hello ppl ! i was installing a software ( mobiola web cam ) on my Blackberry 8300 Curve and it wiped out my entire contact list and SMS . i need the contact list back . is there any way ? plz ppl help me .. it is very important
    07-28-09 11:06 AM
    Did you do a back up before installing?
    07-28-09 11:07 AM
    Did you make a backup? Without a backup, you may be hosed.
    07-28-09 11:07 AM
    Do you have your device connected to a company server?
    07-28-09 11:08 AM
    Fire up DM, restore, next. Everything is back like normal!
    07-28-09 11:08 AM
    Fire up DM, restore, next. Everything is back like normal!
    only if he did a back up will that work
    07-28-09 11:09 AM
    Normally whoever is upgrading/changing software on a BB is pretty knowledgeable(pretty) so he should have a backup, if not then you my friend are up quite a creek
    07-28-09 11:11 AM
    Normally whoever is upgrading/changing software on a BB is pretty knowledgeable(pretty) so he should have a backup, if not then you my friend are up quite a creek
    Really?

A quick reading of posts around here shows that a large portion of users do not do backups unfortunately.
    07-28-09 11:19 AM
    I always do backups. Doesn't matter how many times I upgrade or change, something could always go wrong. I sure hope you did a backup!
    07-28-09 11:23 AM
    Did you try an import contacts from the sim card?
    07-28-09 11:24 AM
    Really?

A quick reading of posts around here shows that a large portion of users do not do backups unfortunately.
    Hence the pretty knowledgeable.
    07-28-09 11:29 AM
    i am as it seems ... quite an *** !!! but i just got the BB and i just sort of use it as a regular phone and i didn't know about the backup or that data could just be wiped off... and i don't keep stuff on my SIM so i guess i am lost !
    07-28-09 11:31 AM
    All your contact should be on your sim card.
    07-28-09 11:37 AM
    Really?

I have to disagree I always do a back up ,when I make changes and when I do not. I have them store on a removeable drive plenty of space.
    Just curious if you have a computer and if so do you make backups on it ?

I only had a Blackberry a month "btw" the first thing I did was install DM while my Blackberry fully charged then made backup.
    07-28-09 11:45 AM
    Really?

I would have to agree with this.

Most don't even know what Desktop Manager and a Backup/Restore is when they come on here looking for a solution in their first post.
    07-28-09 02:04 PM
    Have you done an OS upgrade recently? That would have made a backup.
    07-28-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD