Thus is where a lot of my concern is. Too many of the same issues. Why should i invest in a product that I know off the bat will have multiple hardware and/or software issues. It shouldn't take 2-3 incremental OS updates to fix one issue to break another application. Nor should person have to exchange their device 3-4 times due to a funky trackpad, loose bezel/casing, faulty battery door, creaky keypad, & so on.
    I have the same issues:

- why should I invest in a product where I don't like the phone o/s or the form factor isn't quite right (driod, iphone)
    - why should I invest in a product where the phones seem very bulky to what I am used to (windows)

I don't know; my S2 just kinds of skates along without any issues. I can't play angry birds on it, but I'm not really missing much. Why wouldn't I want another Blackberry? (Obviously I would it's a rhetorical questions)
    07-29-11 03:22 PM
    I don't get the whole Hardware/software thing. Android has had plenty of OS issues being buggy and or locking up. I went through 2 mytouch 3G's in a month and 2 Optimus T's in few months.

All companies have their issues as these are mass produced. BB for some reason has gotten a bad rep with this. I have had a couple hardware issues, never a software problem, but Andriod in the short time I have had them had many Hardware/software problems.

**** even my 8100's are kicking still and have been beat to death.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 05:01 PM
    Thus is where a lot of my concern is. Too many of the same issues. Why should i invest in a product that I know off the bat will have multiple hardware and/or software issues. It shouldn't take 2-3 incremental OS updates to fix one issue to break another application. Nor should person have to exchange their device 3-4 times due to a funky trackpad, loose bezel/casing, faulty battery door, creaky keypad, & so on.
    Yup. After going through 5 9700s (3 of which were before the device even officially launched since I had an AT&T business premier account), I finally gave up and went back to my 9000/iPhone 3GS combo. After that I just stopped buying BBs due to the quality of hardware getting worse over the years. IMO the 9000 was the last quality made device RIM had.

Even the 9000 had problems though. I remember people comparing where it was manufactured because certain ones were made more poorly than others.
    07-29-11 05:27 PM
    Yup. After going through 5 9700s (3 of which were before the device even officially launched since I had an AT&T business premier account), I finally gave up and went back to my 9000/iPhone 3GS combo. After that I just stopped buying BBs due to the quality of hardware getting worse over the years. IMO the 9000 was the last quality made device RIM had.

Even the 9000 had problems though. I remember people comparing where it was manufactured because certain ones were made more poorly than others.
    I know. The 9700 forums were flooded with where was your Bold manufactured? Thought mine was safe because it was manufactured in Mexico. I was safe on the hardware since, software, not so much.
    07-29-11 05:42 PM
    A lot of BB users out there that have the 9000 love it. I know i loved mine and if Rogers had connection up here id still be on it. That being said is probably the reason why RIM is going back to that form factor. I wonder what the hold up for the carriers doing launch dates is though?? pretty much all the new devices have passed the FCC so whats the hold up??
    07-30-11 10:14 AM
    A lot of BB users out there that have the 9000 love it. I know i loved mine and if Rogers had connection up here id still be on it. That being said is probably the reason why RIM is going back to that form factor. I wonder what the hold up for the carriers doing launch dates is though?? pretty much all the new devices have passed the FCC so whats the hold up??
    Hardware &/or software issues.
    07-30-11 10:20 AM
    Pretty sure the carriers just have the Bold 9900/9930 ready to go, they do schedule other releases during the year, so say like Sprint, they have it schuled for 08/21/11 just the order the carriers want to relase their devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 03:03 PM
    Bugs happen, defects happen. But to have them be found @ the carrier level to the degree that holds up the release of your flagship device after not releasing a new device in almost a year is demonstration of either incompetence or arrogance.
    Well in all honesty, this happens to all manufacturers. Samsung, Moto, Nokia, even Apple. All of them.
    Apple does the absolute best especially with sw. Sammy definitely has it's issues. but I believe that once a device is sent for carrier certification there should absolutely be no hardware problems to rectify. Unfortunately this problem will still persist from time to time with all manufacturers.
    07-30-11 06:12 PM
    Well in all honesty, this happens to all manufacturers. Samsung, Moto, Nokia, even Apple. All of them.
    Apple does the absolute best especially with sw. Sammy definitely has it's issues. but I believe that once a device is sent for carrier certification there should absolutely be no hardware problems to rectify. Unfortunately this problem will still persist from time to time with all manufacturers.
    I totally understand what you are saying, and agree. I'm just at an absolute loss as to why such a critical device yet again gets pushed out to carriers with the same level of faults as in the past.
    07-30-11 07:25 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD