. I've done a few of them, but I just ran into one that will not allow adding a picture. I get this error -
    "Address updated externally. Changes will be lost and viewer closed."

Anyone have a solution?
    01-20-09 08:23 AM
    Anyone heard of this?
    01-21-09 07:49 PM
    I ran into this when using a GPS tracking app called GPSed. Do you have that installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 08:27 PM
    I ran into this when using a GPS tracking app called GPSed. Do you have that installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Nope - no such app on my phone...
    01-22-09 07:55 AM
    Ok, I got the contact issue fixed by doing a wipe and a selective restore, then resynching the address book, however.....

All my pictures are on a memory card and now when I try to open them, I get the error "This beta version has expired."

Dang, this one is never ending...

Edit - Huh, never mind. Beam Reader trial expired and would not let me open any PICTURES.... Sheesh.
    Last edited by dsword; 01-22-09 at 07:54 PM.
    01-22-09 07:43 PM
    I have this issue also.
    I se PocketMac and it crops up every week or so.
    It's irritating.

Wipe and and selective restore is a big issue.
    I think mine is related to having categories for my contacts.
    The next step is to remove all categories from my computer address book.
    I tried just using a BB-Storm category but that doesn't work and I get the same issue.

Ok, I got the contact issue fixed by doing a wipe and a selective restore, then resynching the address book, however.....

All my pictures are on a memory card and now when I try to open them, I get the error "This beta version has expired."

Dang, this one is never ending...

Edit - Huh, never mind. Beam Reader trial expired and would not let me open any PICTURES.... Sheesh.
    03-13-09 03:22 PM
    Here's my experience with that error. Perhaps it will help you: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/jav...upgrade-42622/
    03-13-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD