Best solution which would not involve so much technicalities would be to outsource Hosted BES services from companies like appriver and stuff. They do it quite inexpensively. But i would agree with who ever said BES is the best, BESX or BIS comes second and the worst is active sync.
    Problem is that EAS is free.
    08-10-11 09:33 AM
    Problem is that EAS is free.
    So is BESX. Install on your existing Exchanhe server. Can use BIS service if you don't mind the wired activation.
    08-10-11 10:34 AM
    So is BESX. Install on your existing Exchanhe server. Can use BIS service if you don't mind the wired activation.
    BESX is not free. I need a server to install it on and I need to maintain that server. I need an internet connection with a fixed IP address. I can host my email with a Google Apps domain and get EAS access free.
    08-10-11 10:53 AM
    This is my biggest frustration with RIM and the reason myself and my company no longer use Blackberry's. We had a BES, but decided to cut the cost and stick with Exchange only as iPhone and Android devices are more than adequate for our needs. We are a small company and the idea of having to run even a BESX is an added cost in installing and additional maintenance for our IT guy and truthfully a useless endeavor.

Myself and many others in our company would love to have Blackberry's as our work devices. This is just another shortsighted mistake by RIM that is causing them to lose users. (We did initially try to install it, had issues, and said forget it.)

I assume the only reason RIM does not offer Exchange connectivity is they make more money from the BES's still in use at large companies than if they gave away connectivity for free. However continue to follow that approach is not a viable long term option.
    08-15-11 09:57 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD