I got a blackberry from an estate sale for $5 because they didn't know the password to get into the phone. The problem is that neither do I, obviously.

Is there a way, like with Androids, to force factory data reset everything without being able to actually get into the phone? I have downloaded the desktop manager and was going to try a fresh OS install, but apparently that also needs the password. Understandable, I suppose.

I'm much more experienced with Androids, lol... I know you can push commands through adb and command prompt on those devices, is there a similar type of workaround for Blackberry phones? Something along the lines of bootloader mode or recovery mode where I can force a factory reset without the password?

If not, I'm out $5 - oh well. But I clearly would love to get this thing working. All I know for sure is that it's a Verizon phone, and if I had to guess, I think it's the Tour, assuming that all makes a difference? But I really am not sure at all, hence posting here (I'm also kind of looking for a general answer anyways).

Thank you!
    07-12-13 09:54 PM
    If I remember correctly, entering the password incorrectly 10 times forces a security wipe.
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-12-13 09:55 PM
    I was wondering about that. iPhones I know have that as an option, but I didn't know if this just hard-locked the phone for a certain long amount of time, or that happened. Hmm. I'm at 2/10 attempts now, maybe I will just try that and see what happens.
    07-12-13 09:58 PM
    I was wondering about that. iPhones I know have that as an option, but I didn't know if this just hard-locked the phone for a certain long amount of time, or that happened. Hmm. I'm at 2/10 attempts now, maybe I will just try that and see what happens.
    I did it once by accident, after 10 times it wipes it

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:59 PM
    Sure enough, it warns you that all data will be erased after your last failed attempt.

So I guess that should solve it, but I will be back if not lol

Thanks you guys!
    07-12-13 10:03 PM
    If I remember correctly, entering the password incorrectly 10 times forces a security wipe.
    I believe this is correct but I'm not sure if it is automatic or if the user sets it

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:05 PM
    I believe this is correct but I'm not sure if it is automatic or if the user sets it

Posted via CB10
    User only sets how many attempts you get.
    Get them all wrong and the device wipes

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    07-13-13 04:42 AM
    tour is hella old man don't know what youre gonna wanna do with a pre os7 device
    07-13-13 08:41 AM