Well it's me again lol!! if I go to Options then to About nothing comes up when I click About, why is that? geez, I have no idea what happened. I just did a memory thing but it didn't give me more than 12,000,000 and now the About is nothing. the trackball works on the other links. thank you
    08-20-08 05:13 PM
    If you deleted VAD, about screen won't work.
    08-20-08 05:15 PM
    If you removed the "VAD" files (voice activated dialing) you will lose "about."
    08-20-08 05:15 PM
    If you need info on your BB, just hit ALT>SHIFT>H at the same time.
    08-20-08 05:16 PM
    If you did the memory thing, you lost about. Sorry.
    Try the up/down arrow key and eace. Simultaneously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 05:17 PM
    this is crap, urgh!! i didn't know that. do i need the about thing? gosh i have a pearl where the heck is Alt Shift? gosh!! thank you
    08-20-08 05:19 PM
    No, you don't need About Screen!
    08-20-08 05:19 PM
    Alt - bottom left
    Shift - bottom right
    08-20-08 05:20 PM
    If you need info on your BB, just hit ALT>SHIFT>H at the same time.
    wow, i cant believe i didnt know this thanks!!
    08-20-08 05:22 PM
    I swear I never say bad words but Im about 2 seconds away. how am i suppose to press Alt and Shift and the letter H at the same time?? freaking crap!! now Im hating my phone! i do it from the main screen correct? cause it isnt working lol!! Im a dork geez, can you give me the dummy example please! thank you
    08-20-08 05:25 PM
    I swear I never say bad words but Im about 2 seconds away. how am i suppose to press Alt and Shift and the letter H at the same time?? freaking crap!! now Im hating my phone! i do it from the main screen correct? cause it isnt working lol!! Im a dork geez, can you give me the dummy example please! thank you
    You're kidding, right?

ALT key -left thumb

Right shift key = right thumb

H = right index finger

I just did it twice.
    08-20-08 05:32 PM
    You're kidding, right?

ALT key -left thumb

H = right index finger

I just did it twice.
    keep in mind she has a pearl, you have a curve.
    08-20-08 05:33 PM
    You're kidding, right?

ALT key -left thumb

H = right index finger

I just did it twice.
    I am able to do it when i put my cell phone down but it's still not releasing the information. is that the only way i can see what my info is? this sucks. lol!! I do it from the main screen correct?
    08-20-08 05:35 PM
    Dang, I didn't even know the alt, shift , h combo, but that does do a multitap/caplock combo on an pearl too.

08-20-08 05:36 PM
    I am able to do it when i put my cell phone down but it's still not releasing the information. is that the only way i can see what my info is? this sucks. lol!! I do it from the main screen correct?
    I think you must turn off "dial from home screen."
    08-20-08 05:37 PM
    I would recommend the alt + eace combo for the pearl.

08-20-08 05:38 PM
    Ah, the OP has a Pearl. This might not work. Not sure. See what happens when I venture out of the 83xx forums!
    08-20-08 05:41 PM
    08-20-08 05:42 PM
    Thank you I just looked at the BB and it said i need to reset. lol!! i will see if that works for me. i appreciate your patience and for not making fun of me for not understanding and being able to do it lol!! thank you again!
    08-20-08 05:46 PM
    I appreciate all the help but it's not working still. I can go to the Option menu the first one is About then Advanced Options well I can't get on to About. EVEN when I do the alt shift H thing. I have the 8130 pearl my memory is good now, after I reset it but 15,934,499 so got memory lost info lol!! I been on the phone with Telus BB support still no answer I give up.
    Thanks!!
    08-20-08 05:59 PM
    I appreciate all the help but it's not working still. I can go to the Option menu the first one is About then Advanced Options well I can't get on to About. EVEN when I do the alt shift H thing. I have the 8130 pearl my memory is good now, after I reset it but 15,934,499 so got memory lost info lol!! I been on the phone with Telus BB support still no answer I give up.
    Thanks!!
    Put back the VAD files where they belong and reload it through desktop manager.
    08-20-08 06:01 PM
    Thanks!!

You will not have an About Screen no matter what you do if you deleted Voice Activated Dialing. Your only option is replacing Voice Activated Dialing. But, there is no reason to do this, for that screen offers you nothing that you can't find elsewhere.
    08-20-08 06:07 PM
    ok and to the others thank you, i will just leave it the way it is and not worry about it!
    thank you
    08-20-08 06:08 PM
    Thread cleaned up. Please be respectful to others.
    08-20-08 07:24 PM
    Thank you!
    08-20-08 07:58 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD