Has any figured out how to add contacts to your GMail account using your blackberry? I've tried the GMail 2.0 app, BB Browser with and without GMail HTML enabled, and Opera Mini. I can never find an option that will allow me to add contacts, let alone edit the ones I do have. Anyone figured out how to accomplish this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 12:57 AM
    try conjola sync

it syncs your gmail contacts two way with the native blackberry contact book

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/gma...ly-beta-59004/
    10-25-08 01:00 AM
    I gave Conjola Sync a try on the first release and it screwed up a LOT of my contacts. Unless you've got hundreds I think the best way to go is just entering them manually. Not the best use of time, but you know it's done right.
    10-25-08 01:02 AM
    I gave Conjola Sync a try on the first release and it screwed up a LOT of my contacts. Unless you've got hundreds I think the best way to go is just entering them manually. Not the best use of time, but you know it's done right.
    that's funny I haven't had a single problem with it
    synced almost every contact perfectly
    10-25-08 01:03 AM
    I wan't able to add any Email accounts to my GMail account using my phone. I'm only able to add them with my PC browser.

10-25-08 01:05 AM
    I was ssooooooo looking forward to this before it came out (and truly appreciate the effort of creating it). But man, my contacts list was DESTROYED. I know a lot of people have had great luck with it. I suppose it has to do with how I enter people in to fields. Like I put in company name, titles, all that stuff.
    10-25-08 01:05 AM
    I wan't able to add any Email accounts to my GMail account using my phone. I'm only able to add them with my PC browser.

I don't fully understand what you mean by this. Your gmail is not being pushed to your BB? That might be a problem to solve before the contact thing.
    10-25-08 01:07 AM
    even my contacts with company names, positions, and more than one number still seem to come out fine for me

guess I just got lucky
    10-25-08 01:08 AM
    If someone gave me their Email address, I would like to be able to add it to my GMail web account using my bb.

10-25-08 01:10 AM
    Maybe. Did yous start with a clean slate on one or the other? I want so badly for it to work, but I'm REALLY afraid of screwing it up again after going back and fixing everything manually.
    10-25-08 01:11 AM
    so if you use conjola sync (from my experience) all you would do is add it to your bb address book and go into conjola sync and push sync
    and it would wirlessly sync it to your gmail
    10-25-08 01:11 AM
    If someone gave me their Email address, I would like to be able to add it to my GMail web account using my bb.

Gotcha, you could add it to your BB Contacts and then give the Conjola Sync program that Staino made a go that jhill gave you a link to. A lot of people have had luck with it.
    10-25-08 01:12 AM
    Maybe. Did yous start with a clean slate on one or the other? I want so badly for it to work, but I'm REALLY afraid of screwing it up again after going back and fixing everything manually.
    the gmail was completely clean
    was using entourage (outlook for mac) but couldn't stand not being able to access contacts from the web
    so I synced my bb up with entourage loaded all my contacts on to it and then used conjola sync and most of the contacts synced up with gmail perfectly
    10-25-08 01:14 AM
    Conjola screwed up a few of my contacts. I also have quite a few business contacts. It was a pain logging into my online personal GMail account trying to sift through all of those accounts just to get to the few personal Email addresses.

10-25-08 01:15 AM
    Conjola screwed up a few of my contacts. I also have quite a few business contacts. It was a pain logging into my online personal GMail account trying to sift through all of those accounts just to get to the few personal Email addresses.

conjola is the only program I know of right no that can add and edit contacts for gmail

I guess I am just having great luck with it
    10-25-08 01:17 AM
    AAAHhhhhh, I think the clean slate thing is the key! I think the trouble starts when one program isn't sure what to do with something that the other program already has in place. I ended up with a whole bunch of duplicates, then when I tried deleting one, and sync, it would delete both and I'd be left with none.
    10-25-08 01:19 AM
    conjola is the only program I know of right no that can add and edit contacts for gmail

I guess I am just having great luck with it
    Well, there's actually another one called "GooSync" but it costs a decent amount. The cool thing about Conjola is that it's free (though I think he's intending on selling it now)
    10-25-08 01:20 AM
    I wish GMail would allow me to do this using my bb browser. Hotmail allows me to add and edit contacts using my browser, but reading html emails seem to be better with GMail using my browser.

10-25-08 01:20 AM
    If there was a feature in Conjola that would allow me to choose which contacts to sync that would be ideal.

10-25-08 01:22 AM
    I agree cdf, that would be fantastic. However, I like having all my contacts on my BB indentical to my Gmail. I use the gmail contacts as a sort of "back up" in case anything happens to the Curve, I have even contacts that only have a phone number or just a PIN.
    10-25-08 01:23 AM
    If there was a feature in Conjola that would allow me to choose which contacts to sync that would be ideal.

Not a bad idea, trying suggesting it to staino!
    10-25-08 01:24 AM
    Found a way to add a contact to my GMail account using my bb browser. You have to enter the new Email address for your contact when you compose a new message. When the message is sent, GMail automatically adds it to your contacts list. It's not the preferred method, but it's the best I can do for now. Maybe they will allow us to add and edit contacts like Hotmail in a future release.

10-25-08 01:50 AM
    Where can I get conjola OTA? Also would like to add contacts from BB to Gmail.
    10-25-08 02:09 AM
    Where can I get conjola OTA? Also would like to add contacts from BB to Gmail.

http://www.debosoft.com.au/conjolasync/
    Last edited by TheSultan; 10-25-08 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Eh what I said was probably too mean
    10-25-08 02:21 AM
    THX! Hope it works for me.
    10-25-08 03:21 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD