I am a new Blackberry owner and have just recently installed the Blackberry destop manager to my computer. I am on T-Mobile so I have a SIM card with my contacts listed.
    I loaded my SIM card contacts to my address book and started updatating them with addresses, phone numbers, and other contact information.
    I have been updating for the last month now.
    Last night I decided to Import the data from my Outlook contacts to my phone. I went to the Synchronization icon on my destop manager and selected my outlook contact folder. I selected "Import" and I also (now I realize by mistake!!) selected the "refresh" box thinking it would refresh or something. I pushed "Sync" and the contacts from my Outlook moved to my phone and ERASED ALL my other contacts from my phone!!!
    Is there a way to get these contacts back?? There were 256 contacts in there and now I only have 18. I can still access the old SIM card contacts but I had updated them all and added so much information which will be hard to replace.
    Does the destop manager store those addresses somewhere?? Please help!
    11-20-07 12:52 PM
    Have you done a backup of your BB? If so, they are stored in the backup file (*.ipd). Otherwise, they are not still on your BB. A good backup would be your best bet.

I'm having a deja vu moment. Good luck.
    11-20-07 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD