Hi,

This concerns a personal BB on BIS.

I forward from my desk my work exchange/Outlook calendar meetings to my personal blackberry email account. When received I can either accept or cancel the meeting invite. (Or accept/reply and comment). If I accept or reply/comment. It sends a reply to the originator of the meeting (if I was not the creator of the meeting), not my work email address.

Is there a way of adding the calendar entry into my BB calendar WITHOUT it sending the acceptance to the originator. As far as they are concerned they only invited my work mailbox. Not my personal one, they do not need to know my personal address.

I have tried choosing comment and then canceling or just canceling. But either just deletes the invite and does not add the calendar entry to my BB.

Thanks,
    Allan
    03-31-09 03:11 PM
    when u reply... make sure that it is replying form your work account, not your personal acct. check you From: settings at the top of the message.
    03-31-09 03:21 PM
    when u reply... make sure that it is replying form your work account, not your personal acct. check you From: settings at the top of the message.
    Have you tried this? Because it does not show me the reply message. I just did another test and it gives me the following choices:

ACCEPT
    TENTATIVE
    DECLINE
    VIEW CALENDAR
    DELETE

The template it brings up does not let you change the organizer name or any of the addresses. If I choose ACCEPT, TENTATIVE or DECLINE it sends an email to the organizer. If choose DELETE, it deletes it and does not send anything. If I click view calendar, even before accepting, it shows me the entry in my calendar and lets me save it. But the problem is that if I go back to the original message (calendar invite) and delete it, it deletes the entry in my calendar.

Anyway to get around this? It is strange that we cannot just accept without sending a response. You can directly on Outlook, why not on a Blackberry?
    03-31-09 03:34 PM
    You can directly on Outlook, why not on a Blackberry?
    because a blackberry is not outlook?

let me see what i can come up with.
    03-31-09 03:37 PM
    is your work account on your bb?

What email account is your calander's "DEFAULT SERVICE"?
    03-31-09 03:40 PM
    When I send appointments from my Outlook to my BlackBerry, they are added to my calender without replying or accepting the invitation.

Try checking your calendar before you reply and see if the appointment isn't already there. If it is, just don't respond to the email.
    03-31-09 06:18 PM
    The work email and calendar is not in any way associated with my personal blackberry and seperate email address.

This is what occurs:
    1. I receive a meeting invitation from someone else at work. I accept it.
    2. I then forward that calendar entry from my work Outlook to my personal email address that is associated with my BB.
    3. On my BB I receive the invite as an email.

It shows up as an email, but when opened looks like an appointment template to add the calendar entry to my Calendar. If I do not touch the email, it is still automatically added to my calendar.
    BUT if I open it up and accept the invite it responds to the individual at my office who originally invited my work account. If I just delete the original email it removes the calendar entry. I guess. I would have to keep all the invites if I wanted to keep the appts in my calendar.
    That could be a solution, but for some reason the calendar reminder alarm does not get activated on my BB for the appt unless I edit the appt and add an alarm. (Even though the original appt at work had a reminder alarm).
    To edit the appt I have to first accept it so it becomes a real calendar entry and not a possible entry based on the email invite.

Thanks for your ideas and questions.
    04-01-09 03:28 PM
    When I send appointments from my Outlook to my BlackBerry, they are added to my calender without replying or accepting the invitation.

Try checking your calendar before you reply and see if the appointment isn't already there. If it is, just don't respond to the email.
    Can you delete the original email and still have the calendar entry?
    04-01-09 03:29 PM
    No, you need to keep the email.
    04-01-09 07:14 PM
    That's kind of what I was thinking... I personally would perfer the email to stay.... I hate that it goes away when you accept the invite..... I look at my email more thwen my calendar

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 07:24 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I like to keep my inbox clean so I did a test and sent myself an invite. I was able to see it in my calendar without touching the email. I was also able to edit it to add a reminder alarm. So what I did next was save the email to the saved email folder. Still good to go. No problems in the calendar, still there. Then I deleted the original in my inbox. That did it. The calendar entry also went with it. Even though I still had the copy in my saved email folder. Though it changed to a different view. No appt any longer, just an email from me with an unknown attachment.

Seems like I am one of the only users that want this functionality. Just too bad it does not behave like Outlook does.

Anyway, if there are any ideas it would be great.

Thanks.
    04-02-09 09:39 AM
    You're not the only one - I also do the same thing so I would LOVE to see a proper fix to this.
    04-08-09 01:43 PM
    Definitely check your default services for your calendar. If you have your work e-mail address on your BB, you should be able to set it up to send the confirmation via the work e-mail address.
    04-08-09 01:54 PM
    I have the same issue. Any one have a fix?
    09-09-09 12:14 PM
    I have the same issue. Any one have a fix?
    Not sure if this is a fix, but I also use my personal BB to receive work e-mails and meeting requests. When I get a meeting request via e-mail on my BB Bold, I press Menu and have the following options WRT the invite:

1. Accept
    2. Accept with Comments
    3. Tentative
    4. Tentative with Comments
    5. Decline
    6. Decline with Comments

This seems to address the questions asked by the OP and seems to provide all the requisite options. Does this help?
    09-09-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD