Interactive frames has to make it to 10.3. Great work bro.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    03-21-14 06:44 PM
    i like it but I have a Q10 and this would not agree with my Q10 screen size haha

Maybe if they opened up the "Themes API" like in BBOS and you made a theme like this only for Z models
    Yeah I know it wouldn't be as nice, but just like Q10's now the active frames and everything is downsized...it would be the same here, you would have 2 frames showing fully on the screen...not terrible as again not many people ever even keep 2 open lol...but with the new leaks of a 5inch QWERTY device, this would not be an issue at all!!
    03-21-14 07:00 PM
    I like it.
    One thing I would like added to this is:
    Pull the screen up and below it is the PlayBook / ios7 style app monitor.

I never use apps 5-8 anyways. I don't actually use any active frames, apart from closing them

The op's idea combined with the task manager below is something I would actually use.

Posted via CB10
    How would you pull the screen up if that gesture is to peak at notifications?
    03-21-14 07:02 PM
    Hey everyone, for those who like, and those who don't like this concept...I have created another concept regarding the instant reply function! I think it could be much more powerful and interactive as well, I truly believe what we have now is GREAT, but also believe it really is a 1.0 feature that needs to be upgraded with 10.3! Check it out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post10147772
    tahabashir1991 likes this.
    03-21-14 07:31 PM
    How would you pull the screen up if that gesture is to peak at notifications?
    The same way you pull down on apps to switch profiles (or go to search on ios7).
    Don't pull from the frame, pull from inside the frame.
    The very same way you switch now to active frames 5-8.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 09:26 PM
    The same way you pull down on apps to switch profiles (or go to search on ios7).
    Don't pull from the frame, pull from inside the frame.
    The very same way you switch now to active frames 5-8.

Posted via CB10
    Oh like that type of gesture...yes, well that could work but does that currently work in the active frames page? I think no matter what if you swipe on the screen with active frames it will try to move the frames? I don't have that feature so I do not know exactly...but either way...swiping up on the screen will always try to move the frames so you can scroll through...its works so well on iOS because there is nothing down below...its only horizontal swipes, so vertical could be used for other things...like search...

For BlackBerry it would be finicky to have people touch the frames to scroll active frames and touch the small spaces in-between to open task manager...it would be cool, but wouldn't really be beneficial when you can already just swipe down from the top and access device monitor...

personally I already thing BB wastes too much valuable space on the active frames screen, all that open space could be much better utilized for productivity and interaction...hence my concept.
    03-21-14 10:03 PM
    too complicated to learn
    03-22-14 08:32 PM
    I like it
    03-22-14 09:02 PM
    solid idea its a good concept
    03-22-14 09:03 PM
    too complicated to learn
    lol...you hold the frame for a second to access pop-up icons that allow you to control that app... Calendar = Create Quick Entry, (based on which view you have currently) could show a monthly calendar view, weekly view, agenda, or upcoming events...Music will allow you to pause/play, next, previous, shuffle, repeat...

simply holding down on the frame for a second lets you interact quickly! you swipe to close, swipe to pin...thats all there is really to it...personally not any more complicated than anything BB10 already offers.
    03-22-14 11:06 PM
    lol...you hold the frame for a second to access pop-up icons that allow you to control that app... Calendar = Create Quick Entry, (based on which view you have currently) could show a monthly calendar view, weekly view, agenda, or upcoming events...Music will allow you to pause/play, next, previous, shuffle, repeat...

simply holding down on the frame for a second lets you interact quickly! you swipe to close, swipe to pin...thats all there is really to it...personally not any more complicated than anything BB10 already offers.
    i would agree if BB10 initially launched with this concept. but going from one steep learning curve to the next in just an update is confusing and complicated for existing users
    03-22-14 11:11 PM
    Great idea. If BlackBerry can use this effectively it would be a great improvement.

However, there are some problems. If BlackBerry so wished, they could refine it so that the built in software like photos and music fully utilizes this. But it's hard for me to imagine every single app or game to do the same and putting in the same effort to make it nice and actually useful. Like what would the Angry Birds active frame show? If they do decide to use this idea they need to do it carefully so it doesn't seem like a messy gimmick.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:23 PM
    And the swipe to close would bring Apple fans stomping all over us, but then I guess we'd get the publicity...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:24 PM
    Well with games like angry birds and stuff obviously the game will pause and be minimized. Of course there will always be apps, especially games that will not make use of active or interactive frames. It's like android you can't play angry birds on a widget...so yes that's a good point not all apps will utilize the interactive frame, but those that don't it will just be similar to an active frame and show the minimized view! The difference would be that you can pin the app if you want quick access to a game or something.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 08:41 AM
    Just had a new idea now that 10.3 has leaked...with the Red colour scheme...I AM REALLY hoping that 10.3 launches with colour customization for the highlights throughout the OS...

If that is the case, then in my active frames layout, the white bars would be the colour you choose as your highlight colour...just to give you that customization and personalization on the interactive frames page as well!

also, I was thinking with a lot of the bars being white on 10.3 that maybe they will allow for light/dark theme throughout the entire OS on 10.3. If that is the case, the same would go for my concept here...instead of black bars and all the dark, imagine it being white bars with black font instead...it would work with both light/dark themes!
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    03-25-14 12:35 PM
    Just had a new idea now that 10.3 has leaked...with the Red colour scheme...I AM REALLY hoping that 10.3 launches with colour customization for the highlights throughout the OS...

If that is the case, then in my active frames layout, the white bars would be the colour you choose as your highlight colour...just to give you that customization and personalization on the interactive frames page as well!

also, I was thinking with a lot of the bars being white on 10.3 that maybe they will allow for light/dark theme throughout the entire OS on 10.3. If that is the case, the same would go for my concept here...instead of black bars and all the dark, imagine it being white bars with black font instead...it would work with both light/dark themes!
    Loving all of this

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:48 PM
    Bravo.

Yep. Definitely, a smart and wise evolution to the Active Panels by merging them into an InterActive screen, making better use of the entire screen as well a more rich look, as now realized in those mock ups.

I would like to add the return of the Active Icons, perhaps turning the icons into mini Active Panels, as neither are interactive.

I too believe this the right direction and what could make it much better than Microsoft Active Panels.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:09 PM
    I would attempt to make it more PlayBook-ish though. That's just me. What I mean is to say that

the cards be on top half frame, the bottom half can be sidescrolled sideways and top to bottom. Swiping from left bezel to right goes to hub, swiping from right bezel to left will incorporate those "fast shortcuts" that some people have been vouching for.
    03-31-14 02:14 AM
    Awesome!!!!! I love the out of box thinking!!

On my Z10
    mphillips828 likes this.
    03-31-14 03:08 AM
    I would attempt to make it more PlayBook-ish though. That's just me. What I mean is to say that

the cards be on top half frame, the bottom half can be sidescrolled sideways and top to bottom. Swiping from left bezel to right goes to hub, swiping from right bezel to left will incorporate those "fast shortcuts" that some people have been vouching for.
    Interesting idea forsure! My thought is that BlackBerry is trying to not remind users in anyway of the PlayBook as that has been seen as a major failure and people reviewing that type of update would say that BlackBerry can't innovate and it trying to mimic a failed OS.

That's my thought at least.

But the fast shortcuts would be a great feature!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:57 AM
    This really is amazing.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    03-31-14 06:38 PM
46 12