Have you ever felt nervous at accidentally disclosing your personal stuff while showing off or lending your phone to a friend? I really wish we can have a 'Guest' partition added to BlackBerry Balance, so that we can enable three separate partitions on one BlackBerry device: Work, Personal, and Guest. Then you can load neutral stuff into the Guest partition, turn it on and freely share the phone with your family or friends. And of course, we should be able to enable the Guest partition without BES.

Work vs. Personal is a security issue. Personal vs. Guest is a privacy issue. Security is not yet a major concern for the average consumers and so it appears to be still a hard sell in the consumer market. Yet privacy could be a very nice selling point even to the average consumers.
    Last edited by MadeFruity; 12-19-13 at 06:42 PM.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-19-13 05:51 PM
    This was something me and calicocat were hoping for over a year ago
    12-19-13 05:55 PM
    This is something that people have been asking for since we first got a sneak peek of BlackBerry Balance over a year ago

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 06:21 PM
    This is something that people have been asking for since we first got a sneak peek of BlackBerry Balance over a year ago

I see. Then, just a renewed petition here!

What was the feedback then if you remember? And have you followed up since to find out what the BB10 team might be working on now or whether they have any intention of ever possibly enabling such a feature? I really hope they do.
    12-19-13 06:28 PM
    The minute i saw Blackberry Balance presentation i craved for that feature on every phones!
    That would be a huge advantage upon competitors.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 06:59 PM
    Yeah I wanted this too. But balance ended up being just for enterprise. I thought they would have the split for all the phones. That's how it should have been.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    12-19-13 07:53 PM
    Yeah I wanted this too. But balance ended up being just for enterprise. I thought they would have the split for all the phones. That's how it should have been.

Posted via CB10
    exactly. We dont really need a guest partition. We need a "balance" system for consumers before anything else IMO
    12-19-13 07:59 PM
    Off to the Beta Zone app as suggestion this goes :P

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:00 PM
    Can you set your better half as work, your self as personal? If it is your own device. If it is company phone, not sure about the security impact on share phone, the defense of hardware was gone at that point (since your better half has the full access of the device).

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:27 PM
    Well as a cellphone seller... in store... I'd love that feature!! Specially since we have NO blackberry live demo in the store... so anytime someone wants to see a BlackBerry I take out mine... but you know.. it's easy to swipe to the left and go into the hub when your trying out the phone... so yes I'd absolutely love the guest partition on my phone..

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    12-19-13 08:37 PM
    Tough to have some kind of credibility when the customer sees a bbm saying : yeah I f***ed her last night!

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    12-19-13 08:38 PM
    exactly. We dont really need a guest partition. We need a "balance" system for consumers before anything else IMO
    The Work partition is necessary for enterprise and works really well with BES 10. It allows, for example, your IT department to completely control what apps you can install into that partition or to remotely wipe out all data in that partition if the device is lost. That's also why you need BES 10 to actually enable BlackBerry Balance, as of now. The Personal partition is for yourself. The Guest partition as has been suggested is for everyone else you choose to share the device with, without compromising your own privacy. One shouldn't need BES to enable the Guest partition. I do need all 3 partitions. They are 3 different categories of use cases that can all be encompassed by BlackBerry Balance. But if you don't need the Work partition, you are perfectly fine to just leave that partition disabled/invisible. And you won't need BES 10 in that case.
    12-19-13 08:50 PM
    Yes we need this so bad. Android now has profiles so if BlackBerry doesn't want to fall behind, phone partitioning is a must.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-19-13 08:51 PM