Hey everyone, just curious as to whether I will be able to use the Storm's GPS with a program like BB Maps / Google Maps without paying for Verizon's Navigation system. If so, that would be awesome. Thanks.
    11-23-08 11:39 AM
    Bump... These boards are moving super fast these days.
    11-23-08 11:53 AM
    I've heard that BB Maps definitely works, and that it uses the GPS to get your exact position. Last I heard, Google maps DID NOT. Is this still the consensus? I haven't got my storm yet, but was seriously hoping to be able to use Google maps with the GPS enabled. On my Pearl, Google Maps "my location" is really inaccurate, without satellite. I was hoping for an improvement with the Storm....
    11-23-08 11:57 AM
    Ah, great. And I don't need to pay for the service either?
    11-23-08 11:58 AM
    you can use any gps app on the Storm. I have used google maps and it works (takes a bit longer to aquire satellites and must be outside to aquire them)
    11-23-08 11:59 AM
    Oh, thanks--that's great to hear!
    11-23-08 12:01 PM
    I haven't been able to get google maps to work on my Storm. I spent five minutes outside and no such luck. I checked the settings and everything should be working. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 03:22 PM
    I've been using blackberry maps on my storm and its great. No voice directions but it has been dead on accurate for me. I deleted VZN per a previous post to speed up my system and I've noticed a difference with that too.
    11-23-08 03:28 PM
    Most GPS solutions will work like Blackberry Maps and others, however, Google Maps currently will not work correctly with the Storm. You can use it all you want but you will not get a GPS location for yourself, just a cell triangulation point.

We have to wait for Google to update there Maps app to work with the Storm correctly.
    11-23-08 03:53 PM
    I cant get Google Maps or BB Maps to show up on my Storm but I know its there
    Last edited by berryfool; 11-23-08 at 04:17 PM.
    11-23-08 04:14 PM
    I like the look of google maps soooo much better than BB maps. I'm not going to delete bb maps yet but when google updates for gps on the storm I will happily say goodbye to bb maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 04:19 PM
    Still can not get down loads or icons to show up for bb maps or google maps , any ideas , I have a Storm
    11-23-08 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD