Is there a way to have my address book default to a subfolders view? Say that I have twenty entries under "personal," twenty under "work," and ten under "restaurants." I'd like my address book to come up showing only the three categories "personal," "work," and "restaurants" rather than fifty names. I don't use Outlook, I just hand-type address book entries. I note that there is a "Groups" function, that seems to be for sending out mass emails, not what I'm looking for.
    Pat Dennis
    01-19-09 10:04 AM
    Well I'm pretty sure the categories are for different alert types.

Such as "business" you can a more business like ring tone
    And "personal" would be for crazier ring tones.

If you go to options in the address book there is an option to sort the address book by company name. But that's not what you want
    01-19-09 01:35 PM
    Categories are for filtering your contacts. The last filter you selected will stay selected until you select another. Unfortunately, you can only have one filter in place at a time. So there's no way with the native apps to bring up an Address Book that shows "Personal," "Work'" and "Restaurants."

If there's a way to set an alert by category per matrodriguez, I'm unaware of it, but I don't use custom alerts, so I could easily have overlooked it.
    01-19-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD