Seriously I see a lot of BlackBerry in the financial district in toronto . A lot. It actually skews my view of things because I have the tendency to project that as an indicator of the bigger picture. It makes me think that sales this quarter have been huge although I know they are not.

From my new z30
    03-16-14 06:36 AM
    Good to hear that BlackBerry is still alive and well in Canada after all, faith restored!

For those asking where I was whilst in Canada - mainly a number of universities, hotels, bars and restaurants downtown (only the Tdot and Edmonton), airports and planes.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    03-16-14 07:49 AM
    In downtown Toronto corporate circles are starting to issue bb10 devices finally, including banks and governments. There are also a healthy dose of bb10s in the wild, but iPhone still dominates everything by a big shot. The advertising was heavy in the earlier days of bb10 but has died off lately. The big push is enterprise...there are a LOT more BlackBerry shops here that have yet to go MDM. Once the conversion from legacy fully takes hold, you'll see much more of a critical mass on the streets, especially during commuting times. For example, I'm one of the only people at my work with a personal bb10 phone (I'll be getting a work z30 next month) so I'm going around showing everyone with new phones how awesome bb10 is...folks in the meeting rooms without are starting to get gadget envy, lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 08:05 AM
    I'm in Florida right now and I was surprised by the amount of BB's I have saw. 99% of the phones I have seen were IPhones, but seeing some BB and as many Samsung's.
    Also seeing alot of Ontario license plates so maybe all the BB owners are down here in Orlando......
    Floridians seem to hold their own...the 'Berryflow' guys and also Karl Denninger's blog are huge BlackBerry advocates...probably creating some local centre of gravity....

Posted via CB10
    James Nieves likes this.
    03-16-14 08:14 AM
    Floridians seem to hold their own...the 'Berryflow' guys and also Karl Denninger's blog are huge BlackBerry advocates...probably creating some local centre of gravity....

Posted via CB10
    I saw about 5 since launch in Toronto. I never see any on campus and I saw all of them In a mall. I'm actually surprised many of you people see this many around.
    03-16-14 02:28 PM
    I saw about 5 since launch in Toronto. I never see any on campus and I saw all of them In a mall. I'm actually surprised many of you people see this many around.
    You shouldn't be surprised because most students still don't think BlackBerry is cool.
    03-16-14 03:10 PM
    I'm with you on this one. I like walking around being the only one with a BlackBerry

Posted via Q10 on T-Mobile U.S.A
    03-16-14 03:24 PM
    I live in Toronto and I have a Z10 w/ Fido. There are 2 guys in my CCNA course that have Z10s also.
    03-16-14 03:39 PM
    I'm on a trip at the moment. I went to Singapore, then to London, to Budapest, to London, then to Luxembourg.

On every single day of the trip, I have seen a BlackBerry 10 device without fail. Luxembourg has a lot of Q10s while Budapest had a lot of Z10s. London is a mix of both.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    03-16-14 03:49 PM
    It's hard to spot Z10s, which are dominant among BB10 devices, but I see BB10 devices a lot in Toronto. I always catch the Q10. I love the look on the device so it always catches my attention. Just saw a lady with a white Q and I think her friend thought I was staring at her ****. Lol. I've caught 2 Z30s. Both at the auction on different days. A coworker just upgraded to a Koodo Q5. I've seen young ladies gathering around a working Z10 display at Walmart. I've overheard some young guy talking to his friends about the Q10 he was going to get. In time it will grow. I'm not worried about Toronto. I just hope BlackBerry can grow in other markets.
    03-16-14 03:58 PM
    You aren't going to see a majority of BlackBerry phones in Canada. Maybe a good 10% ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 04:03 PM
    I've seen BB10 in Asia Pacific as well. Some here in Canada too but the volume globally needs work.

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 04:08 PM
    You aren't going to see a majority of BlackBerry phones in Canada. Maybe a good 10% ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    That's the thing, it used to be a majority - which was, even then, unusual (and totally cool)

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 04:12 PM
    That's the thing, it used to be a majority - which was, even then, unusual (and totally cool)

Posted via CB10
    It will come back eventually. I know quite a bit of people getting tired of iPhone and even Android OS itself.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 04:14 PM
    Saw this little goodie at Future Shop today!

First, I'll say that they had all 4 BB10 models there, front and center, and working.

But the flyer is what got me!!

Absence of BlackBerrys in Canada-img_20140316_134116.jpg

This is Whitby, Ontario. 25 minutes east of Toronto.
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-16-14 04:41 PM
    I bet you would see a lot of BB in Washinton... even Z10s, I saw a couple of them in House of Cards season 2.
    03-16-14 06:04 PM
    I visit Canada once or twice a year for business and can usually rely on it as the BlackBerry enclave, where I see more BlackBerry devices and BlackBerry promotion than anywhere else in the world. I'm just finishing a week long trip and wow - the lack of BB devices, and absence of BB marketing was pretty shocking.

Over the past week I've been in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton and have seen ZERO BB10 devices in the wild, a handful of 9900s, and lots of Sammys and iPhones.

What's happened to you Canada?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    only parents in Canada are carrying BB10s :S

Teenage: Guys androids and girls iphones
    03-16-14 11:24 PM

Do I look like a parent.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 11:26 PM

In western Canada it was often the opposite. Teens and students were still getting bb's, as thery were free - the other smartphones were expensive. That was the last wave of adoption bb had out here, and by now most have moved on and/or the bb had fallen apart by then.
    03-16-14 11:42 PM
    Do I look like a parent.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    In western Canada it was often the opposite. Teens and students were still getting bb's, as thery were free - the other smartphones were expensive. That was the last wave of adoption bb had out here, and by now most have moved on and/or the bb had fallen apart by then.
    good to hear there are teenagers carrying around BB10 besides me, my brother and my 1 friend.

But I live in waterloo and its crazy how many parents i see carrying around BB10s then most teenagers are carrying around androids / iphones. Haven't seen a WP yet.

I'm out all the time and there are 2 universities and 1 college in my area but still nothing

But I'm just saying what i see sadly, even in BB headquarter area
    03-17-14 12:07 AM
    good to hear there are teenagers carrying around BB10 besides me, my brother and my 1 friend.

But I live in waterloo and its crazy how many parents i see carrying around BB10s then most teenagers are carrying around androids / iphones. Haven't seen a WP yet.
    (
    No. You don't see many teens or students with them... A legacy here or there. I was saying that they WERE the last "big" wave of users about 3 years ago, that I saw. Since then those phones have been replaced with apple and android. Since then the iPhone 4 and numerous android became available for minimal cost with contact,

I've only seen a 3 winphone users ever.
    03-17-14 01:10 AM
    Yes in my travels, I've been seeing a lot more BlackBerry in the public.

Many Z30s and Q10s.

I do know when I worked at a Rogers dealer, I was able to push many BB10 devices out.

Posted via CB10
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-17-14 01:16 AM
    I see a lot of new blackberry phones. I was in business meeting two weeks ago. 4 people, two z10 and two Q10s. No android or iphone. 100% berry room.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-17-14 09:24 AM
    Ya that's weird I see them a lot here, especially at a starbucks

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 09:33 AM
    I visit Canada once or twice a year for business and can usually rely on it as the BlackBerry enclave, where I see more BlackBerry devices and BlackBerry promotion than anywhere else in the world. I'm just finishing a week long trip and wow - the lack of BB devices, and absence of BB marketing was pretty shocking.

Over the past week I've been in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton and have seen ZERO BB10 devices in the wild, a handful of 9900s, and lots of Sammys and iPhones.

What's happened to you Canada?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Checker Flag leasing, in Mississauga, outside of Toronto [lease trailers and other fleet], has BlackBerry 10 devices in their office, which includes about 3-4 other companies under their umbrella. Canada Cartage uses BlackBerry. My workplace just switched strictly to BlackBerry, they just needed to be shown BlackBerry 10 isn't like the legacy OS.
    03-17-14 10:23 AM
57 123