so i transfered my contacts from my SIM to my Address Book, and as the title shows, every name comes in a weird format.

John Smith would show up as "Smith;John/M"

(YES, i have it listed first name first.)

so, with that said......... wtf?
    11-19-08 05:43 PM
    WTF? is not a valid question.

How did it appear when viewed on the SIM?
    Did you transfer from another phone via SIM?
    Did you do some kind of sync with an external device?
    11-19-08 05:51 PM
    WTF? is not a valid question.

How did it appear when viewed on the SIM?
    Did you transfer from another phone via SIM?
    Did you do some kind of sync with an external device?
    sorry. i wanna know why it's doing this.

when i viewed the contacts on the SIM on my BB, it showed up weird. the AT&T lady at the store told me on the phone "once it transfers to your BB, it goes back to normal". and it didnt.

I transfered my SIM from a Sony Ericsson W810i to a BB Curve.
    11-19-08 06:16 PM
    Can I take a guess that you either came from a Sony Ericsson or it was a Sony Ericsson that you were using at whatever point the numbers were put on the SIM? That is the format that Sony Ericsson phones converts the names to when copying to the SIM from their own address book. It adds the /M, /H, etc. so that it knows what type of number to file it under if you then copy back into the device's phone memory.

In terms of your problem, you're pretty much just going to have to manually edit the entries. That should, however, be easier than adding each one manually.

EDIT: just noticed after posting that you said it was from a W810i. Wow do I have way too much useless knowledge in my head...
    11-19-08 06:32 PM
    I went through the same thing using a Sony Ericsson. Love the phones, hate how the SIM gets all jacked up like that.
    11-19-08 06:59 PM
    Can I take a guess that you either came from a Sony Ericsson or it was a Sony Ericsson that you were using at whatever point the numbers were put on the SIM? That is the format that Sony Ericsson phones converts the names to when copying to the SIM from their own address book. It adds the /M, /H, etc. so that it knows what type of number to file it under if you then copy back into the device's phone memory.

In terms of your problem, you're pretty much just going to have to manually edit the entries. That should, however, be easier than adding each one manually.

EDIT: just noticed after posting that you said it was from a W810i. Wow do I have way too much useless knowledge in my head...
    damn dude.... well is there ANY other way to fix this then???

or, since my #s are saved on my Sony Ericsson.... im pretty much screwed?

never buying a Sony again.

I went through the same thing using a Sony Ericsson. Love the phones, hate how the SIM gets all jacked up like that.
    11-19-08 07:33 PM
    damn dude.... well is there ANY other way to fix this then???

or, since my #s are saved on my Sony Ericsson.... im pretty much screwed?

never buying a Sony again.

Use the Sony Ericsson PC Suite to sync the contacts from the phone memory where they're formatted correctly into Microsoft Outlook and then use BB Desktop Manager to sync them into your BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 07:41 PM
    Use the Sony Ericsson PC Suite to sync the contacts from the phone memory where they're formatted correctly into Microsoft Outlook and then use BB Desktop Manager to sync them into your BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    this seems really confusing....

i transferred my address book, to my memory card, then to my memory to my computer. so right now, phonebook is on my comp. do i put that in outlook?
    11-19-08 08:41 PM
    Sony -Sony PC Suite-> Outlook
    Outlook -USB/Desktop Manager-> BlackBerry

Should fix it.
    11-20-08 03:18 AM
    Sony -Sony PC Suite-> Outlook
    Outlook -USB/Desktop Manager-> BlackBerry

Should fix it.
    isn't outlook some sort of generic, microsoft email program? im not familiar w/ it.
    11-20-08 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD