Really don't know where to post this or for that matter if a question like this can be asked at all. Is it possible to access files from a shared Windows folder with a BB?

Occasionally I have to email files located from my office's shared folder. If I could do this remotely with my BB it would solve major hassles for me when I'm at home or on the road.

Thanks in advance...
    11-11-08 08:53 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. If I find out anything I will post to this thread, or if you have obtained an answer please let me know. Thanks.
    12-30-08 09:47 PM
    It's not possibly currently. I've tried numerous things before.
    12-30-08 09:56 PM
    Don't hold me to this ( I know little of the program) but I think blackberry unite will allow this. But I think you'll be putting an IT policy onto your device. There's a thread for it here might be worth looking into.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:58 PM
    Don't hold me to this ( I know little of the program) but I think blackberry unite will allow this. But I think you'll be putting an IT policy onto your device. There's a thread for it here might be worth looking into.
    This is accurate. You will also need to run the program and its database on the computer you intend on sharing the files (and possibly not be behind a restrictive firewall). File downloads over-the-air are limited to 10mb, but will queue up until you're on a WiFi connection if they are over 10mb. (I'm not sure if you have to be on the 'home' wifi or if any wifi connection will do.)

It allows for other things than serving files such as a shared calendar, shared contacts, and allows some usage restrictions if you so desire.

It'd be best to see if this software is optimal for you as, yes, as an IT Policy it would be difficult to remove from your phone. On the up-side, it's free, and good for up to 5 users.

Forums: http://forums.crackberry.com/f98/
    Blackberry Unite: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Unite!

Cheers.
    -m
    12-31-08 09:16 AM
    Thanks for the backup mykey. I read up on it for a bit until I saw the IT issues everyone was having. From what I understand its pretty stable now. Do you use it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 09:21 AM
    Rove Mobile File Manager allows you to connect to Windows shares and FTP amoung other things. It was free but now discontinued. If you search around Im sure you could still find a copy of it floating around. Its a great little app.
    12-31-08 10:28 AM
    Thanks for the backup mykey. I read up on it for a bit until I saw the IT issues everyone was having. From what I understand its pretty stable now. Do you use it?
    I've been using it since early December, version 1.0.3. I have run in to some 'problems' that were mostly my fault... Such as having it on more than one computer on my LAN at one time.

But other than that I've transferred files of 700-800MB (full length movies) over the WiFi without problems, not because I'm too lazy to hook it in to USB, but because I can

But you can either use BIS (and/or BES maybe?) or Unite to pop/imap your emails to you. Unite offers the "Secure" Connection through RIM for emails, and you can specify the amount of time to check the pop/imap. Send and Receive work as expected.

Overall it is a nice utility and (according to the people on the Unite forums) just a stripped down version of real BES.

Another caveat is that the computer Unite is running should be 'always-on' and connected to the Internet.

-m
    12-31-08 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD