It definitely has more of an impact than the crap that was shown at the superbowl.
    I thought that ad was pretty cool. The timing for it wasn't the best, and I don't mean the superbowl. I think this ad would've made more sense admist many others if BlackBerry had been on the ball with advertising.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-03-14 03:43 PM
    Love this ad! I remember seeing it a while ago - thanks for reposting it.

I always thought BlackBerry should have done a really aggressive ad campaign based around the idea of "they say we're out of the smartphone game - we INVENTED the smartphone game." Nostalgia is one of BlackBerry's biggest assets, and I would even argue it's a big reason why a lot of people are still BlackBerry users today. Everyone remembers getting their first BlackBerry and how amazing it felt taking the time to go through every single menu to see what this incredible piece of hardware could do - it was like nothing out there. An ad campaign like this, showing old BlackBerry users what they could come back to, would have been really awesome. Instead, I saw an elephant during the super bowl

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:17 PM
    I look at this ad and think "awesome!" Then I think of what BlackBerry actually did/didn't do and can't image how they thought they would sell a single phone. Pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:24 PM
    Brand ambassadors is weak unless those people ACTUALLY use the brand. You can't just hire people to SAY they use your stuff, it fails pretty much every time cause they always get busted not using the products.
    Right, like that's ever happened. Oh, wait.

Alicia Keys Tweets From iPhone - Business Insider

Jessica Alba Caught With An iPhone - Business Insider

Tennis player tweets about Samsung Galaxy S4's awesomeness from his iPhone | NDTV Gadgets
    01-03-14 08:32 PM
    It is a cool, strong ad. It would be nice to see it air. But the Z10 would also have to be ready to go with no tired old OS and having to wait or rely on the carriers to get updates out. But this will never happen. Would be great to see even with the Z30....

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:44 PM
    Wow! This is the type of advertisement BlackBerry should be showing all over FB and make it like Windows and Android every time I'm on hulu I see their adds....COME ON BlackBerry I can only tell so much people how great BlackBerry 10 is

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:49 PM
    I got goosebumps when watching it

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    01-03-14 08:55 PM
    I can't get over on the last part of the video., "BlackBerry 10 has arrived."it gives a lot of impact!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:10 PM
    Even the latest ads of toyota or ford arno where match for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:11 PM
    I love it!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:41 PM
    Very good ad. BlackBerry should engage who ever made this video and have them tailor it to the upcoming OS 10.2.1.1925.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    01-03-14 09:52 PM
    To blackberry : officially reduce the price of Z10 and put this ad on TV, it will sell like hell. If this was the ad any how shown on TV in back last year I guess blackberry could have got some great response.

BlackBerry Lover by heart
    01-03-14 10:04 PM
    That commercial is AWESOME
    01-03-14 10:13 PM
    this video was part of a 'use our services' pitch by the creators to BlackBerry and was turned down... i'd like to know who turned this approach down and why, and if it was the same team who gave the thumbs up to the superbowl commercial (that belonged in the toilet bowl with all the money they flushed away producing and airing it.)

Clear direct messaging is what BlackBerry needs, including something to the effect of "why gestures are better" tutorial commercials. The OS is sufficiently different from what smartphone users expect that BlackBerry needs to explain those differences succinctly via marketing, even if it makes for humourless and dry "features / benefits" pitch. it really is what BlackBerry needs the world to see / know about BlackBerry 10... they can run the "emotional appeal" ads separately, even in parallel... but the features / benefits message MUST get out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...r-seen-854126/
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 01-03-14 at 10:39 PM.
    01-03-14 10:14 PM
    Brand ambassadors is weak unless those people ACTUALLY use the brand. You can't just hire people to SAY they use your stuff, it fails pretty much every time cause they always get busted not using the products.
    Exactly what's on my mind.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:21 PM
    Wow. Haven't seen that one yet. Right up there with the Bold 9000 commercial as my favorites.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:46 PM
    Yeah still my favourite ad if tweaked ie) remove Keys and replace with Lewis Hamilton, Z30, QNX Bentley etc. It'd be killer.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1925 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    01-04-14 12:42 AM
    Brilliant!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 01:10 AM
    I'm going to have to be the party pooper here. I'm sorry.

First... Blackberry invented the smartphone? Don't you mean APPLE invented the smart phone? Did that make you angry to hear that? That was intentional because saying Blackberry invented the smartphone is just as bad as claiming it was Apple. Blackberry didn't release their first device until 1996. "That was so early" you say! Yes, it was super early, but it was a two way pager. I have no idea if RIM invented the two way pager, but it doesn't really matter since two way pagers are not smartphones. Blackberry's first phone came out in 2002. It was beat to the market by (1994) The Simon Personal Communicator, (1996) The Nokia 9000, (1997) Ericsson GS 88 Penelope, (2001) Kyocera 6035 w/ Palm OS. Microsoft Windows CE phones also came out the same year Blackberry did. I'm not sure who beat who on that one but it doesn't matter since PalmOS beat both (and even then Palm can't claim the first).

Second, commercials are usually 30 seconds long. They range from 15-60 seconds usually. This commercial clocks in at 1 minute 47 seconds. This commercial is too long for TV audiences Though, yes this could work as a YouTube ad (but if YT lets you skip it, I bet most people will skip it if they see that ad is 1m47 seconds long and doesn't grab you in the first 10 seconds).

Third, the best ads in my personal opinion are ones which other people want to share. I don't see this being shared except amongst fans of Blackberry. I don't feel the need to show this commercial to any of my friends who aren't Blackberry fans personally and even if I do, I know none of them will feel even the slightest bit inclined to share it with another person. Can you imagine an iPhone user sending this to his/her Android using friend? I cannot at all. In my opinion, this is an ad for Blackberry fans. It's a very effective ad for Blackberry fans, but Blackberry isn't at the stage where all they need to do is please their current user base. They need to GET users.

Viral videos get passed when they're funny, cute, bizarre (this can backfire though), visually appealing, catchy and/or emotionally moving. I wouldn't classify this ad as any of them. If you look at some of the great smart phone ads, you'll those qualities. For example, old Apple ads used to pair catchy music with pretty visuals (Feist song, with clean visuals, other catchy songs with silhouette dancing). Google recently have been releasing commercials that tell a story and are heart warming. HTC a long time ago released that was good because of the catchy music and the little glimpses into people's lives and emotions. I see people sharing those commercials; I cannot imagine seeing this BB ad shared by anyone outside of the Blackberry community.

(I'm getting prepared to have this comment hated). :O

01-04-14 01:17 AM
    (I'm getting prepared to have this comment hated). :O

No we don't hate this comment, we just ignore it so we can have fun.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 01:47 AM
    This ad is awesome, has ever great aspect of BlackBerry's greatness

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 02:10 AM
    There is one thing that is missing in the video, that is the flick typing experience in the blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 02:53 AM
    I can't get over on the last part of the video., "BlackBerry 10 has arrived."it gives a lot of impact!

Posted via CB10
    I think the statement would have been more honest and powerful when the 10.2.1.1925 arrived for the BB10.
    01-04-14 10:38 AM
48 12