After decades as a loyal Blackberry user - I have a Q 10 and my last two BBerry devices are on display on my office shelf I'm about ready to pack it in. After customer service nightmares with my wife's Q 10 and ongoing issues with an HDMI port that stopped working after a software upgrade on my Playbook, I'm ready to give the iPhone a shot. Keep in mind I once maintained a BES server for my entire company based on the fact that I had a Blackberry (the only one in service in my company). So I'm not opposed to sacrificing a little for what I truly used to believe was a superior product. I was loyal to a fault - risking ridicule and inconvenience to keep my Blackberry. But after two finger-pointing, "it's not us it's the carrier/ it's not our software upgrade it's the hardware and you're out of warranty tough tittie" arguments with customer support I've come to the conclusion that I'm not giving up on Blackberry. They've given up on me. It would not have killed them to simply replace my wife's phone (turns out that it was a problem with the phone - still under warranty - but Sprint made good just to keep our business) or my Playbook (I still maintain the HDMI failure was tied in some way to a software update). Also, it would not kill them to make apps that actually work (in trying to keep up with Android and iOS BBerry is losing focus on those things it does better than anyone else). I even sent a letter in to John Chen (last resort since BBerry customer support washed their hands of me), but have receive no reply. No surprise, he's got a company to hold hands with while it dies a slow, painful death. I just wanted to say thanks for everything. And thanks for nothing. See you on the flipside, BBerry.
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-28-14 01:11 PM
    03-28-14 01:14 PM
    That didn't feel very zen. Enjoy your iphone. They make good devices too.
    03-28-14 01:16 PM
    Good luck with your future endeavor. Sorry to hear you had so many problems. Hopefully Chen will improve customer relations, and you will return.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    03-28-14 01:16 PM
    Also, it would not kill them to make apps that actually work (in trying to keep up with Android and iOS BBerry is losing focus on those things it does better than anyone else).
    Which OS manufacturer builds Apps for its AppStore?

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    03-28-14 01:17 PM
    Good luck with everything!

I have been frustrated with BlackBerry but no way would I go iOS or Android, matter of fact I have no idea what I would do if BlackBerry was out of the game completely.

Do they still make & sell pagers?

? BlackBerry Q10 ? KEEP THE FAITH
    03-28-14 01:22 PM
    Work in both the computer and smartphone field... if you think things are going to be better with another platform.... think again... finger pointing are always their specialty... it harkens back the days Apple tried to tell customers that their reception issue was not an atenna problem but how the users hold the phone... Some customer service reps are there to help others are there to collect a cheque... had a major incident with my Bell Satellite service 2 weels ago... took 10 days to relsove... have come to terms this is whare "customer service" is these days..... All you can really do is keep hamering no matter what plaform you choose... as I can guarantee it is not a exclusive BB problem.... good luch in wherever you end up.... sometimes a change is good... other times not so much....
    sickyute likes this.
    03-28-14 01:26 PM
    Hope you have better luck with the hdmi ports on your iPhone!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 01:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha
    03-28-14 01:37 PM
    Which OS manufacturer builds Apps for its AppStore?

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    They all do.
    iOS has iLife and iWork.
    Google Play services are all written by google.
    Microsoft?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    techvisor likes this.
    03-28-14 01:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ports are not necessary. They can only break. Just as the OP describes.

03-28-14 01:46 PM
    Good luck OP, that's the LAST thing I'd do, but to each his own... Here's 15 reasons I wouldn't do it.

1) Miracast – This is a nifty feature that can broadcast your phone screen and audio wirelessly peer to peer to another Miracast enabled device such as a TV or Miracast Dongle. Apple has Apple TV, which is similar, but in it’s usual fashion only works with other Apple devices. Miracast is much like having wireless HDMI.

2) WiDi – Similar to Miracast, WiFi Direct can mirror your screen and audio to another WiDi capable device. This Intel directive uses a “soft AP” (Access Point) in the sending device, usually a laptop or other portable device.
    3) NFC – Near Field Communications allows the transfer of files between devices, electronic payments at point of sale, and easy manipulation of device features with the use of tags.
    4) USBOTG – USB On the Go allows the connection of numerous 3rd party peripherals to your BlackBerry 10 phone. The list includes hard drives, memory sticks, keyboards, mice, and many more. This, plus a connection to a large flat screen gives you almost work station like performance. Amazing!
    5) SD card – The SD card slot allows up to 2 TBs of extra file storage. At the time of this writing, users have successfully installed 128gb SD cards. I have a 64gb card in my Z30, which in addition to the built-in 16gb, gives me a whopping 80gb phone!
    6) DLNA – Digital Living Network Alliance is a standard in wide use for streaming multimedia files over a WiFi network. Unlike Miracast, DLNA requires a wireless LAN in order to function as opposed to the peer to peer nature of Miracast. The advantage of DLNA is that once you start streaming a movie or song, you are free to use the phone for other things such as BBM or email. Were you to do this with Miracast, the TV would be showing you messaging someone.
    7) Stereo speakers – Not needing much of an explanation the iPhone is mono only. The Z30 stereo speakers are second to none. Beautiful sound.
    8) 4 mics – This allows for natural sound in HD phone calls, BBM voice and video calls, and stereo video recordings.
    9) Flash – Flash makes for a much more rich and enjoyable web browsing experience. There are thousands of sites that use flash content and this is one reason why BB10 users don’t need “an app for that”.
    10) 5″ screen – Poor iPhone… stuck with a tiny 4” screen. Both the Z10 at 4.2” and the Z30 at 5” are larger making for a much better experience.
    11) HDMI out – I’ve used the native HDMI out countless times in the boardroom and at home to show presentations and watch movies. People are amazed seeing the 1080p quality coming from such a small device.

12) Wireless charging – Available to some Z30 models, wireless Qi is a convenient and un-tethered way of charging your phone. Available from Verizon.
    13) A file system – So many BB10 users take this for granted. Being able to place music, documents, pictures, and video files in any existing or newly created folder. You cannot say that you have “mobile computing” without this basic feature. Plus, on BB10 you can manipulate and move those files wirelessly from a laptop or desktop.

14) RFA – Remote File Access. Imagine being able to access any file on your laptop or desktop from anywhere in the world! It’s like having your own little (or big) cloud storage. Any drive that your PC is mapped to including NAS, USB, servers, etc. All accessible in your hand. Many Terabytes await you!
    15) And… you know what? It’s the year 2014 and if I send an iPhone user an email, they can’t even reply to it with an attachment! That in itself is the most ridiculous lack of efficiency I’ve ever seen.
    03-28-14 02:02 PM
    See ya.

About Ready To Pack It In.-buh-bye.jpg
    03-28-14 02:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. That caught me off guard.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-28-14 03:29 PM
    Ports are not necessary. They can only break. Just as the OP describes.

So can home buttons? Sorry, could not resist. It's all in good humor.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-28-14 03:30 PM
    So can home buttons? Sorry, could not resist. It's all in good humor.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Well played.
    03-28-14 03:32 PM