I have seen many posts about people not being able to get the accuweather push alerts set up on their phones, and after trying and failing myself, and finally getting it right, I thought I'd post exactly what I did. First off, I think the most obvious problem people are having is the message that says you have to accept, even though you did in fact accept the terms. If you get this message you are actually in the wrong place, believe it or not. On the blackberry home page, don't follow any of the links that say web signals, or accuweather, in the featured or what's hot area. these links all lead to accuwather's own terms and conditions site, which gives that stupid message about not accepting the terms, and apparently doesn't work. the actually links you need to follow are as follows: applications, news and weather, then near the bottom it'll say push weather. here's a link BlackBerry Push Services that is the correct link, and will bring you to rim's terms and conditions site, as apposed to accuweather's. after clicking accept, it will show all subscribed push clients, and all available, you can add edit or remove subscriptions from here. also, it took mine about two days to actually show up, but at least it did, unlike the more obvious method. Hope this clears things up for anybody who's had trouble with this!
    11-17-08 07:53 AM
    Thanks for the post.... I have seen the failed posts but never a viable solution. I have no clue as I don't have the weather pushed to my BB.
    11-17-08 09:46 AM
    I tried this (having had problems with the other link, like everyone else), and this seemed to work; I should know within 12 hours (it said). I will give it a couple of days, and then see if I like this or WeatherBug better.

Question, though; does this mean I will get the icon on my BB desktop eventually?
    11-18-08 04:01 PM
    Thanks for the info, I will try this new link and see if it works. I got so frustrated, between trying to get this app to work, and that dang myspace app, which DOES NOT notify me, update, or even show new messages when I open the app, that I sent accuweather an email, and actually got a reply back from them.....

Thank you for making AccuWeather.com your choice for weather information!

We are aware of the problem that you are experiencing. We are actively working on the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Maybe this means that soon, we can expect the actual BB web signals link to work...LOL
    11-19-08 12:50 PM
    OK, fans, it showed up magically on my BB; but I am removing it because I would like my Icon weather updated more often than twice a day! So I shall stick with WeatherBug, which does just what I want.
    11-19-08 07:15 PM
    that's all well and good, but what you're describing is the pre-existing blackberry weather push app, it isn't the same thing as the accuweather web signal
    11-19-08 07:59 PM
    I down loaded and it worked fine on my 8330
    11-19-08 09:12 PM
    that's all well and good, but what you're describing is the pre-existing blackberry weather push app, it isn't the same thing as the accuweather web signal
    Co-sign that Mike B. This push weather is what I was using a year ago and unsubscribed. It's nothing new! Web Signals is something altogether different.

AJ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 10:27 PM
    I tried downloading accuweather and it couldn't find Athens, Ohio. Its a town that even has a 20,000 student campus on, and it won't find it. Can anyone else try for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD