Most of you will probably say NO, which is what I have in mind right now. But to the tech folks, is it possible? Maybe someone can give me a COD or whatever file that i can work with using bbsak? Is it possible?
    11-24-11 03:54 AM
    no its not possible without an aftermarket theme. panels are controlled by theme and OS7 themes wont work on OS6.
    11-24-11 05:57 AM
    Back on OS4.5 I decided I didn't like icons. I just wanted to see my wallpaper. I was using keyboard shortcuts, too, and decided the clickable profiles icon in the banner was redundant when I could just press "F" for profiles. I downloaded the Theme Builder software and made my own theme with no icons and no profiles icon in the banner. The profiles icon was an easy uncheck the box option. I'm thinking it might be easy to do the same thing with the tray(s) in OS6.
    11-24-11 06:45 AM
    With the given circumstance, i might just have t wait for the theme builder update and for someone who's making a theme for it. I love the stock theme but hate the shifting trays. All i need is the ALL part, the rest is unnecessary for me
    11-24-11 09:53 AM
    I detest the stock OS sliding trays. I have been using third party themes that don't have that feature and also that have additional functionality built into the theme.

AG GDesings & Graphics has some very good themes and so does TDM. I have been using TDM "BB Evo" for a couple of months and love the theme.
    11-26-11 08:31 AM
    I can't stand the sliding trays either. And ever theme I seem to like has them. so I'm stuck with them and 'sliding past' the app I want to use half the time if I scroll to the right to quickly. Its an annoying 'feature' that you would think could be easily turned on or off but its not.
    11-26-11 09:28 AM
    I can't stand the sliding trays either. And ever theme I seem to like has them. so I'm stuck with them and 'sliding past' the app I want to use half the time if I scroll to the right to quickly. Its an annoying 'feature' that you would think could be easily turned on or off but its not.
    There are way too many good themes out there for you to be stuck with the trays.
    11-26-11 09:31 AM
    I wonder why RIM isn't giving us that option? It can't be because that one feature which OS 6 lacks can push us into moving to an OS7 device..right? lol
    11-26-11 09:32 AM
    There are a lot of OS6 themes that have OS7 icons without the sliding trays.

Checkout AG Designs and Graphics, their themes "Carbon", "Prestige", "Ederra" don't have the sliding trays and are beautiful as well as functional themes.

TDM has "BB Evo" and Apps Anonymous has "High Function" neither have the sliding trays of the default OS6 theme.
    11-26-11 09:35 AM
    I wonder why RIM isn't giving us that option? It can't be because that one feature which OS 6 lacks can push us into moving to an OS7 device..right? lol
    I think Rim thought everyone would like the sliding trays design when they introduced it in OS6. They got enough feedback that everyone didn't like it so OS7 lets you disable it.
    11-26-11 09:38 AM
    There are way too many good themes out there for you to be stuck with the trays.
    I'm REALLY picky I like specific things with my themes. I like having today and message previews on the home screen. As well as a weather slot. The best I could find (and I did a lot of searching though it was months ago) was TodayPlus for the 9700 which is perfect except for the sliding trays.

I'm going to have a look now that I'm thinking about it. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I don't care if its premium, I paid for the one I'm using now.
    11-26-11 10:06 AM
    I think Rim thought everyone would like the sliding trays design when they introduced it in OS6. They got enough feedback that everyone didn't like it so OS7 lets you disable it.
    i have updated my OS twice since OS7 came out and RIM has not, one bit, put an option for the OS6 users for disabling the trays
    11-26-11 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD