View Poll Results: Do you like your OS7 phone a year in (you should your warranty is almost over)

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we are great together

107 65.24%
  • I never had an OS7 phone, still using a reliable old model

18 10.98%
  • No, I can't wait for BB10

20 12.20%
  • No I can't wait for WM8, android, or ios

12 7.32%
  • something else

7 4.27%
    I was doing alright even with my BB Tour but with my new device and OS7 I couldn't be more satisfied.
    07-25-12 01:55 PM
    I'm satisfied, but not blown away by it. I'm waiting for BB10 to see how it does before I make any decisions on my next phone.

Sent from my 9860, no QWERTY required.
    07-25-12 02:03 PM
    I'm going to cheat here. Been using OS 6 since May 2011. And bought a BlackBerry Curve 9310 two days ago. OS 7.1 is better than OS 6 when I had my Torch.
    07-25-12 02:22 PM
    BB7 is barely hanging on today IMHO. The sooner BB10 comes out, the better for us all.

As soon as you start layering on apps and BBM groups and BBM contacts, the 9900 starts to slow to unacceptable levels loads of times.
    Can't say I have been suffering from that, BB7 has been very stable for me so far.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-12 02:42 PM
    No complaints from me! I've had OS7 since last Aug when I got my 9860 and i'm still lovin' it! I don't need to have the latest and greatest so i'm not in any hurry for BB10 or interested in any other platform!
    07-25-12 02:55 PM
    LOVE my BB7 devices. all of them.
    That's not to say that I won't get a BB10 device.
    07-25-12 04:01 PM
    Oh man, if I didn't have to wait for BB10 I would go Windows Phone 8, that's the only other phone I would contemplate getting for the near future...
    07-25-12 04:22 PM
    ive got a bold 9900 and i love it! it does everything i need and more. ive used ios4s and after spending some time getting to know my bold i well never look back. os7 rocks . ios4s just dont get the job done. unless your into JUST wasting time then its fun but then again my bold is fun time waster when needed and i feel my info is secure. im sticking with RIM and im in no rush for bb10 my os7 still rocks!
    07-25-12 05:54 PM
    I am stumped as to why only texazzpete is the only one in this thread that seems to be having issues.

So far if you look at the posts and the poll results a vast majority are content.

Maybe we are all underachievers? I don't know.

I sure am happy with my 9810.
    07-25-12 06:42 PM
    I've been very happy with my Bold 9700 with BB6 but will probably upgrade to a BB7 device even if it is after BB10 comes out, purely because of budget constraints. However if I am looking forward to BB10.

XDrew42 I had a chance to try a Storm and rather liked the SurePress system, too bad RIM axed it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-25-12 07:13 PM
    I'm glad i finally found some corroborating evidence for my suspicion that BBM was the main reason for my freezing BB

So this is a known issue and RIM cannot/will not fix it....and people wonder why I like my BB but detest the RIM management.
    Discussion seems to point the finger at active BBM-Groups, not BBM.

The cause of problem seems to be the level of traffic generated by many groups, causing more network traffic (processing and radio battery loading) than other functions combined. You can't blame RIM for the verbosity of other users - although with 20/20 hindsight maybe the groups feature should have been killed before it got to public beta.
    07-25-12 07:32 PM
    I've been happy with my Bold 9900 since last August. The hardware and software are a night and day difference from the Tour 9630 I used previously. I ended my then-current contract a year early so I could get the upgrade.

I am looking forward to seeing BB10, but I suspect that as long as my 9900 keeps working, I will wait until BB10 has been available for a while and is mature and stable (and well-reviewed!).
    07-25-12 09:07 PM
    I started on 7520 and with each new phone (on launch day), the 8820, the 9000 and peaking with the 9700 I kept wondering what in the world RIM was going to do with the next one because each phone was just so much better than the last one, what could they do to make the next one even better? Was it even possible?

Then came the 9800 and OS 6 and I will tell you for the first time I became frustrated with my BB. I believe to this day the processor in the 9800 was way under powered - combined with an OS that I felt was rushed and I had all kinds of problems for the first time I was admittedly disappointed.

On launch day for the 9810 I paid full price because I didn't have the upgrade yet from the 9800 but everything I read said the 9810 would fix a lot of what I felt was wrong with the 9800 and I admit that from the get go I thought the 9810 was what the 9800 should have been on launch day 1 year prior.

I like my 9810 but this is the first BB I have had to return x2 for problems with the phone, first was for a loose slider and the 2nd was a phone that was dead when I woke up and would not reboot. Also I have lost that "I wonder what BB is going to do next time because this is just the greatest phone there ever was" feeling, I can go on but it serves no purpose in this thread.

What I am hoping against all hope, is the launch day I go to AT&T to see the BB10 device - I hold it in my hand and say - wow - whats the next one gonna look like cause I can't see them improving on this one....

I really do - so I voted no- I cant wait for BB10!
    07-25-12 09:21 PM
    I don't use OS7, but I have used it and I do know that it is very competitive. I would take it any day over any mobile OS out there. As I have said in a thread, people knock it much too often because they think it is like the older OS's (comparing their new iPhone/Android/etc to OS5 or so instead of a brand new OS7 device)
    07-26-12 01:29 PM
    Had my 9930 for over a month and the hardware really made the phone more enjoyable to use. The software(OS 7) just felt like the same old BB I had years ago when I was using the Tour 9630. On a daily basis OS 7 was useful, but there were things I needed like good GPS directions, more useable browser, etc.. Usually that was all I wanted and never gave anything else a chance until the OG Droid came out. I can't even count the times switching back and forth. Hopefully BB 10 will cater to what my phone needs/wants are and just hate waiting.
    07-26-12 03:42 PM
    bought my 9900 in january and no regrets here at all. i love it. i love the keyboard. i love the synergy between my phone and my tablet.
    07-26-12 04:02 PM
    I am stumped as to why only texazzpete is the only one in this thread that seems to be having issues.

So far if you look at the posts and the poll results a vast majority are content.

Maybe we are all underachievers? I don't know.

I sure am happy with my 9810.
    You do not have to personalize this...many others are of the opinion that BBM and BBM groups are likely to be the main reasons for the terrible slowdowns I and many others experience. It may not be a key feature used by many here, but in Nigeria BBM is the MAIN reason why people buy Blackberries. If you do not have 200+ BBM contacts and belong to 3 BB groups as I do, then you cannot recreate my experience. People who are more familiar with the BB platform seem to agree with me, so insinuating i'm lying is really unfair.

At the end of the day, it is just a glass, plastic and stainless steel device which ought to work well especially when using advertised native features. If my experience is sub-optimal, should I not share it here? Are we all supposed to show only slavish devotion to BB products? I think not.

PS: I was in Europe on vacation earlier this year and I used my BB exclusively on Wifi for BBM and social media. Battery life lasted for days...I have the sneaky suspicion that the 3G Radio firmware isn't that optimized and that may be the major reason for my battery issues. Possible?
    07-27-12 12:33 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD