Facebook Mobile User Counts Revealed: 192M Android, 147M iPhone, 48M iPad, 56M Messenger | TechCrunch

While the picture of FaceBook usage reflects more or less what the mobile word is today, there's something very interesting in this article :
    RIM�s BlackBerry still has a somewhat significant Facebook user base of 60.2 million as of December 2012. Unfortunately that was only up from 48.9 million in November 2011, and its failed PlayBook tablet�s Facebook app had just 690,000 MAU by December 2012.
    60 million FB connected Blackberry users (reminder: total RIM user base is 80M) ?
    Damm M. Heins, you're pretty smart : hyper connected ? Yes we sure are : at 75% !
    Gimme dat hub, and let's Rock'n'Roll this !
    simu31 likes this.
    01-05-13 11:35 AM
    I use my "failed" Playbook's browser to go to Facebook. I don't need an app when the browser works so well !

Si.
    01-05-13 11:58 AM
    I use my "failed" Playbook's browser to go to Facebook. I don't need an app when the browser works so well !

Si.
    Nice comeback! I love how the tech press elite can't resist throwing in a sneering comment or two about BlackBerry every time the opportunity arises. Also the use of the qualifier "somewhat" significant in relation to 60 million users is laughable. That number is extremely good by any measure, and made even more significant by the fact that RIM were in transition last year.

The way I would have written that article, is that despite no new major BlackBerry release in 2012, BlackBerry users still outnumbered iPad users, and had a user-base on Facebook equivalent to the population of the UK.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-05-13 02:13 PM
    I'm going to call foul on the statistics. With a substantial proportion of worldwide uptake for business and/or in areas where Facefook has no useful presence I simply don't believe 75% of devices. If anyone knows worldwide active device statistics for Android and iOS it would be interesting to compare % uptake.
    01-05-13 06:33 PM
    I'm going to call foul on the statistics. With a substantial proportion of worldwide uptake for business and/or in areas where Facefook has no useful presence I simply don't believe 75% of devices. If anyone knows worldwide active device statistics for Android and iOS it would be interesting to compare % uptake.
    I agree, those stats seem kind of odd to me as well... I wonder how they calculate or count to get their numbers... Is it per account logged into using a BB, in which case does it cover someone using a friends BB to login and check their FB? What if they login next time using an iphone?

Is it calculated as a per device login, where someone logging into their one FB account from multiple different BBs counts multiple times?
    01-05-13 06:48 PM
    The other cause of suspicion is the ratio of usage for the different devices where I would expect approximately the same proportion from each platform as FB users. Just looking at BB against iOS the raw numbers suggest 60m BB users : 200m iOS users, which would suggest a 1:3 ratio of device usage, and closer to 1:2 for BB:Android - by no means what all the surveys report. Somebody is pushing false data, they lied.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-05-13 07:19 PM
    The other cause of suspicion is the ratio of usage for the different devices where I would expect approximately the same proportion from each platform as FB users. Just looking at BB against iOS the raw numbers suggest 60m BB users : 200m iOS users, which would suggest a 1:3 ratio of device usage, and closer to 1:2 for BB:Android - by no means what all the surveys report. Somebody is pushing false data, they lied.
    Branta, could you please change the title to "According to latest FaceBook user counts, 75% if BlackBerry user base is connected" ?
    Would be more "neutral" then. Thx in advance.
    A.
    01-05-13 08:25 PM