I'm about to put my BlackBerry up for sale. I know I need to make sure T-Mobile releases the PIN so its future user can use all features. I also know I have to reinstall the OS so as to get all the useless stuff I uninstalled (such as all IM clients) back in.

But I still have questions, and searching the forums for resell, reselling, resale didn't bring information useful enough. What happens to paid applications, especially those tied to the device's PIN? Do I need to un-register from AppWorld? Anything else I'm overlooking?

T I A.
    05-24-09 12:47 AM
    Bump.

Is there a way to double-check the PIN is release so whoever buys my phone can use all features? I was told by a T-Mobile CS rep that the PIN was no longer tied to my account, but after being transfered from 2 totally clueless reps, I don't trust that last answer so I'd like to confirm the PIN is released.
    05-31-09 02:12 AM
    can you just log onto tmobiles BIS site and delete the pin/imei from the device list?
    05-31-09 02:22 AM
    When you took your sim card out and put it in another blackberry. You go to Tmo's bis page. It will ask you to update imei and pin. When you do that the pin is released from the old phone. As far as appworld goes, I have no idea. I would think you could go there and update your pin to your new device. Might have to look at their help page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 05:56 AM
    Anytime I sell anything online I would do a system install and put the phone back to normal. That way apps like appworld won't be an issue. good luck though.
    05-31-09 08:24 AM
    When you took your sim card out and put it in another blackberry. You go to Tmo's bis page. It will ask you to update imei and pin. When you do that the pin is released from the old phone. As far as appworld goes, I have no idea. I would think you could go there and update your pin to your new device. Might have to look at their help page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The thing is, I don't have another BlackBerry. I asked T-Mobile to switch me back to the Total Internet plan for the Shadow. When I log into the BIS site, it asks me for a device IMEI and PIN before I can see any options and I don't want to enter those from the Curve 8900 in case the PIN is already clear and I don't want risk getting it back into my account.
    06-01-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD