The bold 9900 is rumored to be delayed til september.hardware issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 09:39 PM
    Then why would they be having a big Fan Night to introduce the things next week? Doesn't seem kosher.
    07-27-11 09:42 PM
    Blackberry Bold 9900 Was Delayed Due To Hardware Issue

Although, we�re not sure if the Bold 9900 will actually be delayed all the way until September.
    07-27-11 09:44 PM
    Thanx cali.

07-27-11 09:50 PM
    That could be the REAL REASON it was delayed in the first place......just sayin.
    01itr and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    07-27-11 09:56 PM
    Well - if this is true than the Co-CEOs blatantly lied about the cause of the delay. It might mean their heads. If it's true, it should mean their heads. Just what RIM needs further poor relations with carriers.
    07-28-11 09:54 AM
    I agree, the initial delay that was reported way back on May 03 by bgr.com rumoring that the Bold 9900/9930 delayed until late August, which seeing by the latest Sprint sku list having the Bold 9930 available 08/21/11 makes that pretty true. I doubt there will be anymore delays other than what was originally reported.

07-28-11 09:55 AM
    Then why would they be having a big Fan Night to introduce the things next week? Doesn't seem kosher.
    9900 has already been introduced - in May! They can intro the other models. The 9850/9860 has not made it through the FCC yet. Just applied and w/o carrier bands only wifi/BT etc. And allow me to remind you 3 days to August 1.
    07-28-11 09:56 AM
    9900 has already been introduced - in May! They can intro the other models. The 9850/9860 has not made it through the FCC yet. Just applied and w/o carrier bands only wifi/BT etc. And allow me to remind you 3 days to August 1.
    Update: Digging deeper into the filings, we discovered that RDH71CW supports GSM / EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 and CDMA 800 / 1900 / 2000, likely pegging this as a Verizon and / or Sprint global phone; RDP71UW is the WCDMA version that supports quadband GSM / EDGE and WCDMA 850 / 1900 / 2100 that would pin it on AT&T, Rogers, Bell, and / or Telus; and RDQ71UW offers the same GSM / EDGE but substitutes in WCDMA 1700 AWS, as well as 900 / 2100 for global use, which could indicate the BlackBerry 9860 has a future with T-Mobile as well.
    ^ That's from Engadget.
    I would post links but it's hard to do all that on my iPad.
    07-28-11 10:04 AM
    What is happening August 1st?

Also,

Looks good to me. I believe this article is actually relating to the original delay, to August.

EDIT: And I think it does have carrier bands, they just updated their website. http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/b...ng-up-the-fcc/
    Last edited by 01itr; 07-28-11 at 10:07 AM.
    07-28-11 10:04 AM
    Thanks for the update! T-mobile bands, but rumors say T-mobile has balked at carrying it. Shame.
    07-28-11 10:06 AM
    They are referring in fact to the original delay. That's the issue. RIM through its CEOs were very clear that the delays were a result of carriers taking their time reviewing and approving the new OS. Not that testers were finding ginourmous hardware issues due to how the first production runs printed the circuit board.
    07-28-11 10:09 AM
    They are referring in fact to the original delay. That's the issue. RIM through its CEOs were very clear that the delays were a result of carriers taking their time reviewing and approving the new OS. Not that testers were finding ginourmous hardware issues due to how the first production runs printed the circuit board.
    Hmm, well I can't find anything where the CEOs said that... all I could find was

RIM�s other co-CEO Mike Lazaridis has said that the delays with BlackBerry OS 7 were down to their efforts to get their devices to meet market expectations and commented, �It may have delayed us, but we are going to come out ahead.�
    That a very broad statement though, so it could really cover just about anything (including hardware issues)
    07-28-11 10:19 AM
    During the earnings call - "
    Technical carrier acceptance was an issue at the time, and things have moved slowly in that area. Once one device meets carrier requirements -- all devices running the same OS (BlackBerry 7) should see rapid acceptance and ultimately release. "
    centsofreason likes this.
    07-28-11 10:24 AM
    If this is true then the CEO's half lied, it was because of carrier cert, but they weren't getting through because they were defective. Sad and scary that RIM's QA didn't catch a major issue preventing the delay. In any case, I don't believe a word out of Mike or Jim's mouth anymore. Their credibility has been sinking a lot this year.
    bAAx and centsofreason like this.
    07-28-11 10:34 AM
    During the earnings call - "
    Technical carrier acceptance was an issue at the time, and things have moved slowly in that area. Once one device meets carrier requirements -- all devices running the same OS (BlackBerry 7) should see rapid acceptance and ultimately release. "
    Could the technical carrier acceptance not be related to the hardware issues? Like if the carriers were the ones who found the hardware to be flawed?
    07-28-11 10:57 AM
    I assumed it was Mike and Jim's belief that they could skate by with a 9790 w/800mhz processor and seen that the US carriers would baulk at such little upgrade for a new BlackBerry, hence retooling it to a Bold 9900 w/1.2Ghz to sastisfy US and NA carriers.

07-28-11 10:58 AM
    Could the technical carrier acceptance not be related to the hardware issues? Like if the carriers were the ones who found the hardware to be flawed?
    Yes. This is the exact same thing that happened with the Bold 9000.
    01itr likes this.
    07-28-11 11:01 AM
    but it make sense right now, are there any issues reported right now?
    07-29-11 10:05 AM
    Yes. This is the exact same thing that happened with the Bold 9000.
    You would think that RIM would have improved in-house testing of gear so that the carrier isn't the one finding the issues like a repeat of the 9000. Apparently not the case though. Probably has cost them a lot in sales and possibly users defecting to other brands.
    07-29-11 10:40 AM
    You would think that RIM would have improved in-house testing of gear so that the carrier isn't the one finding the issues like a repeat of the 9000. Apparently not the case though. Probably has cost them a lot in sales and possibly users defecting to other brands.
    Bugs happen, defects happen. But to have them be found @ the carrier level to the degree that holds up the release of your flagship device after not releasing a new device in almost a year is demonstration of either incompetence or arrogance.
    07-29-11 01:05 PM
    Seems RIM has had as many hardware issues as software for some time. I remembrer the overheating and other hardware issues from the 9530 series required a new batch of manufacturing after release, and they never solved the issue of the metal button overheating and buring into the screen; so many people had the sticky ball curse on the tour, and recently the stuttering buttons on the 9790. I'm sure this will be fixed with all the management changes. Maybe finding new manufacturing plants. We could open some in the US!
    07-29-11 01:38 PM
    Seems RIM has had as many hardware issues as software for some time. I remembrer the overheating and other hardware issues from the 9530 series required a new batch of manufacturing after release, and they never solved the issue of the metal button overheating and buring into the screen; so many people had the sticky ball curse on the tour, and recently the stuttering buttons on the 9790. I'm sure this will be fixed with all the management changes. Maybe finding new manufacturing plants. We could open some in the US!
    Thus is where a lot of my concern is. Too many of the same issues. Why should i invest in a product that I know off the bat will have multiple hardware and/or software issues. It shouldn't take 2-3 incremental OS updates to fix one issue to break another application. Nor should person have to exchange their device 3-4 times due to a funky trackpad, loose bezel/casing, faulty battery door, creaky keypad, & so on.
    centsofreason likes this.
    07-29-11 02:21 PM
    other smartphones.

Thus is where a lot of my concern is. Too many of the same issues. Why should i invest in a product that I know off the bat will have multiple hardware and/or software issues. It shouldn't take 2-3 incremental OS updates to fix one issue to break another application. Nor should person have to exchange their device 3-4 times due to a funky trackpad, loose bezel/casing, faulty battery door, creaky keypad, & so on.
    07-29-11 02:56 PM
    Blackberry no longer has better build quality nor software quality than other smartphones. Were not talking about Curve 8700's. Were talking about Storm 95xx, Curve 85xx, Bold 9700...
    Shlooky and avt123 like this.
    07-29-11 03:08 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD